“Guoman Hotel Tower Hill”
Review of The Tower

The Tower
Ranked #257 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Wonderful hotel, we have used this for events and also for 'big birthdays' and never been disappointed. Views are amazing, staff are always helpful and friendly and genuinely seem happy to be working there. My mother has held several school reunions there over the last 10 years, on my recommendation, and the feedback from the 30 women in attendance has always been great. I recommend this hotel if you want somewhere that is central, has great views and helpful staff. Guoman hotels are generally a little more expensive than some but they do go that extra mile to ensure your stay, meal or event runs smoothly.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 270sallyr270
Write a ReviewReviews (7,098)

Reviewed 6 May 2014

My husband and I came to stay at this charming Hotel as we were celebrating my 50th Birthday and what a great idea it was. We were greeted very kindly and efficiently by the Doorman and then Reception. On realising we were too early to check in, the concierge were on hand to look after our baggage until we could check in. This gave us plenty of time to go exploring around the lovely Katherine's Dock and subsequently the very near London Bridge.
Having checked in later I was amazed by the fantastic view we had of the London Bridge.
Breath-taking especially at night .WOW!!!
I would particularly at this stage like to thank the General Manager, Mr Billy Hughes for the lovely card and chocolates that was left for me. A lovely touch I thought. Our room was very clean and breakfast was lovely, piping hot and plentiful .My only comment would be that, yes, it may be dated slightly and a tad tired in places but Hey! Who Cares? I thoroughly enjoyed myself so thank you to all at the Tower who made my weekend memorable .Keep doing what your doing I say!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the Tower view .You will not be disappointed.
1  Thank Monkey B
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed for 4 days at The Tower. It is very well located with an amazing view to the Tower.
The website pictures of the rooms and the rest represent exactly what you will see and get.
I´ve stayed very well impressed with the sympathy of the staff.
Also the cleaning and the good smell all over the hotel was notice.
It is an experience that I will repeat.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I arrived quite early and was able to check in.
Very friendly at reception. Spacious room with a lovely view of Tower Bridge. For an hotel of this standing, the toiletries was basic and bathroom oldish... not tooth brush, shaving kit, etc.
The room was quite cold and the air conditioning was not set up as eating mode so I had the request for an additional eating device.

Breakfast was included in my rate... But even I had a great welcome the food quality and diversity was really disappointing

I had in the afternoon a glass of rose wine on the terrace of the brasserie and a sparkling young lady (Annie Hu) took good care of me and introduced to me all the site seen and attritions around...

Very handy location to the Tower of London.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a great location hotel do not look any further Do not forget to order a drin...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My husband booked our one night stay as the 'romance' package. Which included a tower bridge view, bottle of champagne and option of breakfast in bed. Hotel looks like a very outdated office block from the outside, however reception was huge and modern. Reception was busy, staff very friendly and asked if there was a special celebration for our trip. As it was my husband birthdate the day we arrived and my birthday the next day we told her this - there is always the hope of an upgrade or special attention given to room allocation after all! & we would not have a problem with giving proof that we were telling the truth. Room 361 was a disappointment as it was as outdated, ugly and tired as the exterior of the building and all ideas of the promised romantic ambiance was destroyed. I have been known to negotiate a better room in the past however, on this occasion nothing could have improved upon the view. WOW. We did not close the curtains. Would have been nice to have had info in the room about tower bridge. Bed and sleep quality excellent. Bathroom & products poor. Ate in the restaurant which was very expensive for a very disappointing meal. Cannot recommend eating here. As there was no order form for breakfast in the room and as the room itself was depressing we ate breakfast in the restaurant. Breakfast was adequate although there was some waiting for the hot food to be refilled. Checking out was quick and staff again very pleasant. Would I recommend this hotel? Probably, if only for its location.

Room Tip: Ask how long ago room was refurbished!!
1  Thank jfcuk
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Second visit to this hotel, and given its location it's not too expensive. The room was small- but as we were out all day we didn't need anything bigger, and the view of the bridge was stunning. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean, it was quiet and comfortable. The breakfast buffet had an excellent selection. Great hotel, great location, would certainly suggest staying.

Room Tip: 346 for a great view!
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed here for one night, over the May Bank Holiday weekend.

The hotel was great. The room was compact (small) but was very clean and tidy. We stayed in room 346 - It had a fantastic view onto the Thames and over to Tower Bridge. We just sat on the bed drinking Prosecco and admiring the view and watching the boats going up and down the river.

The breakfast is excellent and caters for all.

Its location could not be better and if you are after an open top bus tour, they all stop a few metres away from the hotel. I would also recommend having a walk around St Katerine's dock and soaking up the atmosphere in the bars and restaurants that overlook the lovely boats and yachts

There was parking available (£20 per 24 hrs).

I would highly recommend and will stay there again.

Room Tip: 346 over looks the Thames.