“Marble Arch Stay”

Ranked #381 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Rochester, New York
“Marble Arch Stay”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I have just returned from a 4 night stay at the Marriott Marble Arch for work and was very pleased with the accommodations and the over-all service. I arrived early Saturday morning and was able to check into my room early which as anyone knows after a transatlantic flight is a wonderful thing. My trip included a weekend of personal travel and then 3 days of work. I cannot begin to thank Alcino at the concierge desk for all of his help. He was always very willing to take the extra time to explain to me how to get to the numerous places I needed to be at. Including trains from Euston Station, Paddington Station, managing the Tube system and cabs to and from other work appointments. Great Service!

The hotel is a quick walk to the Marble Arch Tube Station so easy to get around to other areas of the city. I was also able to catch the London Sightseeing Tour right from the Marble Arch so I could see all of the sights in one day. As far as the area, I was travelling alone and felt safe maneuvering around. No different than any other major city.

I had a King room which was more than sufficient and although I would agree that the bathrooms are small it is no different than other European hotels I have been to. I also had dinner at the Hotel and have to say it was a wonderful meal and I would highly recommend it to anyone who stays at the hotel.

Everyone was very courteous and helpful and made for an enjoyable stay !

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank clove91947

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I have been a Platinum member with Marriott for some time now and I have been a regular visitor at the London Marriott at Marble Arch for a few years

I recently stayed here last month for a few days and I must admit that the service levels were fairly ordinarry, starting with the quality of the rooms!

I had requuested for a late check out and I was promptly informed that the check out was at 12 sharp and despite my request to make it only upto 1230 i was told i had to vacate immediately!
upon check out i was charged 349 pounds a night as opposed to the 299 that was my original booked rate and post what seemed an eternal discussion amongst management i was done the favor of being charged the original agreed nightly rate!

all in all if you are going to spend upwards of 300 pounds a night to be in this vibrant city i would suggest exploring your options as this property is not was it used to be and in my humble opinion is workable at best and at this nightly rate not quite sure that is what your looking for...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Syedarehman
Lonma -, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Marble Arch, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Guest
Firstly thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and the Marriott Marble Arch.
I am very grateful for your time in placing a review on TripAdvisor about your most recent stay at the hotel.
Your feedback is beneficial as will enable me to review the quality of our product as well as our process and service to our guest’s.
As a regular visitor to the hotel, it would be great to discuss this matter further. Please do feel free to contact me at your convenience, or if better suited on your next visit to the hotel. Your opinion counts! I look forward to the chance to either hear from you or meet with you on your next visit.
Almere, The Netherlands
Reviewed 7 November 2013

A good hotel close to Hyde Park and Oxford Street. I stayed in an Executive Room, which was nice - just a good, clean, decent room with everything you'd need and expect. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was also good.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Niicole16
Dear Guest
I am glad you had the opportunity to visit the Marriott Marble Arch and I thank you for writing about your stay.
Your comments are appreciated and we are delighted to know overall the facilities and product were good, met with your expectations, and staff hospitable.
We trust you had a great time in London and we will be able to welcome you back to the London Marriott Hotel Marble Arch.
Jordan
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Stayed at Marriott Marble Arch for 3 nights end of Oct upon my travel agent' recommendation for the location since it was my first time in city and i was there for sightseeing and do some shopping so the location near Oxford, Pond, Regent streets ..etc was really good IF and only IF you use George St.- Cumberland /portman St. to reach Marble Arch or Oxford St., one night we had dinner in a very nice pizzeria there, food was really good
a small tip, AVOID EDGWARE ROAD
Liked the room, big enough, clean, modern furniture, comfortable beds but the bathroom was too small. staff were really nice, breakfast was okay but limited maybe need to look at and do some changes, check-in/check-out was easy and quick.
all in all, it was good but i'm not sure if ill be back

1 Thank Gumus
Dear Guest
I am glad you had the opportunity to visit London and trust you enjoyed your first time experience with your family.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor on your stay with us, I appreciate your direct feedback which is invaluable.
It is great to hear about your comments on the hotel’s facilities and staff, and I am grateful for your pointer on our breakfast offering which can only benefit us to enhance our product.
I am pleased you stayed with us, and trust we will have the chance to welcome you back to the London Marriott Hotel Marble Arch.
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Having spent a great half-term mini-break three years ago at the Marriott Marble arch (which is just off the Edgeware road), we returned.

Some notes:
+ We like the location. Although in less than thirty minutes you can walk through Hyde Park to the Science Museum or along the Mall to Buckingham Palace, the hotel feels like in its an exotic (although colder) slice of the Middle East, with a range of great restaurants.
+ The staff are pleasant and efficient.

However, a few negatives too:
+ Hotel is feeling a tad worn in parts
+ The swimming pool is smallish and feels gloomy
+ Although 3 years ago I was able to use my Gold Marriott card for the 4 of us to have a continental breakfast in the lounge - now I had to pay for my children (an extra £22.50 a day)
+ We paid extra for a family room for the four is us - whilst 3 years ago we had two small double beds and a rollaway - this time the rollaway wasn't allowed for "health and safety" rules. (Its a pity we weren't told in advance when we requested the rollaway that it would have been denied).

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the upper floors (we heard from another guest at check-in that lower rooms...
1 Thank happyemailer
Dear Guest
Thank you for revisiting the Marriott Marble Arch and placing an honest and most informative review on TripAdvisor.
I have taken heed of your comment as a Gold Marriott Reward Member. Policies do vary and change. At Marriott Marble Arch the card holder is the beneficiary to breakfast allowing one additional guest.
Thank you for highlighting the rollaway bed, I appreciate the information relayed as will be very useful to ensure consistency throughout all methods of making a booking at the hotel. However I would be delighted to hear from you to obtain further details on your booking. Please do feel free to contact me at your convenience.
Overall I am glad you liked the location of the hotel and met with hospitable staff, enjoyed the walks through London, and experienced some great restaurants.
Thank you once again, and trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the London Marriott Hotel Marble. Equally I look forward to hearing from you.
Richmond, Indiana
Reviewed 4 November 2013

From Jacqueline J Stayed at the Marriott Marble Arch, during our visit to London. The hotel was very clean, and the staff were excellent. One young man named Aiden, who worked the breakfast bar every morning was just wonderful, he made our trip so enjoyable. He was very informative about all the sites we wanted to see, and even gave us a coupon for one of them.All of the employees were very courteous and helpful, and this helped make our trip to Londonmost enjoyable.

4 Thank Jacqueline J
Lonma -, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Marble Arch, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing the Marriott Marble Arch for your family stay and equally I am most grateful for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us.
Your comments on the cleanliness of the hotel and my hosts’ excellence, in bestowing a courteous and helpful service in making your trip to London gratifying are invaluable to the team, and it gives me great satisfaction in applauding my hosts for a job well done. I will also ensure to recognise Aiden in particular for going above and beyond in making your stay and trip enjoyable.
Again, your review was a pleasure to read and I am appreciative. We hope you and family will have many fond memories of London and your stay to come.
We also trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the London Marriott Hotel Marble Arch.
Aberdeenshire
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Stayed at Marriott with friends for long weekend and from the moment you meet reception staff, waiters and bar staff everybody made you welcome. We spoke to the door man and he was very helpful informing you how to get round London. The hotel is very clean in all areas and rooms were spotless . The staff are a credit to management so as they make you feel welcome and we appreciated how they went out of their way to help you witH any request, The hotel location is excellent only 4 minute walk to marble arch and shops starting from Oxford street. You can easily walk to Harrods in Kensington ( Harrods in half and hour through Hyde park. Marylebone station is a 15 minute walk so getting around to Wembley stadium is efficient just follow the crowds, when big events are on. Would we return to Marriott , definitely yes

Room Tip: great location fro travelling to Wembley
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank DANDYDON1_9
Dear Guest
Thank you for your placing a comment on TripAdvisor for your recent stay at the Marriott Marble Arch. Your time and descriptive review is most prised by all.
The management and I were delighted to read your remarks about my hosts which I have shared and whom are equally happy to have afforded their help and service in all areas to you and friends. Similarly we are pleased on your remarks about the hotel being very clean and guest rooms spotless, this is of great help to us and I have acknowledged our housekeeping team on a job well done.
I am glad you found the hotel an excellent location for walking and commuting and trust you and friends enjoyed the event at Wembley.
We thank you again for a fabulous review and will be our utmost pleasure in welcoming you back to Marriott and the London Marriott Hotel Marble Arch.
I look forward for the opportunity to welcome you back.