Thistle City Barbican, Shoreditch
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$212
US$153
US$256
Autograph
  • Room Service
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$114
US$269
US$201
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$120
US$218
US$191
galahotels.com
3,368 results
All reviewsold street tube stationsteam roomtheatre breaktea and coffeegood nights sleepfull englishwest endtaxisshoreditch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were extremely satisfied with our stay at the hotel, great location for visiting London bridge and many other attractions.
Breakfast the following day was fantastic.
Great location also if bringing a vehicle.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank shane2981
b170utter, General Manager at Thistle City Barbican, Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Shane
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Thistle City Barbican
I was very pleased to read that you and your wife had a good stay .
We appreciate your recommendation and hope to welcome you back on a future occasion

Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Having arrived at 11am to drop bags off was presently surprised to be informed by Beverly that we could check in.
Room was in the main building on the 6th floor and was a nice sized twin and very clean.
Breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice, and service by the staff as quick as It could be.
Only downside was getting disturbed by 2 couples in family room next door at 4 in the morning , not hotels fault.
The walk from Old Street station was straight forward and even though it cuts through an housing estate it felt fairly safe.
Will use this hotel again next time I stay in London.
Di &John

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear John
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review on the Thistle City Barbican
I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay .
We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on a future occasion .

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Spent night here as part of a theatre deal. Room was not huge and lacked character, but well maintained and with safe, iron etc. one downside...no fire instructions behind the door.
The highlight of the visit was the buffet breakfast. Unusually this was served from a permenant service area with a very good choice of well prepared and presented
breakfast items including a range of breads and pastries. A manned omelette station was a bonus. We were served by a Philipino waitress known to her colleagues as MaMa. She has been at the hotel for 26 years serving breakfast. This is reflected in the style and efficiency of the service, she and all the other observed staff spent time talking to guests - and at 9.00 am the peak time for breakfast, brilliant! The spa was well maintained with friendly staff who even lent me a £1 for the locker. A good size pool with all normal facilities. The key card system worked well and gave access to the lifts as well as entry to the rooms. A bit of a walk to the bus and tube stops but plenty of taxis.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear David

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will pass your lovely comments on to Orfelia .
We look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion .

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had a meeting in London on Thursday till Saturday. Booked on last minute. Staff were friendly and hotel was clean and tidy.

Great value for money and the breakfast was second to none with a big variety !! Would visit it again

Many thanks
Dennis Fischer

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Dennis
I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us .
We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion
Jane

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Having looked at many hotel options around the surrounding area I finally chose the Thistle based on location due to where I was working.

Do not let the negative comments and photos put you off as I found this hotel to be clean, very well layed out, well kept and the staff are more than helpful, approachable and friendly

The facilities on site are really good including the spa, bar and restaurant.
For the Pool they give you a towel when you get down there, take a £1 for a locker (you get it back)

Free wifi is always a bonus and in this day in age everyone must look at this when deciding? I know I do now!

Room was spacious enough and not too noisey, Even the Breakfast was really good (I would normally not have breakfast as I usually opted to eat away from where I stay)

Very close to the Barbican Underground station*

The only one downside I can think of is the staircase on the second part of the building, it went from nicely carpeted to concrete like in a multistory carpark (I am always one for using stairs rather than a lift)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
b170utter, Front Office Manager at Thistle City Barbican, Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Benny

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Thistle City Barbican .
I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay .
Thank you for your very positve comments and recommendation
We look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion .