Jumeirah Carlton Tower
Cheshams(London)
The Levin(London)
  • Pool
  • Room Service
All reviewsrib roomsloane streetharvey nickscadogan placecadogan gardenslobby loungejunior suiteroom serviceafternoon teastar hotelfantastic hotelan upgradehyde parklovely roomenglish breakfastharrodschinoiserie
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2014

If you are a dedicated fitness person that likes quality room features (bedding, Nescafe coffee, amenities) then this is the place for you. Here are my top 4 things I liked about this hotel:

1.) Easy access to London because the Tube/taxies are widely available from here.
2.) Great fitness classes + great gym + Hyde Park for running ....all are so accessible you can keep up your fitness routine even being away from home.
3.) Very nicely appointed rooms - there is nothing better than a first rate bed/bedding + fresh Nescafe coffee/quality tea in the morning.
4.) If you don't feel like a full meal then there is a Waitrose (great quality UK grocery store) very close by so that you can grab a snack at any time.
For all these items, it ranked as a SUPERB hotel for our vacation, my husband's work. Yes it's expensive but welcome to London. EVERYTHING in the UK is a good 20% above NYC prices. This was a great hotel, great staff, great fitness facilities and wonderful location. The ONLY thing I didn't like but was not in the control of the hotel were the Lamborghinis and Ferraris that were over from the Middle East racing down Sloane Street at night. Otherwise.....everything was perfect, could not have been better for us.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
NicholasChalmers, Manager at Jumeirah Carlton Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being our guest and for sharing your thoughts of the Jumeirah Carlton Tower with us. We appreciate your feedback since the continuous improvement of our product and services are highly important to us.
We are delighted to read that you had a great time with us and not only reward the comfort and features of your room but also our dedication to enhance an attentive service culture. We always adhere to the Jumeirah Hallmarks of hospitality to ensure our guests have a fantastic stay in our enviable location in the heart of Knightsbridge.
Furthermore, we are particularly pleased that you found the Peak to be a perfect environment to keep up your fitness routine even being away from home.
Your feedback is motivation to us to continue our efforts in the same direction, and I will gladly share your comment with our staff.
I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Jumeirah Carlton Tower in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Great location but a bit overpriced. The gym is great and the pool. I have to say its a bit of a busy hotel where there is no quiet moment or place to relax. I would recommend staying in it if you don't mind paying and especially if you are not so familiar with the city

Stayed: August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your experience here on Trip Advisor.
Although I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our Health Club and Spa – The Peak and the location in the heart of Knightsbridge, I was concerned to learn that you found the hotel overpriced. Please rest assured that our prices are in line with other five star properties in the area and reflect our service and high standards of the hotel.
I am very sorry that you found the hotel busy and with no place to relax. We have a the wonderful Rib Room and Chinoiserie Restaurants as well as the Club Room where you can enjoy delicious meals or just relax with a refreshing drink after a long day.
It was a pleasure having you staying with us and I hope we will havet he chance of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

London hotels aren't cheap so be prepared at the Carlton Tower, however the standard is very high. I have stayed here twice now and the beds are so comfortable you don't want to get out of them - lovely pillows as well. Very nice modern bathroom with large size Ren toiletries. It all feels very 5 star and luxurious
Nice gym and terrace to have a drink. I went for a swim one morning - great pool to do laps in and staff very helpful
Fantastic breakfast selection on a buffet and you can also order eggs benedict or English breakfast etc from an a la carte menu so it comes to you freshly made - much nicer than on hot plates. Loads of fresh fruit and delicious smoothies as well. Lovely Asian lady that runs the breakfast charmed my husband and also another nice member of staff I think his name was James, they have been on duty both times I have stayed there and make you very welcome

Would thoroughly recommend the Carlton Tower - also great location for shopping!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us here on Trip Advisor.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay, particularly your room, its facilities and comfort of the bed. It is our priority to make sure that our guests have a good night sleep and I am happy to read that you had such a positive experience.
I was also very happy to read that you enjoyed the Peak Health Club and Spa with its 20 meters long, stainless steel swimming pool and a breakfast at the Rib Room Restaurant.
We sincerely appreciate your kind remarks about your recent stay with us. It is truly rewarding to learn that thanks to the service extended by our colleagues your visits were highly enjoyable. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Upon arrival our room was not ready , we were quite disappointed as we had travelled from far . After speaking with the hotel manager , he was MOST accommodating and did his utmost to immediately provide us with a gorgeous room . This property is beautiful and in the best location with easy access to all of London . The excellent location , superb service , and wonderful room amenities makes this hotel the best to stay in London . The only disappointment is that we had to leave . A truly wonderful experience and highly recommended .

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lovetotravel91

Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Jumeirah Carlton Tower and I was extremely pleased to read that you found our service superb. We always strive to deliver excellent service, making sure that our guests are well looked after and have an enjoyable and wonderful time in London.
We are also very proud of our location in the heart of Knightsbridge, with an easy access to the main delights that London has to offer.
I am very happy that you are planning to stay with us again and recommend the Jumeirah Carlton Tower to your family and friends. We are all very much looking forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel whilst in London for a conference. Lovely room with beautiful view of the Gardens.

Positives:
- Luxury, well designed generous sized rooms with comfortable bed
- State of the art gym.
- Friendly and helpful staff. Very attentive.
- Complimentary water
- Nice bathroom amenities
- Lovely breakfast
- Access: Easy to get to from both Gatwick and Heathrow airports. Right near Knightsbridge tube.

Negatives:
- Room service was slow and all dishes were too salty to eat (Perhaps it was a busy night?)
- Bath was a bit small (we are not big people)

Overall a good experience. Would recommend if you are willing to pay for luxury and the quality of room service food improves.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
NicholasChalmers, Manager at Jumeirah Carlton Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here on Trip Advisor.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a good experience overall. It is lovely to know that you had time to try our facilities, we are particularly proud of The Peak Health Club, as well as the state of the art equipment, the views across the London skyline are quite spectacular.

We always strive to exceed expectations and deliver excellent customer service in line with the Jumeirah Hallmarks of hospitality to ensure our guests have a fantastic stay in our enviable location in the heart of Knightsbridge.

I am however disappointed to hear that your Room Service dishes were too salty for you, please rest assured that your comments have been passed along to our Food and Beverage Director and Room Service Manager to prevent this from happening in the future.

I am sorry to hear you found the bath a little small, space in London is limited so to make the best use of this some of the bathrooms are a little smaller so as not to take away too much from the bedroom area, hence there are also smaller baths. I would highly recommend our spa suites for a future visit which have a very large bathroom and an incredible free standing bath.

Kind regards,