We were there for 2 nights, and ended up having to move to 3 different rooms throughout the stay. Considering iv stayed at many different sorts of hotels such as inns/lodges/backpackers and luxury accommodation throughout my travels this has got to be the biggest let down iv had. The hotel from the lobby looks amazing, up in the rooms you have to wonder about the safety of the place, it looks like it hasn't had a make over since it opened hundred of years ago! Even though we knew there was no mini bar we came in late to discover no courtesy water as well, when considering there is no tap drinking water this was a big inconvenience, i thought all hotels were considerate to some degree to offer their guests a complimentary bottle of water. As for the rooms, there was no air, was stuffy and hot, sometimes the windows didn't open, and i see from another reviewer the same thing happened to them, how safe is this? We were not happy at all, so many different things made this hotel a 'never again no matter what' option, and considering the price of a starting value of 160 POUNDS a night, its in such a bad location and such bad value for money! We moved into a BnB in Mayfair for 50 pounds a night, central, great staff, very good area, lots to do! Such a money waster i think! Stay elsewhere. Iv never done a bad review this is my first and its well deserved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within walking distance from Old Street and Barbican tube stations the Thistle City Barbican provides easy access to the whole of London and its many attractions. We have convenient transport links for King's Cross & Liverpool Street National Rail as well as St Pancras International station for Eurostar.Ideally located on the edge of the City of London, with the financial district just minutes away, we are also in a prime location for business travellers. Our dedicated conference facilities with 13 flexible meeting rooms will cater for business meetings, corporate special events, private dining and banquets for up to 170 delegates.Inclusive with your hotel booking you can enjoy the Otium Health & Leisure Club to work out, for a refreshing swim or simply relax and de-stress in the Jacuzzi, Sauna and Steam room. Whether you are here for business or leisure our Otium Health & Leisure Club has all you need to make your experience complete.Thistle City Barbican Hotel features 463 bedrooms including Standard, Deluxe and Family rooms as well as Suites. All of our guestrooms, meeting rooms and public areas are equipped with Free BT Openzone Wi-Fi internet access. For guests travelling to the Hotel by car there are 10 car parking spaces available which are allocated on a first come first serve basis. Alternatively there is a NCP carpark within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Lastminute, Nozio Netplan srl, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Thistle City Barbican reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thistle City Barbican London
- Thistle City Barbican Hotel London