“Would return”

Ranked #384 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Would return”
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

I have attended lots of work meetings at Hilton hotels but this was the first time I had stayed in one. Overall it was a good experience and I would have awarded 5 stars if it weren't for a few little niggles.

Check in was fine and we were asked if we wanted the famous cookie at pre check in or if we wanted it later when our room was available, I said later and this was a mistake. When we returned after 3pm to check in I asked about the cookie and was told they didn't have any at the moment but they would send 2 upto our room, unfortunately they never appeared so I never got to taste one of the amazing cookies!! At pre check in I also asked to book a table in the restaurant for later that evening and saw her write it down. When we turned up at the restaurant for our reservation, the booking had never been made and from the reaction of the staff in the restaurant, this didn't come as a surprise. Fortunately they squeezed us in.

Our stay at the Hilton on the whole was a positive one, the location was perfect and the staff were on the whole very pleasant. I am not sure though if the concierge was having a bad couple of days whilst we were there but he was a little grumpy when we spoke to him on each occasion.

These were only minor niggles and I would return and hopefully experience the cookie next time!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Peadar M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for your positive review regarding your recent stay with us.

Although I was very happy to hear that you overall had an enjoyable experience with us, I sincerely regret to hear that you were disappointed by a few setbacks with our service.
I was very sorry to learn that you didn't receive our signature welcome Chocolate Chip Cookie and that your dinner reservation was not passed on to our Restaurant Team.
I have shared your feedback with the team for them to investigate and prevent any future reoccurrence. Our guest's comfort and satisfaction is our very first priority and I would like to warmly thank you for bringing such matters to our attention for improvement.

We do hope to welcome you again on your next trip to London.

p.mcfadden@dtlondonwestend.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ashtead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I just wanted to credit Vova who was on the reception desk when I arrived. He made me extremely welcome and upgraded me to a superb room. All the staff were friendly and helpful that I came across on my 1 night business stay and I would be very pleased to be booked in here again. Thank you!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Peadar M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your wonderful review.

I am very pleased to read that you had a wonderful stay with us, and that Vova was able to provide you with an upgraded room for your comfort during your stay as well as provide you with his usual great customer service.

We look forward to welcome you back at the DoubleTree by Hilton London West End in the very near future.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Booked through Hotwire and got a twin room which initially we were disappointed to hear but the hotel is in a brilliant location, our room was lovely and spotless, and the price (£84) proved amazing value. This couldn't have been better for only our second night away from the children this year!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Peadar M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton London West End.

I am very pleased to hear about your positive stay with us and we are looking forward to welcome you back on a new occasion soon.

Warm Regards,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I stayed in the hotel for travelling last week.

First of all location was great right in the middle of the city where I can go anywhere easily.

Check - in was very efficient and quick. Very attentive front desk people. Concierge was so much experienced people as well.
My room was big enough for a person and good tv channel as well. No problems wieh A/C in this hotel. Strongly recommened.

I really enjoyed time in the bar.
All the staff was very friendly and very professional. Bartender from Italy was professional !Especially, managers talked to me and advised me very nice bottle of wine and dessert, which I really needed for !
I don't know his name but he's indian looking guy. Special thanks to him !
Banquet seemed very busy and looked like hotel has got good facility for it and staff were working very hard which gave me great inspiration and happiness.

While I was staying in a hotel, steak food as the best I've ever had. If you're looking for good beef steak. you don't need to go to Angus beef house etc.. This is the place.

Speical thanks to great service / staff, I was really happy while I was there.

Thanks

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for such positive review on your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton London West End

It is an absolute pleasure to read about the good feedback and the wonderful stay you had whilst staying with us. I will make sure to share your review with the whole team whom will be very pleased to read such good comments.

We look forward to welcome you back on a new occasion.

Warm Regards
KL
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Stayed here for one night. Room rates are not cheap, but location is superb. Within walking distance to Holborn Tube Station and lots of restaurants right outside. The room is small, but compact. The bed was a double bed, sufficient for 2 of us, with lots of pillows thrown in. The only grouse we had was no wi-fi in the rooms, but the front desk staff handled our complaint on that really well.

Room Tip: Our room faced an indoor courtyard.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the share to share feedback with us on your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton London West End.
I am glad to read that you had a good stay and that you found the location of the hotel to be superb.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back sometime soon.

Qatar
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We choose this hotel because of the location and because they offered in their web page a "family room" for 3 adults...they said there will be enough space for a roll away bed...

We arrived today and they gave us room 340....with a tiny sofa bed!!! I am glad my 19 years old girl is really thin...the room in general is really really small...even for London's standards and the bathroom is also extremely small. We are disappointed and we are supposed to be here until Monday! So my husband called immediately after check in and ask if we could pay for an upgrade...a bigger room...well no possible they are fully booked...what really bother us is that they offer something in the web page and they don't have it...so be aware because it's not a cheap place and the only bright side so far is the location...

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank NLDS72
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton London West End

I sincerely apologize on behalf of all the team for failing to meet expectations on this occasion. I will be contacting you privately to ensure all seatbacks highlighted on your review are looked upon and resolved promptly.
I am very keen on making matters up to you and restore your faith both in us.
We do hope t have the opportunity of welcoming you back on a new occasion.

Best Regards
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay. It was a surprise for my fiancée! We got to the hotel a couple of hours before we could check in however they said the room was ready for us at this was at 1pm, 2 hours before you can usually check in there was no extra charge for this! We were presented with 2 Bags with warm cookies inside just after we checked in which were lovely! We stayed In a executive double room the bed was lovely and the pillows suited us! The room was a nice size!

Location was good we're were a 4-5 minute walk from the tube station and one stop from covent garden which is my favourite area in London! We also went to see lion king at the lyceum theatre so It was a good and reasonably priced night compared to staying in covent garden which was far more expensive.

My one and only compliant as such was that you had to pay for the services of the tv so we couldn't even watch bbc news or basic free view channels it wasn't incredibly important however with the price I paid for the room it should have been free and would have been nice to watch before I settled before sleep and waking up In the morning.

Other than this I would stay again as the location was good and the room itself was rather nice! If I could rate it 4 and a half star for my stay I would as it was near perfect.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton London West End.
I am glad to read that you were able to check in earlier than usual and that you enjoyed the warm Chocolate Chip Cookies. I am also happy to read that you found the location of the hotel to be good and that you found your room of a good size and the bed to be very comfortable.
In regards to your comments on the TV channels, we are currently reviewing the service we provide for television and can assure you that your comments will be taken into account in any decisions made.
We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you both back sometime in the near future.