Was'nt sure what to expect as this was booked as a surprise stop over by my wife to celebrate my Birthday. So, having asked if there was parking and been told simply "yes", we arrived at this 463 room Hotel to find it has just 11 parking spaces, yes folks JUST 11!! Reception told us, you cant book a space, its first come first served, and if your lucky, you have to pay £25 per night for the luxury - and even then, you cannot move your car - if you do, you lose the space! We were referred to an NCP 10 minutes away, or offered free on-road parking after 13.30 hrs - and we were checking in at 11.30! So, we had to pay the £7.20 for 2 hours and then have the free parking - but already unimpressed! Check in was quick and easy, and we eventually found our badly sign posted room after touring much of the third floor. The room was small, but clean, although definately in need of a face lift as quite old and tired. Nothing much to complain about with the room although as usual, 3 sachets of coffee for two guests is nuts. Later that night, after returning to the hotel, we attempted to use the 120 bar. There were 2 couples having a drink, but no bar staff. Having waited 5 minutes, we gave up completely and retired early, again, unimpressed. So breakfast. We went for breakfast at 0900, half the restaurant was empty, but avery table was bizarrely covered in dirty crockery etc. We had to join a short queue, but were seated within a few minutes - but only just as the restaurant was very busy and full. Breakfast as the highlight of the stay - a very good breakfast - very impressed & very happy, although the toast machine, which people queued at only gave you warm bread. If you wanted to try and toast it properly, it had to go through the machine 3 times - much to the irritation of those queuing. When we left the restaurent, the queue for breakast was HUGE, with, and I counted, 42 people waiting to get it - they were queuing out into reception! All in all, an OK hotel, with NO tangible parking, and a potentially VERY frustrating breakfast experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within walking distance from Old Street and Barbican tube stations the Thistle City Barbican provides easy access to the whole of London and its many attractions. We have convenient transport links for King's Cross & Liverpool Street National Rail as well as St Pancras International station for Eurostar.Ideally located on the edge of the City of London, with the financial district just minutes away, we are also in a prime location for business travellers. Our dedicated conference facilities with 13 flexible meeting rooms will cater for business meetings, corporate special events, private dining and banquets for up to 170 delegates.Inclusive with your hotel booking you can enjoy the Otium Health & Leisure Club to work out, for a refreshing swim or simply relax and de-stress in the Jacuzzi, Sauna and Steam room. Whether you are here for business or leisure our Otium Health & Leisure Club has all you need to make your experience complete.Thistle City Barbican Hotel features 463 bedrooms including Standard, Deluxe and Family rooms as well as Suites. All of our guestrooms, meeting rooms and public areas are equipped with Free BT Openzone Wi-Fi internet access. For guests travelling to the Hotel by car there are 10 car parking spaces available which are allocated on a first come first serve basis. Alternatively there is a NCP carpark within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Nozio Netplan srl, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Thistle City Barbican reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thistle City Barbican London
- Thistle City Barbican Hotel London