This hotel is not just tired, you would need a general anaesthetic to feel at home. There was NO AIR CONDITIONING in mine or my friends rooms!!!!!! The only positive thing about my stay last night was leaving. I booked a room at just under £150 per night. When I arrived, the gentleman kindly offered with a smile and wink to upgrade me to a double bed no problem. The room (6th floor) was tired, I couldn't stand up in the shower. I had two large brown stains on my carpet. There were grubby marks in the shower. I fully intended on taking pictures to upload, however due to the worst nights sleep I've had in a long time in a room with no air conditioning in central London I didn't have the time or energy in the morning.
To make matters even worse (!!), in the morning when I went to check out I was charged over £180. The lovely gentleman that upgraded me had forgotten to tell me this was at a cost. The concierge misinformed us about places to eat / drink and the distances. The management team say that they "take feedback seriously". Really???? Where are the offers of compensation? I had NONE this morning when I complained in person, and I see NONE in the consistently negative very recent history here of reviews from dissatisfied customers. For a Thistle hotel, this is disgusting. If you actually do "take feedback seriously" please feel free to reply saying that you are actually going to DO something ....... ????
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within walking distance from Old Street and Barbican tube stations the Thistle City Barbican provides easy access to the whole of London and its many attractions. We have convenient transport links for King's Cross & Liverpool Street National Rail as well as St Pancras International station for Eurostar.Ideally located on the edge of the City of London, with the financial district just minutes away, we are also in a prime location for business travellers. Our dedicated conference facilities with 13 flexible meeting rooms will cater for business meetings, corporate special events, private dining and banquets for up to 170 delegates.Inclusive with your hotel booking you can enjoy the Otium Health & Leisure Club to work out, for a refreshing swim or simply relax and de-stress in the Jacuzzi, Sauna and Steam room. Whether you are here for business or leisure our Otium Health & Leisure Club has all you need to make your experience complete.Thistle City Barbican Hotel features 463 bedrooms including Standard, Deluxe and Family rooms as well as Suites. All of our guestrooms, meeting rooms and public areas are equipped with Free BT Openzone Wi-Fi internet access. For guests travelling to the Hotel by car there are 10 car parking spaces available which are allocated on a first come first serve basis. Alternatively there is a NCP carpark within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Thistle City Barbican, Shoreditch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thistle City Barbican London
- Thistle City Barbican Hotel London