DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$336
US$278
Pullman
US$307
US$263
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$215
The Belgrave(London)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$158
  • Bar/Lounge
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$551
US$533
Travelocity
3,333 results
All reviewsbritish museumwest endsouthampton rowholborn tube stationwarm cookieswelcome cookiedouble treecovent gardenon arrivalexecutive roomrussell squarean upgradeafternoon teaexcellent locationbreakfast was excellentcentral locationbooked this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Stayed here recently and thought it was perfectly adequate. Its central right in the centre of bloomsbury, its not luxurious and could do with an update but there are lots of pros, the bed was very comfortable, the room was spotless, adequate gym and nice breakfast. It seems like a good three star hotel. I would stay again however it does not offer free wifi and its £15 for 24 hours which I think is very overpriced and you would expect free internet access in a four star hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank coco55555
Sandro G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Thank you for choosing DoubleTree by Hilton West End. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the hotel’s gym and breakfast facilities and that your bed was very comfortable. Last year the hotel had a complete renovation and I am sorry to hear that you felt an update is needed. If you would like to let us know of any specific issues you had regarding this, please do email Caitlin Klarenbach at c.klarenbach@dtlondonwestend.com.
Thank you for your comments and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 26 July 2012

The hotel is elegant and in a good location. Room on the executive (ground) level and bathroom was small but nicely furnished and clean. Bed was way too small for a couple and we were glad to spend only one night. On check-out we asked at front desk if all their rooms had such small double beds. No, they don't, and we would have had to put a request in for a bigger bed when booking. Well, for everyone who reads this ... Executive lounge is adjacent to the lobby bar and accessed with room key. Self service and no concierge, it is a nice little quiet area, basic but comfortable. Concierge was such a nice, friendly and extremely helpful gentleman. Thank you, Sir! Provided we could get a bigger bed, we would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room and bigger bed.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank goodfoodfanOZ

Thank you very much for your review of your stay with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton London – West End. I am very glad to hear that our Concierge Team provided you with excellent customer service. I will be sure to pass your comments on to them, which I know they will be glad to hear. We do have various room types throughout the hotel. For a guaranteed King bed we recommend Double Deluxe or Executive Room, whilst Standard Double Room feature Queen beds. We are sorry to hear you weren’t comfortable. Next time please don’t hesitate to check with reception if we can upgrade your room.
Once again thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 24 July 2012

I booked this hotel as part of a weekend theatre break package and were very happy with our choice. The hotel was well positioned and easy to find. We were only bed and breakfast so can't comment on other meals but breakfast was lovely with plenty of choice and good service. Rooms were not the biggest i've been in but were nicely decorated and furnished with everything that you could possibly need for your stay, ie hairdryer, tea and coffee, iron, tv, air conditioning, etc. We were welcomed into the room with a note to say 'happy birthday' to my wife and a bowl of complimetary fruit, which was a nice touch. Bar area was nice and reasonably priced with a good choice of drinks and good service. The reception was impressive and the staff were very welcoming and helpful. All in all we were very happy with this hotel and would not think twice about going back....thanks doubletree for helping to make our weekend!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank scoobiedoodles
Sandro G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

Thank you very much for your positive comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton London – West End. I am very pleased to hear that you and your wife had a great weekend here at the hotel. I am especially pleased to hear that our Reception and Bar team provided you with great customer service as it is of the utmost importance to our hotel that all of guests are provided with attention and care.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for the weekend greeted by very friendly helpful staff and a gorgeous warm chocolate chip cookie yum yum! Walking distance from Euston train station and lots of popular London attraction in a very nice part of the city. Our gorgeous room 515 very clean and modern with a spacious bathroom, fridge and safe. Comfy bed & pillows air con was fantastic as it was warm weather. Lovely buffet breakfast. Will definitely stay here again :)

1  Thank Monshell
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I stayed there for 4 nights on a business trip to London, I normally stay in the Holiday Inn up the road, but that was not available to me on this occasion, First impressions were good, however it appears that our corporate rate did not include Internet as it did up the road for which they wanted £15 a day (our booking system said it did) however after dismissing this as a joke ( I can get internet anywhere in Europe roaming via my mobile phone cheaper than that ) I checked out the more affordable options. There were around 4 BTOpenzone hotspots (which has a deal with many other networks )available from my room which are a fraction of the Hotel totally unrealistic price, and as I get access to those for free I was happier. (when are hotels in the UK going to realise that they could advertise Free internet and actually get more business? I'm always going to pick a hotel in preference to one that doesn't )
On arrival in the room, the phone was ringing, it was reception asking if I was happy with everything, as I hadn't even had the opportunity to put the card in the slot to turn the lights on I was a little unprepared to give a detailed response other that 'I think so' !
The bed was very comfortable, however the lack of any bedside power points meant I had to charge my phone on the other side of the room, and had to get out of bed to check time or answer texts etc, not good, and so simple to fix, even the hotels clock radio was on the other side of the room.
The bathroom appeared clean, however the large windowsill / shelf where all the soap etc was placed, was loose and not sealed in, there was an 8mm gap between it all the way around, and just looked a bit rubbish. The shower was an over the bath type of shower, however the water wasn't particularly powerful, and you had to angle the head to shoot the water out horizontally and stand in front of it, not really ideal, but at least you can get wet!
The first nights sleep was broken at Midnight when the fire alarms sounded for 30 seconds then stopped ... then started .... then stopped, finally after another 60 seconds sounded continuously, everyone started to migrate downstairs where no one seemed to be coordinating us, we stood in the foyer, then out the front, then in the foyer, and finally out the back of the hotel where we had to stand for 30 minutes, in all this time I heard not a peep from any of the hotel staff. On re-entering the hotel I was told I could not use the Lifts due to safety concerns, so after climbing 4 flights of stairs I was even more awake and out of breath ! (The lifts although are rated for 6 people would struggle to fit more than 4 )
The air conditioner also contributed to the insomnia due to making an annoying vibration sound for minutes at a time which would go quiet by tapping the side of it.
The following morning we received a note from the manager saying their 'state of the art' fir system had been triggered by a leaking water pipe in the conference room.... strange system.....
However, the best part of the stay I think was the breakfast, it was superb, and all of the breakfast staff were extremely friendly.
All in all, not bad, I would consider staying there again if I was prepared to take an extension lead and maybe some earmuffs .... (Joking)

Room Tip: Don't pay for the Hotel Internet, plently of cheaper options available via WIFI from your room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank RoosterMoike

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad to read that you enjoyed our buffet breakfast and that you are considering returning to the hotel. I am very sorry about the disturbance at night due to the fire alarm. The safety and security of our guests and team members is of utmost importance to us and in the very rare occasion of a fire alarm we are obliged to evacuate the hotel. This is particularly stressful to guests and staff when this happens at night time. I note your comments that communication during the evacuation could have been better and we will reflect on these comments with a view to implement further improvement through training.
We will also be happy to offer all of our guest’s free wireless internet in all public areas in the next month. Once again thank you for your very valuable feedback and I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel again soon