“Unpleasant Stay”

London Marriott Hotel Marble Arch
Ranked #395 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed here for six nights. I have only 2 good things to say about this hotel. When we arrived at 9 am after an overnight flight they had a room ready for us! The young man and young lady working Tues- Sat in the lounge were both very friendly and went out of their way to make sure everyone was satisfied. Hotel is below Marriott standards, our bedding was never changed, the housekeeper came in on Fri & said she had to rush boss told her it was time to go, not her fault but service was poor. Hotel is in an odd location, after a day we were tired of the area. Staff was not helpful always felt like it bothered them to answer questions. We spent two night in Paris at a Marriott the service and standards were like night and day. Avoid this hotel, we used points for our stay, I would not waste money on this hotel.

5  Thank Tonda S
Lonma -, Director of Operations at London Marriott Hotel Marble Arch, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Guest
I am very appreciative of you posting a view about your stay at the Marriott Marble Arch which I take very seriously and whilst happy to hear of some good aspects of your stay, I am disheartened for our failures within housekeeping and please accept my sincere apology, this is unacceptable. I am also dismayed to hear of the lack of interest from our staff when needing assistance and certainly not what I expect from my team. Your feedback will be shared and acted upon.
I take a personal interest in what our guests have to say and would be a pleasure to also speak with you first-hand about your experience and invite you to call me to discuss your views further. I trust I will have the opportunity to speak with you.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

At the risk of sounding politically incorrect, this hotel was quite nice but in a largely Arab/Muslim neighborhood. I traveled with my two college age daughters and did not appreciate the stares from men sitting outside at hookah bars or cafes. We would quickly walk the two or three blocks to the actually Marble Arch to catch our "hop on hop off" tour bus.

Basic Marriott room, nice beds and good service. Enjoyed the executive lounge.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed here while my partner was on business in London. The staff was very friendly, especially the team members at the front desk. I arrived with a very bad headache after my seat broke on the flight over. They did a very nice job getting us a room as quickly as possible, I think within two hours of arrival. Thank you all very much! Overall, the hotel is just lacking the typical niceness of a Marriott. The rooms were generally okay, clean but not 'super clean' and the lobby/bar area was lacking. The location is only 'okay' and the hotel had a unique and constant smell, not necessarily bad but not good either. The elevators were slow and antiquated. The lounge was pitiful and probably the worse part of the hotel. While not something we much frequented after the first day, they do need to do something about this. The room was quiet and there was not much noise penetration, which we both appreciated. Overall, this is an average hotel, for an average price in London. So, we got what we paid for. We will likely not go back to it, but never say never.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Lonma -, Director of Operations at London Marriott Hotel Marble Arch, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for posting a review and sharing your feedback and I am sincerely grateful for the positive comments.
I am very sorry however to hear of your ordeal on the plane and apologise for clearly what was not a satisfactory accommodating experience at the hotel. Your observations are highly appreciated which will help the team and I look at the areas mentioned to improve our product.
I trust we will have an opportune to welcome you back and if I can be of help with a future stay please do feel free to contact me personally.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is not up to the quality of the Marriot chain, poor service badly ran housekeeping poor quality rooms and the worst executive lounge I have come across just avoid this one until Marriott sort this out, came back after work to find cleaner still in my room after 17:30 terrible the selection of food and drink in the lounge is poor although the staff were lovely not their fault just the hotel cutting costs

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank brian s
Lonma -, Director of Operations at London Marriott Hotel Marble Arch, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Guest
Firstly I am very sorry to hear of your experience at the London Marriott Hotel Marble Arch and our failure to meet with your expectations.
I also thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. Your feedback is most appreciated as can only help to look at our product and service in depth.
It would be really useful to learn first-hand about your experience to ensure we put things right. I would be more than happy to speak with you so please feel free to contact me at a time convenient for you and ask for me in person. Your views are important. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights with husband daughter. Room had 2 very comfy double beds- very typical Marriott standard - you know what you get will be decent.

Excellent location - 5 min walk from self ridges on Oxford street. Taxi to west end 15.00 - taxi to kings Cross 11.00.
Had dinner 1 night in bar - excellent standard for all of our meals. Must mention the fantastic service from the lady who served us - she's a credit to the hotel - Would definitely stay on next visit

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed here for my moms 80th and my 45th birthday! This place is in the heart of the shopping district on Oxford. The staff was incredibly helpful! The rooms are very nice. Some construction was going on but there was no noise issues. We had a bag missing from the airport and the staff was patient with our continous calls to locate our bag. We found out that the food was terrific in the hotel too! Would definitely stay here again. The one and only issue was some random charges we found out about once we arrived home.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This hotel is very well maintained, very good service, great fitness room/pool/spa but a bit of an odd location. The room was average in size for London (i.e., not large), very little storage, small closet. The furnishings were very nice, the room was quiet and comfortable. The hotel is located in a side street off Edgeware which was a bit hard to find and not particularly close to Marble Arch--about a 10 minute walk. Oddly, there's a Marriott hotel that is right next to Marble Arch, but that is not this hotel. Lots of restaurants, bars and shopping within walking distance. The area closest to the hotel is lined with middle eastern restaurants, lots of sidewalk hookah bars, etc. I didn't find the immediate area appealing or as convenient as hotels located closer to Hyde Park, but it was also significantly less expensive.

2  Thank BWMSD