I paid around £75 per night for a single room. I expected . a lot better for the price. The communal areas are well kept but I was put in the building across the other side of the road and the room (2138) was terrible. The windows were drafty, the decor terrible and the decoration looked like a complete amateur had done it.
In fact I could have decorated better myself. Torn wallpaper, paint splattered, badly fitted paper. Taps and pipes tarnished.
No fan in the airless bathroom.
The corridor was a rabbit warren and I found it hard to find my room the first time.
The pool is a great selling point but it was really cloudy which I guess is a lack of cleanliness or excessive chemicals. Overall i feel that those put in the other building should be charged less. It seems to a hotel of two halves and I stayed in the other building before which was nice.
Breakfast was rediculously busy. A buffet affair with queues. The eggs and bacon were underdone. Runny white on the fried eggs, fat completely uncooked on the bacon, sausages cooked but anaemic.
Well replenished. Good choice.
I won't stay again which is a shame as I liked it last time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within walking distance from Old Street and Barbican tube stations the Thistle City Barbican provides easy access to the whole of London and its many attractions. We have convenient transport links for King's Cross & Liverpool Street National Rail as well as St Pancras International station for Eurostar.Ideally located on the edge of the City of London, with the financial district just minutes away, we are also in a prime location for business travellers. Our dedicated conference facilities with 13 flexible meeting rooms will cater for business meetings, corporate special events, private dining and banquets for up to 170 delegates.Inclusive with your hotel booking you can enjoy the Otium Health & Leisure Club to work out, for a refreshing swim or simply relax and de-stress in the Jacuzzi, Sauna and Steam room. Whether you are here for business or leisure our Otium Health & Leisure Club has all you need to make your experience complete.Thistle City Barbican Hotel features 463 bedrooms including Standard, Deluxe and Family rooms as well as Suites. All of our guestrooms, meeting rooms and public areas are equipped with Free BT Openzone Wi-Fi internet access. For guests travelling to the Hotel by car there are 10 car parking spaces available which are allocated on a first come first serve basis. Alternatively there is a NCP carpark within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Priceline, Lastminute, Evoline ltd, Nozio Netplan srl, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Thistle City Barbican reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thistle City Barbican London
- Thistle City Barbican Hotel London