“it's very OK”

Hilton London Metropole
Ranked #589 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 February 2014

It's close to Paddington, has all the facilities you might need, rooms are small, but that's London, and service is very efficient and nice. All that for a very convenient price: I would definitely go back.

1  Thank apalmero
There are newer reviews for Hilton London Metropole

February 2014 half term
Queen superior room - west wing Rm No.1372 (13th floor)
Slept 2 adults & 2 children (2 queen size beds)

HOTEL
Much larger than expected but nevertheless staff were very friendly and very efficient. It felt very personal for such a large hotel accommodating many nationalities.
Swimming pool was great at the end of a tiring day of sight seeing/work. It was very clean, fresh towels available, warm - a great asset to the hotel.
Sports TV bar/restaurant area with large screen - great for business staying customers etc.
Very nice bars, afternoon/eve drinks lounge areas to the hotel too for couples/families to enjoy drinks before bed or theatre.

LOCATION
Great position for tube. EGDWARE ROAD tube station has 2 entrances across the rd from the hotel for all main lines - Euston train station and sight seeing within London central. Edgware Rd is the end/start of the circle line tube so the trains were empty too.
If arriving at Euston Train station, get tube to edgware rd and you will see the hotel when you get out of the station.
Tubes - we got a 24hr hop on/off pass for £21.40 (2 adults 2 kids - kids under 11 free)
Small M&S opposite too for sandwich/room snack purchases.

ROOM
Basic but very clean, daily maid/clean towels etc
queen superior had 2 queen size beds which is excellent compared to usual uncomfortable sofa bed for kids in many hotels.
We forgot toothpaste & they sent dental packs up very quickly for free (press 0)
Standard incl tea/coffee facilities, hair dryer, iron/board, room service, toiletries.
We were on 13th floor & traffic noise was heard from main road but we were so tired we slept anyway and I guess we were in the capital!

FOOD
Breakfast was excellent - free for children (under 12yrs) - adults pay £10 each at check-in (if not pre-booked). Excellent quality of food on offer.
Evening meal (breakfast restaurant) - very good value for money & good service.

ROOM SERVICE - very quick & great value if you have tired hungry children!

CHECK IN & OUT
We were able to check in early as they found a room available - very friendly & efficient.
We were able to leave our bags with the 'luggage room' upon check out & return later that evening to collect for free.

VALUE
We got an on-line price then telephoned hilton hotels & got a further discount of £50 and were told to purchase breakfast vouchers upon check-in & this was cheaper.

OVERVIEW
Great for a standard quality base for central London stay (business or family) but we would choose somewhere a little more upmarket for a couple's romantic stay.
We had a very pleasant stay and would be happy to stay again as a family - Clean, friendly, efficient & good value for money.

1  Thank PalmTreeDreaming
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This has to be one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The staff were very friendly, professional and helpful. The hotel has several great restaurants and bars (although a little over priced), but this to be expected in London. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone who is wanting to stay in the Paddington area of London, and I will definitely be back. The only criticism I have is that I found the beds/pillows too soft, which caused me to wake up with a bit of a stiff neck.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I booked this room via lastminute.com as a secret hotel. Upon arrival we received a room upgrade as the trip was for my husbands birthday we were offered a choice of a larger room or better view, (great to be offered a choice, we chose a better view). A nice room very clean, lovely view too. We were also offered breakfast at a discounted rate. The reason for my review is the follow up customer service. We left a book in the room, so I email to them when we got home. The following day I received a reply stating that they had the book, we were given the option of collecting within 3 months or having it posted to us. We asked for it to be posted. 3 days later I received an email apologising that their franking machine was broken so there would be a delay in them posting it out to us. We received the book 12 days after our stay. Excellent customer service from Lina in housekeeping. Thank you.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a stay here and the hotel was spot on for our needs. It was extremely convenient for the tube and local amenities nearby.
The staff on the front desk were polite and helpful - we arrived around midday and were told that the room was not ready but the lady on check in did all our paper work so that we could simply call back for the key later on. We were able to leave our bags securely in the baggage room which suited us well.
The room was lovely, a family room in the newly refurbed West wing. We had 2 double beds and a sofa bed and having stayed in other hotels before I thought the size was very generous. We had an amazing view over London which was an added bonus.
Overall a very pleasant stay in lovely surroundings.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here a few times when on London in business. I only stay at this hotel when I get a good deal on the price. It really isn't worth much. The rooms are ok, but nothing special and on the whole the staff are unfriendly and unhelpful.

Not my first choice for London.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This is my second stay here so I know it is a big busy hotel in a super handy location but I do not find it impersonal as all the staff I encountered were helpful and friendly, particularly in the dining room. Both stays have been in the west wing and the room and cleanliness were superb. The only gripe I have with the rooms is the very poor lighting both in the room and bathroom. Very badly thought out and almost impossible to see to apply make up or make tea in the wardrobe cubby hole. Minor detail and no fault of the staff but the planners.
Considering the amount of clients the breakfast room does incredibly well (we were there half term) and anyone who finds fault with the food on offer must have nothing else better to moan about. Evening meal was good too. How the staff stay so pleasant and helpful with some of the moaning I was hearing them take I do not know. Good on them I say keep it up because some of us appreciate your hard work.

Room Tip: West wing room
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends