“Great Hotel”
Review of The Tower

The Tower
Ranked #268 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Never let's you down. Great location on the Thames right by Tower Bridge. Great service, excellent rooms with awesome views of Bridge. St Katherine's Dock behind Hotel has many restaurants bars and coffee shops.

Room Tip: Ask for a Bridge view
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Lovely weekend stay in a superior room with view of Tower Bridge. Wonderful breakfast and very attentive service from all staff. Excellent location with nice cafés and restaurant near by in St Katherine's dock.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of tower bridge.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Rooms are a bit on the small side for an executive room which we had - however a very nice hotel, breakfast was good and reception and staff very friendly. Good location with lots to do nearby

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

We came here because we were working nearby and we had to travel by car. The hotel is outside the congestion charging zone and it has car parking - and it is very very good. Try to find a deal because it is expensive without it!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I have been visiting this hotel since 1988, its such a great place.

Its now old and needs millions spent on it, but its still such a great place.

Its only recently that I have been able to stay at this hotel, I'm now a contractor to the chain that owns this, and many other hotels.

I get to see the inside of the place in its entirety.

The views from all rooms is fabulous, over looking Tower Bridge, St Katherine's Dock or to the Thames, always takes my breath away.

I do love London, its the best city in the world in my opinion.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stopped here last year and had a terrible experience, was promised an upgrade when I came back. Arrived Monday night at 7.30pm after a long day, explained about upgrade and to my surprise they knew nothing about it. To be fair after about ten minutes of explaining, the receptionist agreed to the upgrade. I was then asked for payment for my three night stay which was a surprise as it was all pre-booked and paid by my employer. After getting logged onto the wifi and showing evidence of the e-mail I finally got my room key. I am so pleased I got an upgrade because I hate to think what the standard rooms are like. To say the rooms are very dated and in need of a refit is an understatement. Where do I start the curtains was ripped, there was an hole in the chair in the room, paint is flaking off in several places , the carpet is well worn, the bathroom soap holders in the bath are falling off, rust all round the bathroom fittings and I could not get the shower to turn on so had to resort to the bath all 3 nights. Breakfast is ok. Be ware drinks in the bar are very expensive £6.70 for a Malibu and coke and then I resorted back to my bedroom as all the good tables overlooking the Thames and London bridge were reserved. Defiantly not a four start hotel :(

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Nicola H
GMTower, General Manager at The Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Hi Reviewer,

I would like to invite you to discuss this matter further. Please contact me on feedback.tower@guoman.co.uk

Thanks
Billy

Reviewed 29 January 2014

This is not an attractive hotel from the outside and in the 1980's was well known as 'the place' for city gents to bring their secretaries for an hour or two in the afternoon. It was then known as the Tower Thistle. Given the reputation I booked here with a degree of reluctance but it was fantastic!

My exec room was awesome, the free mini bar and toiletries a treat and the lounge superb. The bathroom (and its delicious heated floor) was a dream. The bed and linens were superb.

I didn't have dinner but some dim sum in the bar overlooking Tower Bridge.

My only criticism would be that visitors to London might like to meet some staff from London! I didn't meet one locally born staff member. It's hard to know if this is discrimination or just lack of suitable job applicants but I would strongly recommend that hotel tries harder with recruitment in order to improve and localise guest experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business