After reading some of the reviews on this hotel, I feel that I have to make a comment on the hotel. I must say that my two friends and myself felt a bit apprehensive after reading other peoples reviews. We stayed Sat 1st Aug and we could not fault the hotel apart from the tv, which we could not get to work, but I'm sure it would only take a call to reception to sort it out. As I have already stated we paid peanuts for this trip which was a one night stay in London. We stayed on the 2nd floor and our friend stayed in the annex. Both rooms were excellent with everything that you would require including tea, coffee, iron, hair dryer, tv, mini bar, extra pillows, toiletries and clean towels. Both rooms were very clean and furnished well. It was very peaceful, no traffic noise and although there was a stag and a hen party staying at the hotel that night we didn't here a thing all night. If you intend to use the tube, the Barbican is a fair walk (about 15-20 mins) but three ladies approaching 50 and not exactly fit managed it, no problem. It is on the circle line and allows for easy access everywhere. All public areas in hotel are clean, comfortable and attractive with a free daily newspaper to pick up from reception. It gets very busy at breakfast time, so best to avoid peak times or you will be joining quite a large queue. Breakfast good (self service) but wish they could keep their food warmer. The staff are very pleasant and attentive. I would have no problem staying at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within walking distance from Old Street and Barbican tube stations the Thistle City Barbican provides easy access to the whole of London and its many attractions. We have convenient transport links for King's Cross & Liverpool Street National Rail as well as St Pancras International station for Eurostar.Ideally located on the edge of the City of London, with the financial district just minutes away, we are also in a prime location for business travellers. Our dedicated conference facilities with 13 flexible meeting rooms will cater for business meetings, corporate special events, private dining and banquets for up to 170 delegates.Inclusive with your hotel booking you can enjoy the Otium Health & Leisure Club to work out, for a refreshing swim or simply relax and de-stress in the Jacuzzi, Sauna and Steam room. Whether you are here for business or leisure our Otium Health & Leisure Club has all you need to make your experience complete.Thistle City Barbican Hotel features 463 bedrooms including Standard, Deluxe and Family rooms as well as Suites. All of our guestrooms, meeting rooms and public areas are equipped with Free BT Openzone Wi-Fi internet access. For guests travelling to the Hotel by car there are 10 car parking spaces available which are allocated on a first come first serve basis. Alternatively there is a NCP carpark within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Thistle City Barbican, Shoreditch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thistle City Barbican London
- Thistle City Barbican Hotel London