“Marriott EXPERIENCE”

Ranked #382 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Aberdeenshire
“Marriott EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Stayed at Marriott with friends for long weekend and from the moment you meet reception staff, waiters and bar staff everybody made you welcome. We spoke to the door man and he was very helpful informing you how to get round London. The hotel is very clean in all areas and rooms were spotless . The staff are a credit to management so as they make you feel welcome and we appreciated how they went out of their way to help you witH any request, The hotel location is excellent only 4 minute walk to marble arch and shops starting from Oxford street. You can easily walk to Harrods in Kensington ( Harrods in half and hour through Hyde park. Marylebone station is a 15 minute walk so getting around to Wembley stadium is efficient just follow the crowds, when big events are on. Would we return to Marriott , definitely yes

Room Tip: great location fro travelling to Wembley
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank DANDYDON1_9
Lonma -, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Marble Arch, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your placing a comment on TripAdvisor for your recent stay at the Marriott Marble Arch. Your time and descriptive review is most prised by all.
The management and I were delighted to read your remarks about my hosts which I have shared and whom are equally happy to have afforded their help and service in all areas to you and friends. Similarly we are pleased on your remarks about the hotel being very clean and guest rooms spotless, this is of great help to us and I have acknowledged our housekeeping team on a job well done.
I am glad you found the hotel an excellent location for walking and commuting and trust you and friends enjoyed the event at Wembley.
We thank you again for a fabulous review and will be our utmost pleasure in welcoming you back to Marriott and the London Marriott Hotel Marble Arch.
I look forward for the opportunity to welcome you back.
Govert Deketh, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Paris, France
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This hotel is somehow of lower level than usual Marriott hotel,...Not bad, ..but a little old style, ...service is friendly but of lower levl than usual,...elevator, Corridors not as clean as I have been used to see in other Marriott

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Christian et C... M
Lonma -, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Marble Arch, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for staying with us at the Marriott Marble Arch and I appreciate you taking the time to write an honest review on your recent stay.
I was very dismayed and sorry to read your comments on both the low service and cleanliness of facilities you experienced and is certainly not the high standards I expect and we conform to. It would be great to hear from you to discuss your stay further therefore at a time convenient to you please do feel free to contact me. Your opinion counts!
Thank you again for your review and I very much look forward to hearing from you.
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stayed there last weekend and even if the hotel is quite old fashioned the service throughout the hotel was excellent. From the check in staff Friday evening to the breakfast staff both days it ended with excellent concierge service on Sunday helping us arranging pick up at two different locations.
The rooms are rather small like most of London but it is clean. The location is good, a couple of hundred meters walk to Oxford Street.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing the Marriott Hotel Marble Arch for your stay and equally your time to place a comment on TripAdvisor is most valuable to us.
I am glad the location of the hotel met with your travel needs and trust the weekend in London with your family was an enjoyable and memorable one.
The team and I are elated to read your comments on the service provided and are most honoured to have been of service and help to you. We are also happy to read you found the guest room clean. This makes the housekeeping team absolutely delighted.
Thank you again for your review and staying with us. I trust we will have the opportunity to welcome back to our hotel.
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Spent one night. Very good, attentive service from the staff, however, hotel is quite old and it shows. Room was nice and clean and bed was quite comfortable however it smelled of cigarrette smoke (colleague had same issue). Seems to be one of those old properties that used to allowed smoking and they haven't been able to fully get rid of the cigarrette smell. Breakfast at executive lounge was quite good.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the Marriott Marble Arch. Your time and honest opinion is appreciated and of great value to us.
I am delighted to read of the attentive service from the staff, the guest rooms nice and clean, plus bed comfortable. I am also very pleased you could make use of the Executive Lounge and you enjoyed the breakfast.
It is with disappointment to read the rooms you and your colleague occupied smelt of cigarette smoke, and I would really like to discuss this with you and obtain some information so I can further investigate. Perhaps on your next business trip to London or at a time convenient for you please do feel free to contact me. Your opinion counts! I look forward to hearing from you.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Having stayed at a number of hotels in London over the years I would say this was definitely one of the better ones. Rooms, lobbies and swimming pool/gym were clean; staff were very pleasant and helpful; good selection of TV entertainment. All of which you'd probably expect from a quality hotel. However it is not always the case - especially in London - so credit where it is due. Location-wise you do feel a little like you've walked into the middle-east as others have commented on. However, still not far to Hyde Park, Oxford Street and, for me and my family, about an 8 minute walk to the tube station. The outstanding, above average, thing for me though was breakfast. Great choice, very high quality, lots of it and great staff serving it. Well done.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing the London Marriott Marble Arch for your stay and taking the time to give us your feedback. We appreciate your comments and are glad to know you found the hotel accommodating and facilities clean.
Your comments have been shared with the team who are absolutely delighted and proud they could be of service to you in all areas of the hotel. Our Chef is also very grateful of your remarks made on breakfast and is happy you liked the choice and quality.
I hope you enjoyed London with your family and I am pleased you found the location of the hotel adequate to get around.
Thank you again for your invaluable feedback and I trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 October 2013

stayed at this hotel for six nights for business recently. we checked in early after an overnight transatlantic flight. pleasant room but small by u.s. standards. very helpful staff from the doorman to concierge to front desk to cleaning crew. on the main road near the hotel (edgeware road?) there is a plethora of middle eastern restaurants and hookah bars. we ate at two of them and had delicious food. i enjoyed walking along the busy street and seeing all of the (mostly men) smoking and visiting with each other. if you get off of edgeware road, it is NOT a middle eastern area per se. near the hotel are several very good restaurants and pubs. hyde park is a five or ten minute walk as is the subway stop at marble arch. we walked to kensington palace, parliament, camden and primrose hill on various days. be forewarned that the hotel is one of a few marriott properties around marble arch. it's best to refer to it as the marriott on George Street if you are telling a cab driver your destination.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Lonma -, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Marble Arch, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for staying with us at the Marriott Marble Arch whilst on business, and I equally thank you for taking the time to write an invaluable detailed review sharing your experience with us.
I am pleased you were afforded an early check in after an overnight flight and although you found the guest room compared to US standards small, the room was pleasant. It delights me to read that my hosts throughout all departments were very helpful.
It is great you were able to see and enjoy the full surrounding vicinity of the hotel and experienced a variety of restaurants and pubs,
We are glad you had time for leisure whilst here on business. Sight-seeing in London by foot to many places is lovely and we trust you enjoyed the views and caught some of the fine weather we still had in London.
Thank you again and trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the London Marriott Hotel Marble Arch.
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Pros:

- Reasonable rate for London
- Small but comfortable room
- Staff accomodated our early check-in and gave us free internet access
- Has a coffee shop and supermarket nearby

Cons:

- 10 minute walk to tube station (central line)
- Neighborhood is very ethnic (lots of hookah smokers)

Summary: I would stay here again, but I would also try to find a place that is closer to a tube stop.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank soupcxan
Dear Guest
Thank you for staying at the Marriott Marble Arch recently and placing a review about your stay on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your time and honest opinion.
I am pleased to hear you found the hotel reasonable in rate for London and the guest room comfortable. It was nice to read the team were able to accommodate an early check-in for you with the added benefit of internet access.
There is an alternative route to get to the Marble Arch tube station and I am sorry if you were not aware of this and therefore able to enjoy other aspects when walking to various places in the vicinity.
I am delighted to hear you would stay with us again and would be a great pleasure to welcome you back. Should you stay with us again, and not already aware, be sure to speak with our Concierge who can assist in the best way to get around.
Thank you again for sharing your view, and I trust I may have the opportunity to welcome you back the Marriott Hotel Marble Arch.