“first class,first choice for london”
Review of The Tower

The Tower
Ranked #261 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 3 August 2011

first class hotel,staff eager to help and allways with a smile.food good, ideal location some of the cleanest and best presented rooms i have been to in london

Room Tip: stayed on 11th floor suite,large rooms and very clean and well presented.views from room fantastic,t...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
IanFletcher, General Manager at The Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2011

Dear Reviewer,

Many thanks for your kind comments. I love your photo of the bridge rising to let the boat through; it’s a really great picture. We’re hoping to launch a photography competition later this year so if you’d like to enter do check out our website and social media sites for more info.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2011

I stayed at the Tower last week with work. I have been here a few times in the past and I always get the same impression. The location is fantastic, I work in the city so it is just a five minute walk to the Tower. There is St Katharine's dock next door with The Dickens Inn pub and a few restaurants. Then just over the bridge there is Butlers Warf with a great range of food and drink (I like the Cantina then a drink in All Bar One).
Anyway, I digress. The hotel has a really nice foyer and the staff are very pleasant which always makes you feel positive, however when you get to your room it is always a disappointment. They are not large (the bathroom in the room I stayed in last week was very small and a bit dingy. There is nothing dreadful about the rooms they are just slightly less than you would expect for the price. On the up side I did have a fantastic view of Tower Bridge which was great.
If you stay here you will benefit from the location and the friendly staff but I seriously doubt the room will blow you away.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer
I’m really pleased the Tower Team always make you feel positive when you come to stay. I regret that you have had any feeling of disappointment and hope that we can work on this for your future stays, as we are continuously updating our offering.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2011

great hotel, great location,great views, Gd 4 star hotel right on the thames and next door to tower bridge.eroom are very big most have great views,cant fault it at all

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
IanFletcher, General Manager at The Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2011

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks so much for your posting. Really great to hear you had such a great stay and enjoyed the views.

Hope to be able to welcome you back very soon

Reviewed 31 July 2011

We travelled from Sheffield for a 2 night stay at The Tower Hotel and really enjoyed it.
The hotel is extremely well placed with fantastic views over Tower Bridge or St Katherine's Dock. The rooms were clean and comfortable although the building is in need of redecoration. Breakfast was very busy but with 3 restaurants we didn't have long to wait.
In the evenings we enjoyed walking round St Katherine's Dock and finding an excellent variety of bars and restaurants.
Hotel staff extremely pleasant and professional.
We will certainly return as we thought it was very good value for money

Room Tip: The best rooms are on the higher floors with views over the river or St Katherine's Dock
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank JimandFiona

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks so much for your post,

Really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. St Katherine’s Docks is such a vibrant and exciting area with so much going on, it’s great to know that you enjoyed walking around it and experiencing all it has to offer.

Great to hear you’ll be returning, hope this will be sometime soon

Reviewed 31 July 2011

Perfect location if you are visiting London, however, if you are a business traveller, the hotel is old, wifi is terrible and expensive and the phone system is terrible. It is really a touristic hotel not a business hotel.

2  Thank Fair123

Dear Reviewer,

I really regret that as a business traveller we didn’t meet your expectations. I’m so sorry to hear that the phone and Wi-Fi service were not up to the usual standards during your stay and I will ensure that this is looked in to by a BT Openzone engineer.

I really do hope that you will consider the Tower next time you’re in London on business.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

I have stayed here before. That time it was a very late night arrival and an early morning departure, but what sticks in my mind from that visit was the view of Tower Bridge lit up and the fantastic view of it from the bar and my room.
This time around I had a bit more time to enjoy the hotel- but not much. The views were just as fantastic as this hotel is on the river side and right next to Tower Bridge. My room was clean, comfortable and quiet. This one looked out over St Katharine's Dock.
I also ate in at the Brasserie, which offers a reasonable choice of food whichis of good quality, and reasonably priced as hotels go. I did think that the bar was expensive, but then this is a hotel in central London.
The location could not be better fo rthe Tower of London, and if you want to go into the West End, then there is a tube station nearby, and I am sure there will be buses and taxis galore above ground too. I would stay here again without hesitation, but there are other hotels that I prefer for location- but not many.

Room Tip: Excellent for Tower of London

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks so much for your review,

I’m glad that as a returning guest you were able to experience the fantastic views over the Docks this time around. We’re lucky to have a licensed taxi rank outside the hotel so guests can easily access the West End or use the many buses that stop on the Bridge.

It’s always a pleasure to read such positive feedback and I really look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

I stayed here for a couple of days in April this year. The best thing about this hotel is its location, gorgeous views of the Tower Bridge and St Katherine's dock. If you're in town to do business in the city, this is just perfect. A little far from Canary wharf though.

The room's good value for money perfect for short business trips. The staff was courteous, though the wifi charges were a little steep.

Also, there are loads of restaurants in the vicinity of the hotel to unwind after a day's work. all in all, I'd come back here the next time I'm in London !

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business

Thanks for your posting,

I’m delighted to read you had such a great stay with us in April. As a business traveller I’m really pleased you found the hotel suited your needs so well and it’s great to hear you’ll be returning next time you’re in London.

Hope to welcome you back soon.