“fab location and service”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End
Ranked #405 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We had a great stay at the Doubletree Hilton for a 1 night business trip.

Staff on reception were very friendly and being given a warm freshly baked cookie was a nice bonus. We were upgraded to a larger room which was appreciated as I had my family with me.

The room was spacious and the bed was huge. The phone wasn't working but maintenance were requested for the following day.

The location is fab, just a few minutes walk from Holborn tube and a 5-10 minute walk to Coven Garden.

Breakfast was plentiful, a great range and very tasty.

Our only gripe was that as it is the festive season there was a loud disco on which we could hear on the 2nd floor due to the loud base. I asked when it was due to end and was told 1am, which I expect at this time of year. It did cause us to struggle to get to sleep, and the hotel could turn the music down a bit because if its affecting the 2nd floor then I just very glad I wasn't on the first floor!!! Perhaps over the festive season ask for a higher room or take your own ear plugs!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Peadar M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your positive and valued comments on your recent experience with us.

It is a pleasure to notice that you have returned to our hotel after a positive experience in August, and that you enjoyed our welcoming service and signature cookie, our comfortable rooms and the DoubleTree Wake Up Breakfast buffet.
However I am sorry to learn that you were disturbed by the private Christmas Parties that we were hosting in the hotel. We do always try to avoid generating any disruptions to other guests and we will be sure to remain attentive to the comfort of all through better sound control and sensible room allocations.

We do hope to welcome you again soon!

Best Regards
p.mcfadden@dtlondonwestend.com

Write a ReviewReviews (3,222)

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Booked a double room including breakfast during the Hilton 'flash sale' and got a great rate. Arrived at the hotel to be greeted by very friendly front of house staff and a warm 'welcome cookie'! As I was staying with my daughter, the gentleman on reception offered us a twin room which was not available when I booked but much better for us. The reception area was large and bright with plenty of comfortable seating. Wi-Fi was not included in the rate for the room but was available FOC in the bar area. We left our bags with the concierge as the room wasn't available until 1500. When we returned to the hotel at around 2130 we were offered another warm cookie whilst our keys were processed (my daughter loved this!) the twin room was spacious, bright, clean and modern with windows that opened. It had everything we needed with comfortable beds, quilts and cushions, a room safe, iron/ironing board, hairdryer, (lit) desk with power points, (interior lit) wardrobe, TV and separate heating unit as the wall control was not working. The bathroom was quite small but had thick, fresh towels and toiletries. Even though our view was over an interior courtyard, the hotel had tried to make it a little more appealing by adding a fake grass effect to the surfaces and large potted plants. Our server at breakfast was very helpful and extremely smiley, infact all the staff we came across were happy and helpful There was a good hot breakfast buffet with an 'omelette chef' and also fresh fruit, cereals, breads, cheeses, cold meats etc.
The hotel was a good 10 minute walk to Tottenham Court Rd or Covent Garden.
I would definitely use it again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your delightful review and for your time taken to share such positive comments.

It is truly a pleasure to learn that you've enjoyed your stay with us, and that you liked our comfortable bedrooms, the variety of the breakfast buffet and the friendliness of our team.
I have made sure to share your review with everyone and do hope to have the pleasure of being your host a on a new future occasion!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I have attended lots of work meetings at Hilton hotels but this was the first time I had stayed in one. Overall it was a good experience and I would have awarded 5 stars if it weren't for a few little niggles.

Check in was fine and we were asked if we wanted the famous cookie at pre check in or if we wanted it later when our room was available, I said later and this was a mistake. When we returned after 3pm to check in I asked about the cookie and was told they didn't have any at the moment but they would send 2 upto our room, unfortunately they never appeared so I never got to taste one of the amazing cookies!! At pre check in I also asked to book a table in the restaurant for later that evening and saw her write it down. When we turned up at the restaurant for our reservation, the booking had never been made and from the reaction of the staff in the restaurant, this didn't come as a surprise. Fortunately they squeezed us in.

Our stay at the Hilton on the whole was a positive one, the location was perfect and the staff were on the whole very pleasant. I am not sure though if the concierge was having a bad couple of days whilst we were there but he was a little grumpy when we spoke to him on each occasion.

These were only minor niggles and I would return and hopefully experience the cookie next time!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Peadar M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for your positive review regarding your recent stay with us.

Although I was very happy to hear that you overall had an enjoyable experience with us, I sincerely regret to hear that you were disappointed by a few setbacks with our service.
I was very sorry to learn that you didn't receive our signature welcome Chocolate Chip Cookie and that your dinner reservation was not passed on to our Restaurant Team.
I have shared your feedback with the team for them to investigate and prevent any future reoccurrence. Our guest's comfort and satisfaction is our very first priority and I would like to warmly thank you for bringing such matters to our attention for improvement.

We do hope to welcome you again on your next trip to London.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I just wanted to credit Vova who was on the reception desk when I arrived. He made me extremely welcome and upgraded me to a superb room. All the staff were friendly and helpful that I came across on my 1 night business stay and I would be very pleased to be booked in here again. Thank you!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Peadar M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your wonderful review.

I am very pleased to read that you had a wonderful stay with us, and that Vova was able to provide you with an upgraded room for your comfort during your stay as well as provide you with his usual great customer service.

We look forward to welcome you back at the DoubleTree by Hilton London West End in the very near future.

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Booked through Hotwire and got a twin room which initially we were disappointed to hear but the hotel is in a brilliant location, our room was lovely and spotless, and the price (£84) proved amazing value. This couldn't have been better for only our second night away from the children this year!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Peadar M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton London West End.

I am very pleased to hear about your positive stay with us and we are looking forward to welcome you back on a new occasion soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 29 November 2013

I stayed in the hotel for travelling last week.

First of all location was great right in the middle of the city where I can go anywhere easily.

Check - in was very efficient and quick. Very attentive front desk people. Concierge was so much experienced people as well.
My room was big enough for a person and good tv channel as well. No problems wieh A/C in this hotel. Strongly recommened.

I really enjoyed time in the bar.
All the staff was very friendly and very professional. Bartender from Italy was professional !Especially, managers talked to me and advised me very nice bottle of wine and dessert, which I really needed for !
I don't know his name but he's indian looking guy. Special thanks to him !
Banquet seemed very busy and looked like hotel has got good facility for it and staff were working very hard which gave me great inspiration and happiness.

While I was staying in a hotel, steak food as the best I've ever had. If you're looking for good beef steak. you don't need to go to Angus beef house etc.. This is the place.

Speical thanks to great service / staff, I was really happy while I was there.

Thanks

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for such positive review on your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton London West End

It is an absolute pleasure to read about the good feedback and the wonderful stay you had whilst staying with us. I will make sure to share your review with the whole team whom will be very pleased to read such good comments.

We look forward to welcome you back on a new occasion.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Stayed here for one night. Room rates are not cheap, but location is superb. Within walking distance to Holborn Tube Station and lots of restaurants right outside. The room is small, but compact. The bed was a double bed, sufficient for 2 of us, with lots of pillows thrown in. The only grouse we had was no wi-fi in the rooms, but the front desk staff handled our complaint on that really well.

Room Tip: Our room faced an indoor courtyard.