All reviewsrib roomsloane streetharvey nicksjumeirah groupcadogan gardenslobby loungeroom servicejunior suiteafternoon tealuxury hotelkings roadsuperb hotelnespresso machinean upgradehyde parklovely roomenglish breakfast
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel whilst in London for a conference. Lovely room with beautiful view of the Gardens.

Positives:
- Luxury, well designed generous sized rooms with comfortable bed
- State of the art gym.
- Friendly and helpful staff. Very attentive.
- Complimentary water
- Nice bathroom amenities
- Lovely breakfast
- Access: Easy to get to from both Gatwick and Heathrow airports. Right near Knightsbridge tube.

Negatives:
- Room service was slow and all dishes were too salty to eat (Perhaps it was a busy night?)
- Bath was a bit small (we are not big people)

Overall a good experience. Would recommend if you are willing to pay for luxury and the quality of room service food improves.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
NicholasChalmers, Manager at Jumeirah Carlton Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here on Trip Advisor.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a good experience overall. It is lovely to know that you had time to try our facilities, we are particularly proud of The Peak Health Club, as well as the state of the art equipment, the views across the London skyline are quite spectacular.

We always strive to exceed expectations and deliver excellent customer service in line with the Jumeirah Hallmarks of hospitality to ensure our guests have a fantastic stay in our enviable location in the heart of Knightsbridge.

I am however disappointed to hear that your Room Service dishes were too salty for you, please rest assured that your comments have been passed along to our Food and Beverage Director and Room Service Manager to prevent this from happening in the future.

I am sorry to hear you found the bath a little small, space in London is limited so to make the best use of this some of the bathrooms are a little smaller so as not to take away too much from the bedroom area, hence there are also smaller baths. I would highly recommend our spa suites for a future visit which have a very large bathroom and an incredible free standing bath.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Jumeirah Carlton Tower in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 July 2014

If you want to shop in Knightsbridge then this is a perfect location as you are quite literally just around the corner from the main drag of shops, and easily within 10 minutes of Harvey Nichols and the Tube station.
The lobby and bar is very plush but I have to say the check in was over the top. My friend had booked this for us for her 40th birthday and had already checked in when I arrived. They were insistent on having a photo ID of me before letting me check in as my credit card was not good enough - but apparently by annual Merlin card was? I've stayed in far posher hotels than this, including Relais and Chateaux venues, and not been asked for a photo ID to prove who I was - especially when my friend was already in the hotel room (and had already paid in full). This was apparently the same case for our 3rd friend who checked in later!
As there were three of us (So we did not require two doubles) we opted for a superior standard room as an extra bed could be put up for us.
The room was very standard - not that plush - I was expecting more - and the view was over the back of the hotel (so essentially just the roof). The night light was hanging off the wall, but when it was reported it was promptly fixed. I think essentially you are paying for the location. The third bed was not made up but when we asked this was also sorted. So service was good in that respect. Have to say would not stay again though - in my book overpriced. Maybe it's different if you have a suite - but I certainly wasn't blown away.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Firstly I would like to thank you for choosing Jumeirah Carlton Tower for your stay in London and for sharing your experience here on Trip Advisor.
I am very pleased to read that you have truly enjoyed the location in the heart of Knightsbridge with all it has to offer.
I am terribly sorry to hear that your overall experience did not live up to your expectations. According to our security policy we are required to ask for photo ID upon check in. I understand that this might not be convenient for UK residents but please be assured that this is to guarantee the safety and security of all our guests. Please also note that this is outlined on our booking confirmation,

I am also concerned to read that you were unhappy with the size of your room. We always strive to accommodate the best rooms within the category booked however we would recommend booking one of our Suites for triple occupancy.

Please do contact us directly when you are planning your next trip to London so that we can recommend the most suitable room type.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We had been looking forward to staying at the JCT for a long time and were attracted to the Jumeirah brand after 3 brilliant stays at their hotels in Dubai. We had a pleasant stay and the room was nicely furnished and modern but very small (this was disappointing as the hotel was not full and I thought the management would have allocated us a better room as we are Sirius members). We ate in the Rib Room restaurant and the food and service was very good. We also took breakfast in the Rib Room and the full english breakfast was good and on par with most other 4 or 5 star London hotels, but definitely no better, which is disappointing as it cost £40 each. We used the Peak Health club swimming pool but found it was looking tired and the gents changing room from was full of dirty wet towels which is a complete contrast to the Jumeirah hotels in Dubai. I will not be staying again at JCT because there are much better 5 star hotels in London.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
NicholasChalmers, Manager at Jumeirah Carlton Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time and sharing your experience here on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay overall, especially your experience at the Rib Room Restaurant. Please kindly note that our prices are in line with other five star properties in London.

I was concerned to read that you were disappointed with the condition of the changing room at the Peak Health Club and Spa. Please kindly note that this does not reflect our usual standard and I do apologise for this downfall in our service.

I was also concerned to read that you were unhappy with the size of your room; we always strive to accommodate the best rooms within the category booked. As I am sure you are aware that the space is more limited in London than in our properties in Dubai hence the smaller rooms.

Your loyalty to the Jumeirah brand is highly valued and we do hope you will give us a chance to restore your faith in Jumeirah Carlton Tower on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I visited a friend at this famous Jumeirah hotel, the lobby, room and the restaurants are all stunning, staff are friendly and helpful. We had food at its chinoiserie restaurant, it is definitely one of my best experience in London . Jumeirah is the luxury from Middle East!

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest,

I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially your room and the rest of the hotel facilities. Moreover, I was also extremely pleased to read that you enjoyed your experience at the Chinoiserie Restaurant and you found it the best in London. We do our utmost to extend the highest level of service to our guests and it is delightful to read such kind words.

We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Jumeirah Carlton Tower in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The Jumeriah group has once again exceeded our expectations. We celebrated my birthday last weekend with afternoon tea booked through our Sirius card. The whole experience made yes feel very special even when the pink champagne bottles cork nearly ended up between Bens teeth! Ha ha ... The staff were very attentive, polite and looked after us very well indeed. The harpist was a lively touch. Fabulously relaxed Afternoon Tea with Punk Champagne with your hubby on a rainy Saturday afternoon what else could one want! Thank you JCT!

Room Tip: Choose the tall chairs in the Chinnoserie!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us here on Trip Advisor.

I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed celebrating your birthday with us, and that you both left with all your teeth intact! I am very pleased to read that my colleagues were able to make your special occasion even more memorable by being attentive and polite. We always strive to exceed guest expectations and provide excellent customer service. It is always encouraging to know that our colleagues are adhering to the Jumeirah Hallmarks of hospitality

I hope that we will be able to welcome you and your husband back to The Jumeirah Carlton Tower in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,