“Affordable and centrally located”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End
Ranked #387 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Hong Kong
“Affordable and centrally located”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

My only previous experience with Doubletree has been in the United States and not the best so I booked this property with trepidation. I was very pleasantly surprised. Great location near to Holborn Tube station and walking distance to several of my meetings. Nicely appointed rooms and good breakfast spread in the lower ground restaurant. All the staff were very pleasant except for one experience with the Concierge desk when I can only assume he was busy and/or having a bad day. Good to find another affordable and centrally located hotel option in London.

Room Tip: Rooms looking into the central "courtyard" experience no ambient street noise
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Peadar M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review on your recent experience with us.

I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our location convenient and our rooms comfortable. I was also delighted to hear that you liked our Wake Up DoubleTree breakfast buffet and that our team provided such a friendly service.
However, I am sorry that you experienced a less friendly attitude from one of our concierge, whom are usually very attentive and helpful. I have noted your comment and will be sure to address the matter to our Head Concierge to investigate and prevent any future occurrence.

We do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again sometime soon!

p.mcfadden@dtlondonwestend.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Thought that the lobby of this hotel would reflect the rooms on offer - how wrong you can be!. Room was tiny (we had asked for a king bed and got a double!). The sheets, while clean were ripped. The taps dripped. The air-conditioner did not work. There is no free access to the internet for guests - cost is 5 pounds per half an hour. We were on the 6th floor and it was quiet however, with the prices this hotel charges for a nights stay you would expect a little more. We have stayed at cheaper hotels and had better service and rooms than this hotel offers. Very disappointed!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank elledee2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel with the Tripadvisor Travel community.

Although I was glad to learn that our lobby area provided a welcoming impression, I was very sorry and concerned to hear of your disappointing experience.
We do strive to provide nothing but the highest standards in service and accommodation, and your comments have immediately been addressed to our Housekeeping and Engineering teams for them to investigate and action.

We do hope to have the opportunity of being your hosts again sometime soon, and to be able to provide you with our usual high level of service to restore your faith in us.

Kind Regards
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I stayed at the DoubleTree Hilton London West End. The room was very small and opposite the life, so whenever the lift moved, the doors opened or people came out, it was very noisy. This, combined with a small-ish bed and hard pillows, did not give a good night's sleep. The internet was expensive and too slow even to call home via Skype.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to also complete one of our on-line surveys on your recent experience with us.

I truly regret to learn that you didn't fully enjoy your stay at our hotel, as you were not satisfied with the size and quietness of your room and experienced some setbacks with our internet connection.
We have shared and addressed your comments to the relevant teams for resolution and our Hotel Administrator has contacted you privately to ensure that such matters are followed up and your faith in us is restored.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you on a new occasion, and to provide you with the level of service and accommodation that we are renowned for.

Lot-et-Garonne, France
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed here for two nights on business. The lobby is amazing but check in was haphazard. Suffering the cookie ' thing' is always bizarre in Doubletree Hotels!

The public areas and my room was contemporary and nicely furnished. I was upgraded to a Deluxe room. I loved the cushions and the the bed, the curtains and the furnishings. However, the bathroom needed refurbishment badly or at least a deep clean. The tables in the room were dusty. The mineral water was very welcome though. My room was at the back but was a little noisy (as you'd expect with a city centre hotel) - it overlooks a block of social housing apartments. The early morning (05:00) glass recycling cart wasn't welcome!

I did use the sweet little gym. Its just enough and open 24 hours, which suits me.

Dinner was in the lobby bar / restaurant. The menu is very limited but the service good and the food okay.

The main problem I had was the heating! It didn't work on my first night and I reported it. On my second night it still wasn't working and the staff took the extras off my bill but what I wanted was heating. These sorts of things should be checked and not left to chance.

This could be a good hotel but lacks management. Right now, I wouldn't recommend it as there is a much choice in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Peadar M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable comments and for your time taken to review your recent stay with us.

I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed the setting and atmosphere of our hotel, the furnishing in your room, and our fitness centre facility.
However, I regret to learn that you were less satisfied with the condition of the bathroom and that you experienced some setbacks with noise early in the morning and with a defective heating unit. I have immediately shared your comments and addressed them to our engineering and housekeeping departments for them to resolve as appropriate. I would like to assure you that such situations are complete exceptions to our usual high standards and that every measure will be taken to prevent any future reoccurrence.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again and to provide you with the level of service that we are renowned for.

Kind Regards
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

Long weekend for half term. Clean large room even when sofa bed in use. 407. Looks over Southampton Row which is busy and a little noisy throughout most of the night. I always wonder why when preparing beds for 3 people they never then provide 3 cups 3 glasses etc. anyway request put that right thereafter. Equally no "do not disturb" sign! Orders wrong in bar but overall we'd return - particularly for the location. Holborn tube is 300 metres away and it's a straight journey on the Piccadilly line to the museums in South Kensington which we visited. Also theatres and china town all close by. Very good breakfasts with a special offer thankfully! (£19.50 otherwise!)

Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I was very happy to hear that you overall had an enjoyable experience at our hotel, where you liked our central location and comfort of our rooms.
However, I am sorry to read that you found your room to be a little noisy as it was facing the busy Southampton Row and that the amenities placed in your room were too few. I have shared your comments with our Housekeeping team for them to check and ensure that they are always attentive preparing rooms as per our usual standards.

We do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again sometime soon!

Seale, AL, United States
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This hotel has an excellent breakfast, wonderful amenities, and a great location for exploring central London. My boyfriend and I were here for a weekend, and we will definitely be staying here again when we are back in the city. The Junior Suites are excellent and perfect for two couples, or a group of friends.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank Annie H. K
Stockport
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We booked this hotel on a bed and breakfast basis about a week in advance and were not disappointed. The hotel is situated near the British Museum in Bloomsbury and within easy walking distance of Covent Garden, The West End and other major attractions so no need to catch the tube. There are loads of good restaurants near the hotel which are not as crowded as Covent Garden etc. We were offered an upgrade to an Executive Room and late check out on Sunday which we were glad that we accepted and the king sized bed was really nice and comfortable. The room was in a quiet location and with the air conditioning we heard nothing all night. The only slight criticism was the breakfast which was disappointing. We have lots of weekend breaks in equally busy hotels and the breakfast was very average . Having said that I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I can get the right deal - there are loads of cafes offering a nice breakfast near the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Peadar M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay with us.
It is a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your recent experience at our hotel, and that you liked our central location and the comfort and quietness of our rooms.
However, I regret to hear that you were not as satisfied with our breakfast buffet, and have brought your comments on board and shared them with our Breakfast team for them to ensure that such an essential service is always of the highest quality, as per our usual high standards.

We do hope to welcome you again sometime soon.