“What a great place to stay for a London break.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Tower

The Tower
Ranked #256 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Chester
“What a great place to stay for a London break.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We booked the Tower Hotel on recommendation and weren't disappointed. The best thing by far is its superb location right by Tower Bridge and the Thames, so you aren't surrounded by tower blocks, get claustrophobia from no space or fed up with fumes, noise and too many people.
It's a short walk from Tower Bridge tube from where you can access all of the sites, around the corner are bus stops not only for TfL buses but also the tour buses, you are right by the Tower of London as well as Tower Bridge and a main river boat stop in 5 minutes away.
We ate in some of the great restaurants in Katherine's Dock and just over the bridge on the South Bank.
Rooms are spacious, clean and whilst not 5 Star are more than adequate. Breakfast is first class, staff extremely helpful and bar prices reasonable.
We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Rooms are the same facing the Thames or Katherine's Dock, just the view that's different and...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank daveatsaughall

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,826)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a two night theatre break and were not disappointed.
Speedy check-in and check-out.
The rooms were clean and spacious and deserving a special mention is the kingsize bed, one of the comfiest beds we have ever slept in. The rooms were very quiet, infact we overlaid one morning, no banging doors here!
All the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful.
The buffet style breakfast was good, the usual cold and hot choices, nothing exceptional, although the scrambled eggs were done to perfection.
Although Tower Bridge and the Tower of London are on the doorstep, we spent most of our time in central London, taxi fares varied between £18-22, to and from the hotel. We were pushed for time, so did not use the tube system.
Would we use this hotel again? a definite yes!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

This was my first trip to London with just my wife and I and we were a little nervous about getting around the city on our own. We really stumbled on this hotel by accident and got a terrific rate online (about 1/3 of the normal price you would pay for a room here) so the whole thing was quite serendipitous.

When we arrived in London it was at an inconvenient time (as it always is when travelling from Nova Scotia). We arrived at 6 a.m. and when we got to the hotel it was only 10 a.m and our check-in time wasn't supposed to be until 3 p.m. The staff was excellent and offered to look after our bags so we didn't have to cart the around London and told us they would make sure a room was ready for us by noon.

Thankfully, this hotel is right in the middle of dozens of attractions. Tower Bridge, right outside the door. The Tower of London, literally a stones throw away. As I stated previously, you also have a tube station just down the street so the entire city is literally at your beckoned call.

Once we were able to return to the hotel for our room we were exhausted. We had not slept much on the flight over so we were ready for some serious sleep. We went to the room and the beds were very comfortable and we didn't budge until 3 a.m. Thankfully in London there is still plenty to do and see at that hour.

Honestly, if I could afford it I would stay here every time I'm in London. It is the perfect hub for seeing the city and the service was second to none. If you're in the area and want a convenient, comfortable and well run hotel to stay in, this is the place for you.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jamie M
Brighton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a weekend with my partner in June. Check in was swift and the staff lovely.
Beautiful room looking over tower bridge.
Perfect location with lots going on around it. Excellent value and will definitely be choosing to stay here again when we next visit.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tashaj86
Folkestone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Great location and at London prices not too bad a cost. The staff were all very helpful and friendly and I must say the buffet breakfast was just great value and very good quality compared to other more expensive hotels. The room was clean and had a view over the inner marina which was a nice suprise, in all we were very pleased and will stay again.

1 Thank Anthony A
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

We have just come back from a four day stay at this hotel and I have to say we were very impressed by the hotel and the staff. They were attentive, polite and very fiendly, nothing was too much trouble. I would like to say a particular thank you to Felian in the executive lounge for her fabulous treatment of us,she went out of her way to make our stay the best it could be. With a special touch being a lovely bottle of wine and box of chocolates in our room and a hand written card asking us if we were enjoying our stay. i would highly recommend paying that bit extra to stay in an executive room as this gives you a lovely executive lounge to go in in the morning and have a really nice quiet breakfast with unlimited coffee and teas etc but in the evenings it gives you much more with canapes being served from 5-8pm and unlimited wines, prosecco, beers, soft drinks and spirits again from 5-8pm.
The views we had from our room were spectacular again this room was given to us by Felian, thank you,but i am not going to tell you which room it was as i want to keep that to myself so that when we next book it I have ore chance of getting the same room!

1 Thank susanGen
Chichester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I have just finished my week long stay for a business trip at the hotel. It is an all round good hotel with fantastic views from the surrounding area and the Xi Bar overlooking the thames, shard and Tower Bridge. My room was everything I needed, a comfortable bed, plenty of space and a just about acceptable shower! I had a view overlooking the thames which was a great way to wake up each morning especially when it was blue skies! I only ate at the restaurant twice but there was nothing that made me go 'wow' about the food. I was especially impressed with the service at the bar, with the lady on the floor who worked all week from the 9th-13th being very pleasant and attentive. Unfortunately the breakfast at the hotel was very poor, the sausages were absolutely disgusting, and the bacon and eggs not much better, there was only one cereal to choose from as well! I understand it is the morning but it wouldn't hurt the staff to smile, except the lady on the host stand in the gallery! Most mornings I asked for coffee and didn't even receive it, but when i reminded them it seemed like such an effort for them!!
However I can see why the hotel gets its 4 stars but it has a long way to go before it gets that extra star!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business