stayed here for one night 13th june. after reading these reviews before i left i was so close to sacrificing the £76 paid to last minute.com for their secret hotel and booking somewhere else. i am so glad i didnt !!we arrived after a day in london and checked in at 4pm , we were offered an upgrade for £10 but refused but were then given a free one which we accepted. our room was on the 5th floor and was excellent air con ,flat screen nice shower etc. after reading reviews i looked for faults and found a couple but they were so small i wont even mention them. decided to have a swim and this was excellent nice pool and facilities and not to crowded,a relaxing swim and sauna after a long day was just the ticket.
didnt have breakfast but found a wetherspoon pub 5mins away they always give good value.
my only fault with the hotel was its location. it really was in the middle of a council estate and 20 mins from a tube station . saw no trouble and never felt threatened we walked back from the tube at midnight and felt at ease, although i can see why some people questioned the area.
all in all we enjoyed our stay and although i would probably not stay here again ,the only reason would be its location and distance from tube and centre.
i certainly would recommend this to anyone . maybe i got lucky but you can only say what and how you see things
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within walking distance from Old Street and Barbican tube stations the Thistle City Barbican provides easy access to the whole of London and its many attractions. We have convenient transport links for King's Cross & Liverpool Street National Rail as well as St Pancras International station for Eurostar.Ideally located on the edge of the City of London, with the financial district just minutes away, we are also in a prime location for business travellers. Our dedicated conference facilities with 13 flexible meeting rooms will cater for business meetings, corporate special events, private dining and banquets for up to 170 delegates.Inclusive with your hotel booking you can enjoy the Otium Health & Leisure Club to work out, for a refreshing swim or simply relax and de-stress in the Jacuzzi, Sauna and Steam room. Whether you are here for business or leisure our Otium Health & Leisure Club has all you need to make your experience complete.Thistle City Barbican Hotel features 463 bedrooms including Standard, Deluxe and Family rooms as well as Suites. All of our guestrooms, meeting rooms and public areas are equipped with Free BT Openzone Wi-Fi internet access. For guests travelling to the Hotel by car there are 10 car parking spaces available which are allocated on a first come first serve basis. Alternatively there is a NCP carpark within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Thistle City Barbican, Shoreditch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thistle City Barbican London
- Thistle City Barbican Hotel London