“Dinner at The Brasserie at The Guoman Tower Hotel - 9th April 2014”
Review of The Tower

The Tower
Ranked #275 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I had dinner last night at this hotel. Having sat outside with some wine admiring the beautiful view of Tower Bridge 8 of us had dinner. This was a business dinner. We had a very warm reception from alll the staff and were really looked after throughout the meal. I requested a table by the window which looked out onto Tower Bridge. Our main waiter was Jivko and I would like to extend my thanks to him for looking after us so well. The food was fabulous and good value for money. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and will be going there again. A big thank you also to the rest of the staff.

1  Thank Sandra S
GMTower, General Manager at The Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for your post.
It’s great to read you were so well looked after by the team and in particular by Zhivko during your dinner at the Brasserie at the Tower Hotel; I have shared your kind words with him. As the evenings warm up, the terrace is the perfect setting for lunch or drinks overlooking Tower Bridge.
Thanks for recommending us. We’re looking forward to your next visit.
Kind regards,
Billy

There are newer reviews for The Tower

Reviewed 7 April 2014

First impression was that we had made a mistake booking this hotel as it looks dated from the outside. After entering the building our bad impression stopped there.
We had booked an executive room so were told in advance that on arrival to go up to level 5 to check in at the executive lounge, which was the best check in we have ever experienced. We were told that all drinks and snacks in the lounge were complementary. This made the upgrade extremely good value for money. Special mention is required here to Ferial and the other girl (sorry can't remember her name) in the lounge, who were very helpful and are a credit to this hotel, who helped made our stay a memerable one. This lounge was very comfortable and quiet, and a lovely place to relax away from the hustle and bustle of London.
The hotel is located in an excellent position, with great views of Tower Bridge and the Shard.
Breakfast was good with everything you could possibly want. The sausages and bacon were of a very good quality.
We ate out on our first night but had an evening meal in the hotels restaurant on our second evening. This was also very good quality and reasonably priced for London.
Will definately use this hotel the next time we stop in London.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David W
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This is the second time I have stayed here, the first being a family occasion and I was alone. This time my wife and I stayed for her birthday.
I have to say that despite this being a huge carbuncle on the north side of the Thames the hotel is great it is AA rated 5 stars and mostly it deserves it. We stayed in the executive rooms I recommend this as you get free car parking (£20 per 24 hours) free mini bar free use of the executive lounge where all drinks and nibbles are available all day until 10 pm and most importantly continental breakfast is served every morning between 7 and 10 am, this includes bacon and scrabbled egg. The other perk of an executive room is that you get a view either of the river (like we did including the bridge) or St Katherine’s dock, other view deals are available.
Service is very good and staff are very helpful, but here comes the slight niggle. When we attempted to get cold water from the bathroom it just got hotter and hotter, we called reception they asked us to run some more when I said that we had I must say that a maintenance operative was there in minutes, he ran all of the taps in the bathroom to the cold setting and it came right, however he told us that this was due to under occupancy of the Hotel, and that we would have to do that again. I’m afraid we did have to do this repeatedly throughout our stay
If it wasn’t for that I would have given this hotel top marks. Very very nice despite being an ugly duckling to look at, what’s most important is what you look at and if you get a view it is worth it.
Just one more little gripe: The rooms are too warm, but they are in most hotels

Room Tip: Go for executive rooms or higher if you can afford it
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BartsBoy1960
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This is undoutably one of the best London hotels in terms of "Value for money". If you are looking for a comfortable room, good food and excellent location, the Tower is definitely one to keep in your address book. Although some rooms could benefit from a bit of TLC, the overall experience is one of comfort and high-standard hospitality. Special mention for its friendly, attentive staff, they do go out of their way to offer you a really pleasant stay. If in London for the first time, do not miss one of the best photo opportunities with Tower Bridge literally on your doorstep.

Room Tip: You can upgrade to "Tower Bridge view" still the rooms at the book offer a very pleasant v...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel to attend a conference but would not stay there again. The location is fabulous but the hotel has seen better days and nearly everything is falling apart (my bed was new though and very comfortable). What I found most annoying was the poor service, from waiters at breakfast to the frontdesk staff. There were usually 2-3 young people huddled over one computer but they appeared like trainees and were not able to figure out how to solve my problems. And they can't have been that unusual: I had a reservation for 2 nights which needed to be extended by one night because of an airline strike. On the third day, my room key did not let me in and it took me 3 trips to the frontdesk until that was solved. Then there was some confusion about whether or not breakfast was included on the third day. Lots of helplessness and photocopying but no resolution. Settling the bill took far too long as now there were 2 separate invoices. This is something I might accept in a holiday destination in a tropical country but not in a 4 star hotel in London.

1  Thank Binessa
GMTower, General Manager at The Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for your post
I am sorry to read that we let you down during your stay. Simple requests such as extending a booking and preparing an invoice are a fundamental part of our day to day so I can understand how frustrated you must have felt that these were not resolved more efficiently. I appreciate you highlighting these issues to us which I have shared with the Front Office team. I do hope you will consider us again.
Kind regards,
Billy

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Good hotel. Is dated from the outside but our room was lovely inside with lovely view of Tower Bridge and Shard. Very clean and staff efficient and friendly. Will certainly return on our next visit to London. No complaints at all.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Location is fabulous - next to the Tower Bridge. I had a very posiitve stay at this hotel. Staff were caring and I experienced excellent service. Food was very good and I appreciated the small cafeteria in the foyer where one could get quick takeaway snacks as needed. Room was very comfy - ask for one with a view over the Marina, just wonderful.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view over Marina
1  Thank Sandy851