We stayed here last night as we were going to The Barbican Theatre, which is only 15 minutes walk away. Our double room was OK, but the decor was a bit tired; I couldn't work out if the paintwork was trying to be shabby chic or it was just very badly done. The latter I fear.The bed was very comfortable and it was very quiet, so we have a very good night's sleep. They were a bit stingey with the complimentary tea and coffee and we bought some extra milk from the corner shop. The TV was not up to standard - who has a mono TV these days? Our main beef was when we came down to breakfast to be confronted with a huge queue for the restaurant As far as we could see there were plenty of vacant tables and it was a buffet, so I am guessing it was just very badly organised. This might be excusable in some tiny seaside hotel, but this is major group hotel in the middle of the City of London, which must get more than its fair share of business clients, so providing a buffet-style breakfast should not be a major issue. We gave up and got breakfast on the train, so we saved a few quid at least.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within walking distance from Old Street and Barbican tube stations the Thistle City Barbican provides easy access to the whole of London and its many attractions. We have convenient transport links for King's Cross & Liverpool Street National Rail as well as St Pancras International station for Eurostar.Ideally located on the edge of the City of London, with the financial district just minutes away, we are also in a prime location for business travellers. Our dedicated conference facilities with 13 flexible meeting rooms will cater for business meetings, corporate special events, private dining and banquets for up to 170 delegates.Inclusive with your hotel booking you can enjoy the Otium Health & Leisure Club to work out, for a refreshing swim or simply relax and de-stress in the Jacuzzi, Sauna and Steam room. Whether you are here for business or leisure our Otium Health & Leisure Club has all you need to make your experience complete.Thistle City Barbican Hotel features 463 bedrooms including Standard, Deluxe and Family rooms as well as Suites. All of our guestrooms, meeting rooms and public areas are equipped with Free BT Openzone Wi-Fi internet access. For guests travelling to the Hotel by car there are 10 car parking spaces available which are allocated on a first come first serve basis. Alternatively there is a NCP carpark within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Thistle City Barbican reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thistle City Barbican London
- Thistle City Barbican Hotel London