Hilton London Metropole
US$144
US$117
Orbitz.com
5,365 results
All reviewswest wingedgware roadthe executive loungehuge hotelpaddington stationbusy hotelheathrow expressmarble archfamily roomhyde parklondon eye
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Stayed here at the beginning and conclusion of a Globus tour. Our room on the 24th was fine except it smelt of stale cigarettes. It was small but suited our needs for the night. No wait at breakfast the next morning although we were there quite early. No waiting at reception for check in or checkout . We stayed for 2 nights at the conclusion of our tour and the room was much bigger and better. At breakfast the dining room was packed so the dining room on the 3rd floor was utilised so no problem there. We were able to use express checkout so no waiting. All in all a very good hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013
Marketingteam, Manager at Hilton London Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Greg196,
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel after your recent stay with us. We appreciate your positive feedback and recognition of our services. We hope you enjoyed London and hope to welcome you back again soon!
Regards,
Margaret Heneghan

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Reception tried to be efficient -but failed. Gave me a room key for room on ninth floor.
The door would not open. Back down to reception - re-registered the key.
Back up to ninth floor. Door opened - to a mess and someone else's cases and belongings.
Back down to reception - now gave me a key to a nearby room. It worked!
Went into a very small room with no view - but with bath and shower.
Next morning - only luke warm water not warm enough for a bath, shower or shave.
No instructions in room how to get to both dining rooms. Arrived for breakfast (9.30 a.m. to find a long queue - (We had been warned by our bus driver).
Long wait for bacon. Sorry sir we have no white bread left. My fried egg was unbelievable. I could pick it up like a frisbee (but not eat it).
All told a very disappointing experience - more like a day in a refugee camp.
Would only stay here again as part of a party of friends.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank WorksopTarbaby

Dear Worksop Tarbaby,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is unfortunate to hear you had such an experience at check-in. We do our due diligence to ensure our guests have a smooth journey from start to finish but there are the cases when we have a hiccup with our technology or facilities. It is good that these issues are voiced so as we can better attend to the issue at hand. Again, your feedback is much appreciated and I have relayed your concerns to the appropriate departments.
Kind Regards,
Margaret Heneghan

Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

This is my 3rd stay here. The check in was not very smooth, the lady didn't find my booking but when I told her that it was made on last minute she moved to another computer and found it. So the check in took five minutes than usual.

Anyways I couldn't sleep as I am not used to the pillows in the hotel. There were four of them, they could have a variety. They were very soft and there was no option to change them.

I asked for a wake up call which never occurred. However at about 8,30 someone opened my door but because I locked it they couldn't get far and went downstairs. 20 minutes later I got a call from reception . they asked me when I checkedin and who I was. Apparently someone didn't see that I was in the room and decided to check in another client in my room while I was still sleeping.

Anyways I went down to breakfast which i paid for with my room. However I was told this is wrong by the lady in the restaurant. At this point I did not care signed the paper that says I will pay for this later . I was offered a coffee but it was the coldest coffee I ever drank and was not good. The food in breakfast was alright a bit too little for 18 pounds.

Anyways on checkout I told them what happened and the person on checkout said his system says that I have to pay for breakfast . I explained my story and showed him my email which says that I have breakfast included. He went back for a few mins and said I was correct said he is sorry for the confusion and told me I am free to go. Anyways not happy with this.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed here for two nights back in October. The room itself was a bit of a disappointment. The first clue was that you couldn't open the door to a 90 degree angle (not what I expect from a Hilton) The room was so tiny that you couldn't swing a cat. No where to place your suitcase (had to be kept upright) The bathroom did not have proper ventilation, so when you got out of the shower, it was a similar experience that you might have when you have spent too long in a steam room. In this day and age, I also don't like to have to pay for internet.

The good thing about this place was the proximity to Paddington Station. After taking the Heathrow Express into Central London, the hotel was located a short walk (maybe 8-10 mins). There is also many buses that go down Edgeware Road, as well as the tube station located right across the street.

The other good thing was the breakfast buffet. Tons of choice, well-staffed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 December 2013

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCLAIMER: All my reviews would be written based on a perspective of a vegetarian, non-smoker, non-alcoholic, price-conscious, Indian customer. All my ratings and feedback would be heavily dependent on the variables stated above. Viewers are expected to consider my comments accordingly before making their travel decisions.

I visited London as a part of a business conference and had the opportunity to stay at Hotel Hilton London Metropole for a period of 8 nights.

Overall, the property is good, with a large and a beautiful reception. The location is in the heart of the city. All essential necessities are available in the vicinity of the hotel itself. The staff was cheerful and courteous through-out my stay. Rest of the review is as follows:

Transportation: Hilton Metropole is quite far from the London (Heathrow) airport. It would cost one around GBP 70.00 to reach the hotel by the taxi. The better (cheaper) alternative is to take a tube (aka Metro). The hotel is a stones-throw distance from Edgware Road metro station. One would have to change the metro line once in order to reach from Airport to the hotel.

Rooms: I stayed in the old wing of the hotel. The rooms were cozy but small in size. All basic amenities were present in the room and worked reasonably well. I was charged approximately GBP 200.00 per night per room (breakfast & taxes included) during my stay. I suppose that it would be unfair for one to expect palatial rooms in central London especially at that price points; hence I moderated my expectations for space.

Bathrooms: The bathroom was the sore point in the room. It was very small & cramped. The quality of the toiletries, however, was very good!

Food: You wouldn't need to worry about food when you stay at Hilton Metropole. The hotel has a few good restaurants (expensive though) but the real treat lies just outside in the surrounding area. One could get opportunity to eat just about any cuisine - English (Fish & Chips), Mexican, Chinese, Indian, Lebanese, etc. at one of the many restaurants that are located in the nearly area which is easily accessible by foot. A typical meal for one at these joints would cost you around GBP 15. Breakfast at hotel costs around GBP 20 but it is certainly amongst the best buffets I have experienced. Most of the single dishes on the room service menu would range between GBP 10 - GBP 25.

Other good things about the hotel:

- Location is simply awesome! Being right next to a metro (tube) station gives you immense flexibility to go to any location in London easily.
- Supermarket (TESCO) is right next door! So if you want to pick up anything to eat, drink or read, you could do it from here!
- Food (if you can afford) is good!

Other not-so-good things about the hotel:

- The rooms 'feel' old and require renovation.
- Bathrooms are cramped for space and strictly not for tall people. If you are 6 ft+, you'll have a tough time getting under shower.
- Beds seem hobbit sized if you are tall (again, 6ft+).

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank xadityax

Dear xadityax,
Thank you for your thorough review of our hotel! You hit it right on the head when discussing our location- I am glad you appreciated our proximity to the tube as well as acknowledging what the surrounding area has to offer. Thank you for also noting our newly refurbished lobby reception area. It truly is a remarkable transformation. Your comments regarding room size are understandable as some are smaller than others, but noting that the essentials were not only present, but quality is much appreciated and we are happy you were pleased during that extensive stay. Please come see us again soon.
Kind regards