I travel to London on business pretty-much every week. I usually stay closer into the city but was booked into this hotel because of Wimbledon (not many rooms to be had!).
Was been booked into a standard single grade room - asked about upgrade on check-in, offered a suite - not necessary given I was only staying for one night.
* Room very small - about 6 ft wide by 12 ft
* No aircon - a free-standing electric fan had been provided! (too noisy to run at night - and happened to be one of the hottest nights of the year so far!!)
" En-suite looked like it hadn't been updated since the '70s - very basic
* In summary, the room had the feeling of a student dorm - very functional
* Massive queue into breakfast - only one person checking folk in and seeing them to their tables - very frustrating given the number of senior staff buzzing around
* Breakfast buffet very basic - great (I suppose) if you want a fully cooked breakfast - otherwise limited selection - e.g. poor selection of fruit (about 3 selections of prunes, etc out of tins)
* Staff pleasant and helpful - I valued the free shuttle to the tube (NB This hotel IS NOT in easy walking distance from a tube station)
I chose not to eat in the hotel - didn't look very appealing
There are more comfortable and better value hotels in London
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within walking distance from Old Street and Barbican tube stations the Thistle City Barbican provides easy access to the whole of London and its many attractions. We have convenient transport links for King's Cross & Liverpool Street National Rail as well as St Pancras International station for Eurostar.Ideally located on the edge of the City of London, with the financial district just minutes away, we are also in a prime location for business travellers. Our dedicated conference facilities with 13 flexible meeting rooms will cater for business meetings, corporate special events, private dining and banquets for up to 170 delegates.Inclusive with your hotel booking you can enjoy the Otium Health & Leisure Club to work out, for a refreshing swim or simply relax and de-stress in the Jacuzzi, Sauna and Steam room. Whether you are here for business or leisure our Otium Health & Leisure Club has all you need to make your experience complete.Thistle City Barbican Hotel features 463 bedrooms including Standard, Deluxe and Family rooms as well as Suites. All of our guestrooms, meeting rooms and public areas are equipped with Free BT Openzone Wi-Fi internet access. For guests travelling to the Hotel by car there are 10 car parking spaces available which are allocated on a first come first serve basis. Alternatively there is a NCP carpark within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Thistle City Barbican reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thistle City Barbican London
- Thistle City Barbican Hotel London