“Short stay”

Club Quarters Hotel, Gracechurch
Ranked #349 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the CQ for 1 night only.

The hotel is well located if you are in London for business. Close to the tube and walking distance to
Liverpool street.

Staff at the reception was professional. Please note they ask to swipe your card when checking in.

The foyer was large and impressive.Comfortable chairs, access to the wi-fi and free drinks/snacks were a
great thing too.

Our room was small but clean.The door to the bathroom looked like the one on the plane though:) Towels lost their white fresh look but all in all you cannot complain. Hairdryer, shampoo set, kettle with tea selection were provided.
There was even an alarm clock on your side table.

The only thing we didn't see was a safe,which we find very important.

If you need to iron a shirt there is an ironing board on your floor.(no such service,especially late in the evening)

Food - the hotel is close to all different restaurants and coffee shops. They also have a Gaucho restaurant on their lower floor.
We only tried a simple breakfast at this restaurants (eggs on toast) and I must admit it was one of the worst breakfasts we had since a long time. The toast was super chewy,almost old...and my eggs weren't cooked properly. Plus we were not offered a choice of bread (I.e. brown or white).

Value for money- if you're are looking at London prices then it was ok, if you are coming from abroad then I would say it is definitely not the cheapest one.

• Stayed: July 2014
There are newer reviews for Club Quarters Hotel, Gracechurch

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This hotel is clean but the room we had was tiny and not in a charming way. We did have a base room so that probably accounts for size but I just wasn't impressed. The staff was friendly and everything was clean.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2014

If there's one thing that really hacks me off, it is when hotels ask, no demand, to swipe my credit card upon check-in "for any extras". The booking has been made by my employer and the hotels have written authority to charge the cost of room and breakfast back to company. When staying recently at Club Quarters, they swiped my card for £20 and assured me that they would only charge me for any extras upon check-out. Having used no extras, imagine my shock therefore when checking my credit card statement a few weeks later to discover that they had charged the entire cost of the room to my card. Upon what authority? Okay, they refunded the money in a few days but this shouldn't have happened. I was not best pleased and it further reinforced my reluctance to let hotels swipe my private card for business stays.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Stonehengus
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Very nice, clean hotel perfect for the City. Good size room, excellent shower, quiet - and the windows open! Only gripe was being charged a ridiculous amount of postage to return a left item, which the hotel had to pay for as they didn't read the instructions. But, all in all, very good value and I really liked the snacks and drinks laid out by the foyer.

Excellent but very expensive steak restaurant downstairs.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Location was extremely central, about 2mins from London Bridge, 8mins from Borough Market. Reception staff were great, I had the pleasure of meeting Brian and Beata, both were awesome.

Brian met me with all smiles in the morning and gave me a quick + early checkin, all these were priceless as I was tired from a bad accomodation experience the previous night. Beata on the other hand, remembered my parents' requests for drink packs to send to our room despite her going off-shift soon.

Room clean, sound proof, free WIFI, cable TV available, desk available, microwave and fridge given!

Extras provided by hotel: free coffee machine in lobby, free gym(AWESOME), free water dispenser on every floor, room service(fees needed), even grocery shopping(fees needed). This list is not exhaustive by the way, still more that I cant remember.

Just to mention, all was great, but there's this middle-aged man who came in to add a bed for my room and he seemed that he cannot give a damn to his job and he just flunked the pillows and sheets on the bed randomly, not even aligning the pillows and sheets weren't even tucked in. He did this all in front of us by the way. Later that day, I was in the gym at 2015hrs on 28th JUNE and I believe it was him who came in to do the rounds to check the gym and he couldn't even be bothered to reply to my friendly "hello". That was just irritating, with a black sheep spoiling the rest of the awesome hotel experience.

Due to this one badmannered staff, I give 4 stars. but this is a GREAT HOTEL. stay here!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Nice location near to London Bridge, at Bank station. After moving here from an 5 star hotel, where we were living on 9 sq.meters it was amazing to have a huge room, with double bed.
Staff was friendly and helpful.
Beata&Gabor,Hungary

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Hello there,
Pluses: + great location (close to 2 tube stations), it is situated in the 1st zone of the tube
+ right in the City, nice buildings around
+ friendly staff
+ clean rooms and bathrooms
+ own bathroom
+ free bottled water for drinking / free coffee
+ the staff let us to leave our luggage before check in time
+ great price for a 4 stars hotel
+ walking distance to St Paul; Thames
+ high speed free Wi Fi
Minus:
- No view outside the window

Wish you a great time in London!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family