“The hotel which delivers”
Review of The Tower

The Tower
Ranked #267 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed for a four night bargain break and the hotel provided a spotlessly clean, warm, comfortable and well appointed base. The hotel is huge but the staff work very hard to ensure it is not impersonal, indeed they do all they can to make your stay very enjoyable. Breakfast is hectic at busy times but there is a good choice and good attention to detail. Lifts are very busy at peak times. The views are splendid and access to the varied restaurants in St Katharines Dock etc. really enhance a visit to London. The Concierge is an excellent source of information and again works hard to make guests feel very welcome. I would certainly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Thames views are a fascinating addition to the holiday experience

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I recently spent two wonderful days at this hotel with my 15 yr old niece. We had a lovely room with an amazing view of tower bridge. The location was quiet for London and perfect for getting the boat or tube. On the first morning we intended having breakfast at the hotel but there was a long queue (8am) so we found a lovely place to eat around the corner overlooking the marina. The next morning we enjoyed a good breakfast at the hotel and at that time (9am) there was no queue. All staff at the hotel and Alice who took my booking over the phone were friendly and polite and nothing was too much trouble. On checking out there was a misunderstanding with the room up grade but Kamal who was most helpful and courteous sorted the problem quickly and efficiently . Enjoyed it so much that my husband and I have already booked to stay there next week!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Harle88
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This hotel has a great location, right next to Tower Bridge & the Tower of London. Two minute walk from Tower Hill tube station too.
Kamal was wonderful on reception, very friendly & helpful.
Rooms are a bit tired & could do with a coat of paint but otherwise very good. Comfy beds & clean. Ours had a view of St Katherine's dock.
Plenty of choices to eat around there, within the hotel & immediate area.
The bar overlooking Tower Bridge was great to sit, have a drink & watch the world go by
Having breakfast was a great bonus. Lovely hot & cold buffet available with plenty to choose from.
Only downfall was the lifts. Very slow, especially at breakfast & check-out time & wasn't helped that two of them weren't working
But overall a great stay

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My husband and I stayed again for a long weekend and as always cannot fault this hotel with its wonderful location and terrific staff. We had a lovely room with a fantastic view. Yes, perhaps a little refurbishment is needed here and there but I would certainly count this as secondary when compared with all the other advantages of this great hotel.

1  Thank VALBUR16
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This review is based on an executive upgraded suite.

Me and my partner stayed here for one night over a weekend in June and I must say, I only wish it was longer!

The location itself is spot on as it is in a quiet (for London) area which still has a modern, social feel. There was music playing on the grassy area outside the front, next to the bridge and a Pimms cart, together with the collection of restaurants a little before the hotel entrance. This in itself created a happy, chilled atmosphere on a lovely summer weekend.

On to the hotel itself- the reception area of the hotel has a grand look to it and all the staff where extremely polite. On entrance there were drinks available to use to take and they took our luggage to take to the room.

On entrance of our room (which was on the 5th floor as I believe this to be the upgrade floor) I could not believe my eyes! The view was astounding! It was the first thing I noticed as, as soon as you enter the room, you are greeted with an amazing view of Tower Bridge. The room we had was right on the end of the hotel, facing the bridge and therefore made it feel as if you were looking at the bridge front on from over the water.

Not only that but the room was amazing as well. We had underfloor tiled heating in the bathroom; fresh, clean slippers, towels and bath robes; a large tv; an ipod docking station; a nespresso coffee machine with a selection of coffees to use together with the usual teas and kettle; a huge bed and generally- really good quality furniture; and a full mini bar, which with or upgraded stay, was all completely free to help yourself to.

We were also informed that with our stay we had use of the gym on the 11th floor and access to the Club Lounge (a private drinking area exclusive to executive suite visitors). The Club Lounge was another amazing addition to this hotel. It was at the back of the hotel and therefore the view was a small harbour of boats, in a peaceful, tranquil area behind the hotel (it was quite unbelievable to think that I was in London still) and it allowed us to see both views that you could get when staying at The Tower- whether you be situated at the front of the hotel with the Tower Bridge view or at the back with the harbour view. The Club Lounge had a free bar with all top of the range alcohols and soft drinks being made available to you; those of which you could serve yourself. There was also canapés and a selection of cookies and snack food always available to you. The staff were extremely friendly and we were even told and encouraged that we could replenish our mini bar in our room with drinks, alcoholic or otherwise, from the Club Lounge fridges. We couldn’t believe how generous and friendly the staff / hotel were and other visitors who we got chatting to had previously stayed there and came back stating that they ’you don’t even need to go out, you could just stay in here all night’- which is in fact, what they did. Ewe however had plans to see a show and the Hotel again looked after us by booking our taxi and having the concierge wait with us.

We had breakfast included in our stay and in the morning when we went down to the breakfast area we were told that we in fact could go to the Club Lounge for breakfast (and didn’t need to attend the usual buffet (I presume) area). On return to the Club Lounge, however this time for breakfast, again all the same perks were available to you as above however this time an array of breakfast foods were spread out in silver dishes. Scrambled egg, bacon, rolls, toast, croissants, ham, cheese, cookies, fresh melon, coffees, teas were all made available and the chilled environment made breakfast even better as there was no rush to get up to the buffet. Again the staff were amazing especially Juste and Djamal who were encouraging us to carry on and take more food / drink even though we were late for breakfast.

We paid for a late check out and therefore we had no rush to leave the hotel. On departure, we asked to speak to the Manager to express how well we thought they did and particularly to highlight some of the staff as I have never been somewhere so amazing and where the staff were so helpful, polite and friendly. They made us feel very comfortable and ‘looked after’.

My partner booked the hotel a as surprise for me and so I was not present at the booking stage. However when my partner was booking the hotel, he informs me that he virtually called every day to take sure he had got everything right and was even asking for ideas of things to do in London. He said that the lady and gentlemen he spoke on the phone, a Helena and Nick were again extremely helpful in that they never got annoyed with his calls, the satisfied all his concerns and even assisted in suggesting ideas of things to do. My partner originally booked a normal room however on another one of his many phone calls, upgraded to the executive suite and expressed his concern of obtaining a really nice room with a good view. Helena assured him on the phone that she had secured a good room for him and therefore when my partner was greeted with the Tower Bridge view and the quality of the room itself, he was extra surprised as he then knew, that…. Had really looked after him on the phone.

I would highly recommend this hotel not only for its views, but for its location, its staff, its cleanliness and the quality of the facilities and rooms inside. I have only seen the 5th floor and so do not know what the other standard rooms are like however would most definitely encourage anyone going to simply upgrade to the executive suite as although it may cost more, it works out in the long run for the views and rooms that are available and also for the Club Lounge perks, especially the free alcohol, where in London it can be very pricey.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aimee E
Reviewed 13 August 2014

From the moment we set foot in the hotel, nothing was too much trouble. The staff were warm and welcoming and couldn't have been be more helpful. We had booked to see a film showing at Somerset House and decided to stay over instead of missing the end of the film to catch the last train as we did last year, what a great decision it was. Upon arrival at the hotel we were checked in by a lovely young lady named Valentina and everything we needed to know was explained to us and we went to our room. When we got to our room the only word I had was "wow!". The view was spectacular, being on the 4th floor, we had a stunning view of Tower Bridge with the Shard in the background. The rooms could do with a little updating, but this in no way detracts from the whole experience as the rooms were very clean and perfect for what we wanted. On the day we were due to leave we were having such a relaxed day we decided to pay for a late check out, I went to reception to ask if this could be accommodated, to be told that usually this would be a £10 charge per extra hour, (this was fine with me) to then be told that as this was our first time at the hotel they would do this for us with no extra charge, how's that for customer service?! I would not hesitate to return, in fact I can't wait...

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Visiting London for a long weekend we got a great deal to stay at The Tower hotel. Having read some of the reviews before we arrived I was a bit concerned that the price was too good to be true. We need not have been concerned. The hotel is very good.

First of all we went on a typical tourist weekend in that we used the hotel only as a base and just slept and showered there. There are so many restaurants, sights and bars in London it would be a crime to stay in the hotel. The room was good. It was a bit small but out room had a fantastic view of the Tower of London. The decor was good but some of the fittings were showing signs of wear and tear but it didn't bother me too much.

The empty mini-bar was great to keep bottles of water, beer and ice on hand. The room service staff were the fastest I have ever experienced!

The hotel location is fantastic and this really should be the yardstick by which it is measured. It is right beside the impressive Tower Bridge so prepare for some fantastic views. The historic Tower of London is on the opposite side of the bridge. The hotel is surrounded by St Katharine's Dock, a wealthy area containing plenty of restaurants and bars. The pier outside the hotel reception is home to one of the Thames River Cruise companies so Westminster pier and the London eye is a short enjoyable cruise away.

The public transport network is a stones throw with buses, tube and national rail services no more than a three minute walk away.

I didn't recall experience any of the hotels services, other than room service but there is a fitness room, restaurant and bar. The wifi is superb. All staff I encountered right down to the cleaning staff were friendly and polite.

I would not hesitate to stay here. Don't focus on the bad reviews. Once you arrive you'll be glad of your decision.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple