“Great place to stay in London”
Review of The Tower

The Tower
Ranked #267 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My h2b and I stayed here when we visited London last year. The hotel was very clean, nicely decorated and maintained. Staff were brilliant and everyone we encountered gave excellent customer service. Prices at the bar were reasonable for London standards and the quality of drinks was very good. Our room was clean and comfortable, we had a view of the dock and although this wasn't a view of the Tower this was still very pretty. The bed was large and comfy and the shower was a pleasant surprise, very big with a powerful water supply. Breakfast was lovely, there was a vast amount of choice and everything was tasty and high quality - you weren't rushed by staff either which was very appreciated.The location and view of Tower bridge is amazing, well worth the money you pay for the hotel - infact the whole experience was worth it. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed in The Tower for a week during my business trip to London - I was lucky to get a Tower view room. Great experience. The proximity of the hotel is brilliant as there were a lot of tourist places near by. The food in the hotel was just okay. But there are much better places to eat around the hotel. The rooms were little small but was okay for a business trip. Overall - Good experience.

Room Tip: Go for a room which has a side view of the Tower bridge.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2014

It was £180 room only for a midweek stay - I think that's a lot of money!

It's well located for Tower Bridge and some of the City.

Perfectly functional - I just think it's very expensive for what it is. And that you can get nicer hotels nearby for the same money.

Room was tired looking. I tried everything, but could not get the heated towel rail to work.

The mirror in the bathroom had a magnifying section to it. It was completely useless as the mirror misted up and took ages to demist, and the sink protrudes significantly - so it's impossible to lean in far enough to actually look into the magnified area! Impractical for if you want to apply make up.

I seemed to walk for miles to get to my room.

All personal grouses - just not a hotel I particularly warmed to. Particularly not at £180.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
GMTower, General Manager at The Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback.
I would personally like to look into the issues raised and would like to invite you to contact me on feedback.tower@guoman.co.uk

Many Thanks

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I booked two rooms for 4 adults at this hotel, based on the reviews I read. The food was excellent. The staff were brilliant. Our overall experience was disappointing. Our rooms were not ready for us when we arrived. One room was very much smaller than the other. Compared with other hotels, especially in France, the rooms were not well-equipped, and rather tired. Our final let-down came when a cleaner came to both rooms at 8a.m.and even entered one without knocking to say that she'd been told we'd booked-out and had come to clean. We were all still in bed! Overall, I've decided I will not return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to review The Tower Hotel.

I am sorry that you experienced difficulty with your recent stay. If you could kindly contact us with further details on the room you stayed in, we can investigate this in further detail and look into why you were disturbed by our housekeeping. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Starting in 2015, the Tower will undergo a major refurbishment which will transform all bedrooms including the public areas. Within this programme, the windows are also scheduled to be replaced. The culmination of these works will see the Tower Hotel re-launched.

I’d like to apologise that we let you down during your stay and would like to reassure you that a robust programme of refurbishment is in place. I would be happy to update you on our progress during this time and I do hope that you will return to the Tower to see the improvements we are making.

For any further assistance, please feel welcome to contact me.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Over all my years of traveling I have never experience such inconsistency in service .
Me and partner stayed at this hotel for our wedding anniversary .

Check in -By a very young inexperienced young lady by the name of Manuella.Terrible in fact she was having a conversation with colleague in another language .No eye contact just standard check in .I did not feel it was personal enough considering it was for my anniversary .I had to ask about the lifts and breakfast time and was told very rudely "its in the restaurant behind me" unacceptable !!

Everything absolutely fab ...especially restaurant staff ..rooms not too bad .

Check out -fantastic by a very well spoken English lady who represents the Company very well.
She made my check out very pleasant .

overall sadly 2-3 star for me and i would never return .

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were offered an upgrade to a Tower view room, on check in and it really was worth it even though we didn't spend too much time in our room.
The room was spacious, clean with a great shower - everything you would expect from a 4* Hotel.
We had a few drinks in the bar and managed to sit at a table overlooking Tower Bridge which was beautiful.
A romantic setting well worth the money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I am a regular business visitor to London and have tried many hotels over the years. The Grange at Holborn was my previous choice however seems to have priced itself out of my market.
The Tower is in a great location - the Tower Bridge right in front of the hotel, the Tower of London just across the road, St Katherine docks adjacent to the hotel. Easy to get to and also pleasant and easy walking alongside the Thames.
Each time I have stayed I have managed to request and get a room to the rear or east side of the hotel that is 1. very quiet and 2. overlooking the dock. Rooms are spacious and so less typical of most in London. The beds and linen are really comfortable. The staff always polite and efficient on check-in and check-out never waiting for long.
The restaurant isn't cheap though the food is good however I would recommend eating round the dock - Mala Indian is excellent, whilst also have a wander down Wapping High Street, parallel to the Thames going east - Il Bordello is a great and popular Italian.

Room Tip: Request a room to the East or facing the dock (rear) as the rooms are quiet
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business