Unique location right next to Tower Bridge and the Tower of London providing world class vistas.
- location right on the river next to a number of world class sights
- very good breakfast buffet (but long lines on weekends)
However there are a lot of "Cons":
- once you move inside this is a large, inefficient, tired, soul-less monolith
- the room are cramped and outdated - in need of a major upgrade
- very poor windows - most don't open and those that do only open a small crack - visible signs of rot are frequent. Clearly maintenance has not been a priority for many years.
- for London, it was a bit of a walk to the closest Tube station - however the walk is right past the Tower of London so pleasant at all hours.
- gym was totally inadequate
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tower Hotel is nestled between the River Thames, St Katharine Docks and alongside the World Heritage Site, the Tower of London, boasting unparalleled views of the iconic Tower Bridge. Our location and excellent choice of transport connections put you at the centre of this vibrant city, making it quick, convenient and most importantly, easy to experience the very best of what London has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Tower Hotel London
- The Tower London
- Hotel Thistle
- London The Tower