DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Marble Arch
US$217
US$188
galahotels.com
1,662 results
All reviewsoxford streetdouble treegreat locationhyde parkrooms are smallcentral locationstreet noisebusiness tripexcellent hotelthe air conditioningtube stationsingle roomwest endconciergeselfridges
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was a test stay for me to see if it would be suitable for business travelers in my company. I would describe it as a "fine" stay. The WiFi just didn't work in the rooms, so if you're traveling for business, this is not the place to go. The inside of the the hotel, from lobby to corridors to the rooms, seemed dark, even with all the lights on, it seemed very dimly lit. The best part of the stay is the bathroom. 5 stars for that, brand new and laid out well. My room faced Portman Street and I had a slight view of Portman Square. The street noise kept me awake all through the night, even with ear plugs. I had to turn the TV on to drown the street noise (I've stayed at a hotel the next corner down facing the same street and not had a problem with street noise at night). I paid for a rate that included the first night's dinner and breakfast both mornings. I had an issue with the restaurant reconciling this, eventually they got it right, but it was a little bothersome to have to worry about. Upon check out, there was an issue settling my bill and the clerk charged my card twice, then voided one. It turned out fine on my statement, but delayed my departure to the airport. All in all it's fine, but it would not be my first choice upon staying in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
aristel7, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Marble Arch, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Guest,

That's a real shame that we didn't quite live up to your expectations, please accept my sincerest apologies..

You are quite right to point out that small niggles when you are traveling are an inconvenienced.

The FO Manager and her team are looking into this matter now so thank you so much for bringing this matter to our attention.

I would be delighted to discuss your colleagues requirements in more detail to understand your needs better.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

This property is clean and modern and made for a very comfortable four day stay. The rooms are a bit compact - to be expected for London - but stylishly decorated, and the bathroom is newly updated and spotless. The breakfast was standard, even if the service was a bit slow. I had one dinner at Indigo and the food was really good.

This hotel's best asset is its location, just a block off of Oxford street and some of its best shopping. Its really easily accessible for public transportation and there are plenty of places to eat in the area. I'd certainly stay here again!

Room Tip: I had a room on the top floor and it appeared to have less street noise. A colleague had a basement room (on the restaurant level) and recommended avoiding those.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your views we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
A big thank you from us all and we look forward to welcoming you again to the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

The staff were attentive and the hotel was very clean and well kept. As a lone female traveller I didn't like being given a room that was so close to the main lobby, I felt quite exposed in room G04, literally the first room you come to from the entrance. I'm normally not bothered by noise at night, but even turning off my own air-con system, it was like trying to sleep on an aircraft - very noisy part of the hotel, filled with a constant drone. Usually the flash of a smoke detector in a hotel room is ignorable - but in such a tiny room it was inescapable, especially with a large mirror on one wall. It was impossible to use the full length mirror on the wardrobe door - the door kept wanting to close itself - this would have been nice as I was getting ready to go to a black tie event.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Room's okay but breakfast is truly horrible in a dining room which stinks of paint and distemper with a polythene floor. I suspect it would be closed on food hygiene ground but the food itself is horrible congealed and unappetizing and even the tea is cold.

If you decide to stay here discount the value of the breakfast from the inclusive price, and avoid the Bryanston room like the plague!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 May 2014

A very nice, comfortable Hotel. A very pleasant way to start our night out in London! Staff were friendly, courteous and extremely helpful. The decor was very nice in most areas, sort of chic understated elegance. The hotel in general and the room were very clean and tidy. Check-in was swift and was a pleasant experience, The check-in staff member greeted my wife with birthday wishes, which was a nice touch. Their famous cookies were warm and very tasty! The bed was very comfortable, the room was quiet and we slept very well. The air conditioning, when on, was capable and quiet. We had booked a double room and it was the perfect size for a couple for one or two nights, any longer, or more than one suitcase would be difficult. We were given an in-room surprise as the hotel knew we were celebrating my wife's birthday and it was lovely: some 'Happy Birthday' sparkly sprinkles on the bed and the writing desk. These were accompanied by mint chocolates, a fruit platter and a nice bottle of Pinot Noir. Breakfast was tasty with a good selection for the buffet, continental (pastries, cheeses, cold meats etc.), cereals, juices, good hot selection (bacon, sausages - both pork and halal chicken, beans , scrambled eggs....). The hotel were happy to keep our luggage all day as requested, allowing us the freedom to wander London unencumbered.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Wow that's a great review, thank you so much! we are so pleased that we where able to make your stay so much better. it really was our pleasure!
Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.