The Tower
V Hotel(London)
Excellent 5/5
    Good 3.5/5
      7,485 results
      All reviewsst katherine's dockbridge viewxi barguoman towertower hill tube stationexecutive roomfantastic locationbit datedlarge hotelan upgradethe club loungetheatre breaklovely roomstayed here for one nightfull englishtea and coffeecooked breakfast
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed 27 January 2014

The hotel itself is clean and in a fantastic location with a view of either London bridge or St Katherines dock. However, we had paid specifically for a double room yet when we arrived, we were told there was a mix up and was given a twin room instead. We were not happy with this and were simply told that none were left and had to pay an extra £50 to upgrade to an executive - even though this was their fault.
      When we reluctantly arrived to the room, the maid was still cleaning meaning we had to wait a further 15 minutes in the hallway for it to be ready.
      As a 4* hotel in London you would expect their customer services and organisational skills to be a better standard than this.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
      GMTower, General Manager at The Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear reviewer, Thanks for your post. I'm really sorry to hear of your disappointment and please be assured that I most definitely do care about all my guest feedback. I have noted your comments to address with the team and looking into the matters you have raised urgently and looking at ways to improve our service. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for sharing this with us.
      Kind regards, Billy

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Oh my god im still angry about the way my stay was handled , check in "room not ready unless you pay £20" got room key 2 hours later as punishment for not paying £20, room dated very strange mini bar and room so hot with no way of turning it down, If you have a chice stay somewhere else..oh Billy the manager will reply to this about the "refurb blah blah blah " but give this one a miss AWFULL

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stayed at the Tower hotel with friends in an executive twin room, which was excellent, so clean and lot's of room. restraunt staff can't do enough for you and nothing is too much trouble, food was superb, try the lobster ravioli it is to die for. The girls in the executive lounge were so helpfull, and made us feel so comfortable. will definatly be staying here again.

Room Tip: go for an executive room, great views of tower bridge and addition of free drinks etc in executive lounge.
      • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
      1  Thank cockatoo
      Reviewed 24 January 2014

I stayed overnight as I was attending an evening event at the hotel. We had a reduced rate of £150 from the norm of over £200 - I wouldn't pay even £100 to stay here.

On arrival the staff couldn't even find my booking even though they had confirmed via phone and email.

Room was like walking into 1970s. Couldn't get through to reception twice nor housekeeping or room service immediately.

Website states "Complimentary mini bar" - arrived to find no mini bar at all.

Needed 2nd key card for my guest - no one could arrange over phone when it was eventually answered & after 10 minutes hanging on & I had to go back down to reception.

Noise level of crashing glass from 4th floor room (assume some kind of recycling at ground level) was very loud and never ending while I was trying to relax in afternoon (at least an hour).

5 terrestrial & 3 news TV channels on a primitive television is appalling in today's digital age.

Bathroom was not spotless. One bath towel was stained with make up. No robes or slippers is bad form for a 4* 'luxury hotel' as they claim.

I needed change of £10 note to 2 x £5 to tip staff - was made to hang around at reception for an age only to be told they couldn't even do that!

Service: mediocre | Rooms: primitive | Value for money: poor | Food: mediocre | Attention to detail: lacking

The only saving grace was Demi from Customer Relations who contacted me before my stay and was perfectly charming.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer,

please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced in respect to your recent stay at the Tower Hotel. At the Tower Hotel we take pride in ensuring our customers satisfaction, unfortunately on this occasion we did not meet your expectations and do apologise for this.

I am sorry the right and correct level of service was not provided to you whilst staying with us, I would like to assure you I am looking into the matters you have mentioned in your review.

We deeply value your comments and hope to see you again at The Tower to change your opinion of The Tower Hotel. Please contact me on feedback.tower@guoman.co.uk if i can assist any further.

Many Thanks

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I booked the Tower Hotel for a one night stay after seeing a show in London in May 2013 for my boyfriend's birthday. I left the booking really late so feel that the £100 price I paid for a nice hotel in London was good value for money. I read plenty of reviews that this hotel is "too small" however our room was the perfect size, with everything we needed! The location of the hotel was great as it was slightly out of the way, but still in walking distance of a tube station. We had a lovely double bed, with a good sized TV and a great shower, perfect for a one night stay.
      The room service was great, we were running late so couldn't go out for dinner, so ordered room service. Our food was brought up in about 15/20 minutes, wasn't too expensive and was nice.

We were told we could check in after 2pm, however turning up at 4pm we were told that we would have to wait for our room to be ready. We reluctantly agreed without kicking up a fuss, but then were told that another room was ready so we could have that one - which was very nice and helpful!

The only downside I would say, is that the windows in our room were absolutely FILTHY. I could barely see out of them for the brown smudges. Other than that, it was a very clean room.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple