Hilton London Metropole
US$262
US$191
Priceline
5,375 results
All reviewswest wingedgware roadthe executive loungehuge hotelpaddington stationbusy hotelheathrow expressmarble archfamily roomhyde parklondon eye
Reviewed 11 March 2014

On arrival i was allocated a smoking room, when i requested a non smoking room i was told the hotel was fully occupied and offered a free breakfast as "compensation" and an apology. The room was smelt disgusting and that was complemented by a dreadfully uncomfortable bed.... what a joyful experience...NOT!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank Graham M
Reviewed 11 March 2014

so my partner booked this hotel for my surprise birthday trip, and needless to say I was not dissapointed! the staff were all extremely welcoming & friendly, the room was beautiful and of a very good size. Short walk to the tube station so extremely easy to reach all the attractions & shopping etc. Will definitely stay here when next visiting London.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Marketingteam, Manager at Hilton London Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear GlamourGirlxo,

We are very happy to have been a part of making your birthday trip a good one! Hilton London Metropole looks forward to welcoming you in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 March 2014

My partner booked this as a secret hotel through lastminute.com, we stayed March 8th. We paid £87 for a standard but king-sized bed/room, I understand the rates are a lot higher if booking in the normal way.

After reading all the bad reviews I was ready for an argument about changing rooms so decided to call the night before our stay. A lovely lady called Elisabeth explained the features of each room type and told me to ask for her personally when checking in.

Lastminute described the hotel as being 10 minutes away from Oxford Street, that may be true if you are a quick walker and there are no central London crowds in your way. Edgware road is busy and definitely doesn't have a central London feel to it. The reception is large and very lovely looking, there are several staff members on desk to assist with check in and this is probably sensible- there are over a thousand rooms and the hotel felt busy.

We asked to see the standard King room before checking in properly and a polite concierge assisted us. The room was fine (room no. 1220), 12th floor with a reasonable view looking north-east over London I imagine. It did smell of 'old room', perhaps dirty carpet or stale cigarettes I'm not sure, but it definitely wasn't the horror I was expecting. The room was smallish but comfy looking, on closer inspection everything looked a bit worn but ok for the price we paid. Attention to detail is certainly not paid in these rooms so don't book if you're after luxury or super-cleanliness. There was some mould in the grouting in the bathroom, a shocking amount of dust in the bathroom vent and surfaces on most of the furniture was a bit tired or peeling or scratched. Perhaps I'm nit-picking- it wasn't unbearable and we were happy to stay for one night! But it was the standard you'd expect from a 2* B&B, not a Hilton hotel.

The bed was absolutely massive and fairly comfy. Bathroom was small and we wouldn't have felt comfortable having a bath due to the slightly unhygienic feel so opted for a shower instead.

I had read reviews on tripadvisor not to use the mini-bar, as moving the items in the fridge will have you automatically charged for them, and at an expensive rate! We put our own drinks in the top of the fridge, away from the hotel's stock, but were disappointed to find the next morning that this area of the fridge is not cold.

Breakfast was included in the cost of the night! Which is great for the price we paid. When we asked for the breakfast area we were told that if it was busy, we could go to the third floor and dine there. We didn't make it that far but still queued for couple of minutes. The menu in our room had an English breakfast priced at nearly £20 so if I hadn't read all the reviews, i might have been expecting something pretty special. It wasn't it was just your normal hot and cold buffet you'd find in any large hotel. There was a very big selection of items though, and we filled ourselves up quite easily.

Checking out was fine and quick. All of the staff we had contact with were very friendly, if slightly serious, hut who knows- maybe that's what regular Hilton goers expect during their stays??

Room Tip: This is from research on this website done prior to staying: standard rooms are King-size and are in both East wing and the Tower, both in need of modernising and cleaning! Superior Queens (and other, better rooms) are located in the West wing- book this if you want a more 'Hilton' feel as they look nice, clean, modern and spacious. This wing has been refurbished in the last few years. The higher the floor the better if you have a room with a view, plus you won't hear the traffic from super-busy Edgeware road and adjoining highways.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LNG85
Reviewed 10 March 2014

The Hilton London Metropole has capacity for about 10,000 guests (IIRC), so it's pretty big. You may well be in a completely different wing of the hotel to (say) where your conference is: that's not a massive problem, but it gives you an idea of the scale.

I was attending a company conference at the hotel: good venue, lots of space for keynotes, and above average food for a conference.

I liked the swimming pool: reasonable depth (1.6 to 1.9 metres), not over-chlorinated, and a reasonable length. It's heated to quite a high temperature, so if you're swimming lengths this may be a little too warm, but that's a pretty minor detail.

Rooms were fine, standard Hilton fare. Location is very central, close to Edgware Road and Baker Street: plenty of restaurants around as alternatives to the hotel's own.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This hotel is situated in a convenient London location and has a nice bar and restaurant areas. The reception staff were perfectly friendly and the conference facilities and food were good. However, given that my stay cost over £200 for one night, there were many niggles with the room which mean I will not look forward to staying again.

Firstly, and most annoyingly, the shower went cold very quickly. The bedding had stains on it. The TV had bad reception (yes, in this day and age). There was no plug socket by the bed (in fact, they went out of their way to prevent you from using the alarm clock socket). And I was very disappointed to find that there was no free water in the room - and the mini bar water cost £4.

One would not expect the first three issues from this sort of hotel, and I would have complained had I been staying longer than one night. And the socket location and lack of water just annoyed me.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business