“Great Staff made me happy.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End
Ranked #405 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I stayed in the hotel for travelling last week.

First of all location was great right in the middle of the city where I can go anywhere easily.

Check - in was very efficient and quick. Very attentive front desk people. Concierge was so much experienced people as well.
My room was big enough for a person and good tv channel as well. No problems wieh A/C in this hotel. Strongly recommened.

I really enjoyed time in the bar.
All the staff was very friendly and very professional. Bartender from Italy was professional !Especially, managers talked to me and advised me very nice bottle of wine and dessert, which I really needed for !
I don't know his name but he's indian looking guy. Special thanks to him !
Banquet seemed very busy and looked like hotel has got good facility for it and staff were working very hard which gave me great inspiration and happiness.

While I was staying in a hotel, steak food as the best I've ever had. If you're looking for good beef steak. you don't need to go to Angus beef house etc.. This is the place.

Speical thanks to great service / staff, I was really happy while I was there.

Thanks

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Peadar M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for such positive review on your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton London West End

It is an absolute pleasure to read about the good feedback and the wonderful stay you had whilst staying with us. I will make sure to share your review with the whole team whom will be very pleased to read such good comments.

We look forward to welcome you back on a new occasion.

Warm Regards
p.mcfadden@dtlondonwestend.com

Write a ReviewReviews (3,270)

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Stayed here for one night. Room rates are not cheap, but location is superb. Within walking distance to Holborn Tube Station and lots of restaurants right outside. The room is small, but compact. The bed was a double bed, sufficient for 2 of us, with lots of pillows thrown in. The only grouse we had was no wi-fi in the rooms, but the front desk staff handled our complaint on that really well.

Room Tip: Our room faced an indoor courtyard.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the share to share feedback with us on your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton London West End.
I am glad to read that you had a good stay and that you found the location of the hotel to be superb.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back sometime soon.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

We choose this hotel because of the location and because they offered in their web page a "family room" for 3 adults...they said there will be enough space for a roll away bed...

We arrived today and they gave us room 340....with a tiny sofa bed!!! I am glad my 19 years old girl is really thin...the room in general is really really small...even for London's standards and the bathroom is also extremely small. We are disappointed and we are supposed to be here until Monday! So my husband called immediately after check in and ask if we could pay for an upgrade...a bigger room...well no possible they are fully booked...what really bother us is that they offer something in the web page and they don't have it...so be aware because it's not a cheap place and the only bright side so far is the location...

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank NLDS72
Peadar M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton London West End

I sincerely apologize on behalf of all the team for failing to meet expectations on this occasion. I will be contacting you privately to ensure all seatbacks highlighted on your review are looked upon and resolved promptly.
I am very keen on making matters up to you and restore your faith both in us.
We do hope t have the opportunity of welcoming you back on a new occasion.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Enjoyed our stay. It was a surprise for my fiancée! We got to the hotel a couple of hours before we could check in however they said the room was ready for us at this was at 1pm, 2 hours before you can usually check in there was no extra charge for this! We were presented with 2 Bags with warm cookies inside just after we checked in which were lovely! We stayed In a executive double room the bed was lovely and the pillows suited us! The room was a nice size!

Location was good we're were a 4-5 minute walk from the tube station and one stop from covent garden which is my favourite area in London! We also went to see lion king at the lyceum theatre so It was a good and reasonably priced night compared to staying in covent garden which was far more expensive.

My one and only compliant as such was that you had to pay for the services of the tv so we couldn't even watch bbc news or basic free view channels it wasn't incredibly important however with the price I paid for the room it should have been free and would have been nice to watch before I settled before sleep and waking up In the morning.

Other than this I would stay again as the location was good and the room itself was rather nice! If I could rate it 4 and a half star for my stay I would as it was near perfect.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton London West End.
I am glad to read that you were able to check in earlier than usual and that you enjoyed the warm Chocolate Chip Cookies. I am also happy to read that you found the location of the hotel to be good and that you found your room of a good size and the bed to be very comfortable.
In regards to your comments on the TV channels, we are currently reviewing the service we provide for television and can assure you that your comments will be taken into account in any decisions made.
We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you both back sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed here on Saturday night for one night on a short trip to see Les Mis, which was fabulous! Great location, 5 minutes from Holborn tube station and 10 minute walk to Shaftesbury Avenue. Efficient check in, with a lovely surprise of a warm chocolate chip cookie each, which was extremely welcomed! Nice twin room, flat screen tv, heating/air con, hair dryer, iron, alarm clock, tea and coffee making facilities. Great power shower and lovely Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries. No wifi in room, which we were aware of but still a disappointment. Decent inclusive buffet breakfast in the morning, great choice, something for everyone. Efficient check out and helpful concierge where we left our bags on Sunday when we went a wander around London. Nice bar for a wee nightcap on Saturday night on our return from the theatre. Bathrobes provided in the bedroom too. No complaints and would definitely return

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Peadar M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.

I am happy to read that you found the location of the hotel to be good, check in to be efficient and that you enjoyed the Chocolate Chip Cookie. I am especially pleased to see that you also enjoyed the variety and quality of the DoubleTree Wake Up Breakfast buffet and that you found our Concierge Team to be helpful and that they were able to assist with your bags after check out.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at the DoubleTree by Hilton London West End in the near future.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel on Saturday night with my 6 year old son. After reading previous reviews I was apprehensive about my stay as a mum with a young child, however I had no need. The hotel was clean, quiet and very welcoming. All staff on reception were very polite and check in and out was easy. The room whilst quite small was clean and warm. The breakfast was great and wasn't too busy. The door even had a dead bolt on the inside so I felt safe in the room. Some reviews had been detrimental to the area but I found this area to be safe and not a problem, mostly tourist mulling around and not gangs as a previous reviewer had said. The hotel is within walking distance of Covent Garden etc, we walked to most places from here. I would definitely book this hotel again. Thank you for making our stay in London great.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your review regarding your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton London West End.
I am very pleased to read that you had such an enjoyable stay, from the Check in process where you found our Front Desk Agents to be polite to the Breakfast in the morning.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at the DoubleTree by Hilton London West End.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

My room was surprisingly large by London standards and everything was in perfect order. It was relatively expensive, however, and I do wish it had a better bar area. I will stay again given its central location.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time for your review regarding your recent stay with us.

I am extremely happy to read that you had enjoyable stay and we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in a new occasion in the near future.