“London at its best!”

Ranked #261 of 1,063 Hotels in London
London
“London at its best!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This is undoutably one of the best London hotels in terms of "Value for money". If you are looking for a comfortable room, good food and excellent location, the Tower is definitely one to keep in your address book. Although some rooms could benefit from a bit of TLC, the overall experience is one of comfort and high-standard hospitality. Special mention for its friendly, attentive staff, they do go out of their way to offer you a really pleasant stay. If in London for the first time, do not miss one of the best photo opportunities with Tower Bridge literally on your doorstep.

Room Tip: You can upgrade to "Tower Bridge view" still the rooms at the book offer a very pleasant v...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,846)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Loerrach
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel to attend a conference but would not stay there again. The location is fabulous but the hotel has seen better days and nearly everything is falling apart (my bed was new though and very comfortable). What I found most annoying was the poor service, from waiters at breakfast to the frontdesk staff. There were usually 2-3 young people huddled over one computer but they appeared like trainees and were not able to figure out how to solve my problems. And they can't have been that unusual: I had a reservation for 2 nights which needed to be extended by one night because of an airline strike. On the third day, my room key did not let me in and it took me 3 trips to the frontdesk until that was solved. Then there was some confusion about whether or not breakfast was included on the third day. Lots of helplessness and photocopying but no resolution. Settling the bill took far too long as now there were 2 separate invoices. This is something I might accept in a holiday destination in a tropical country but not in a 4 star hotel in London.

1 Thank Binessa
Thanks for your post
I am sorry to read that we let you down during your stay. Simple requests such as extending a booking and preparing an invoice are a fundamental part of our day to day so I can understand how frustrated you must have felt that these were not resolved more efficiently. I appreciate you highlighting these issues to us which I have shared with the Front Office team. I do hope you will consider us again.
Southend on Sea
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Good hotel. Is dated from the outside but our room was lovely inside with lovely view of Tower Bridge and Shard. Very clean and staff efficient and friendly. Will certainly return on our next visit to London. No complaints at all.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Location is fabulous - next to the Tower Bridge. I had a very posiitve stay at this hotel. Staff were caring and I experienced excellent service. Food was very good and I appreciated the small cafeteria in the foyer where one could get quick takeaway snacks as needed. Room was very comfy - ask for one with a view over the Marina, just wonderful.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view over Marina
1 Thank Sandy851
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Although it looks a little disappointing from the outside, it is a reasonably well appointed hotel and has pleasant rooms by London hotel standards, although there is no doubt that some of the room could do with some tender loving care.

The food provided by the restaurants in the hotel was excellent and the staff very helpful. All in all a very pleasant stay and reasonably good hotel, especially if you are visiting London for tourism.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thanks for your post
I am very pleased to read you had such a pleasant stay. I’m delighted that your meal in the restaurant was excellent and the team were so helpful. We are lucky to have such a unique location with Tower Bridge and The Tower of London on our doorstep.
We hope you’ll visit us at the Tower Hotel again soon.
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I have mixed feelings about the hotel. If I wanted high quality room I wouldn't come here again. Good breakfast, great view and central location are on the other hand things that were very positive about this hotel. However, in the end it's the room that counts the most. My room was shabby, overall there were quite old furniture and an oldish wibe. Renovation would be needed in order to bring the rooms into this decade.

Location was good and central. Tube station is a short walk away. View was great (I had an upgrade with the Tower Bridge view) and it was worth 20£. Service was friendly and breakfast buffet had all the food and drinks you can dream of.

All in all, I think this hotel wasn't up for the money spent. I was here on business and in a conference but I'd never pay 270£ per night by myself. Way too expensive considering the value.

1 Thank JaaMa
Thanks for your post
I am happy to read you enjoyed our location, breakfast and excellent views.
Thanks for your comments about your room; starting next year, the hotel will undergo a major refurbishment which will include all rooms and public areas. I would be happy to keep you updated on our improvements so do keep in touch with us via our social media channels for updates.
Lancashire, England
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Great location over looking Tower Bridge and right next to the Tower of London. Room was very modern in decor but would have been a little snug if I wasn't travelling alone! Disappointing view from my room as on a side but i didn't pay for a particular view so couldn't have expected more.
Breakfast had a good choice and reception staff were very helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business