DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End
Ranked #387 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“JS”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Good location for Central London. Close to both Russel Square & Holburn tube stations. Plenty of pubs and restaurants in the very near location for a snack, meal or drink. I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We really enjoyed our stay. The hotel has a great location, friendly staff on reception and in the restaurant and offers a warm welcome. We'd recommend this for families, couples, solo travellers. It is convenient for two underground stations and the West End theatres are just a couple of stops away.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank BarbaraCuth427
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This is a very welcoming hotel near Holborne, its situated near some nice resturants and pubs. The staff are very friendly and helpful and you get a welcoming warm cookie when you check in.
The rooms are spacious and clean and the robes feel great. Breakfast is good and there is a massive choice of things to eat.
My only issue would be having to pay for the internet in your room (it is free in the bar area on the ground floor) surely when paying this amount for a room at least the first hours internet usage could be free?

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Peadar M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your delightful review on your recent stay with us.

I was very happy to learn that you enjoyed your time at our hotel, and that you liked our clean and comfortable rooms, our Wake Up DoubleTree breakfast and our friendly team!

I do hope to welcome you again soon, the next time that you are in London!

pittsburgh
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This is a very convenient hotel for the west end. The British Museum, Covent Garden, Trafalgar Square and several theatres are all within a 15 minute walk. We used the Holborn tube station which is two blocks to the right when you walk out of the hotel. We found this more convenient than the Regent Square station. Buses stop right outside the hotel.

The staff is excellent. The beds were the most comfortable I have ever slept in the the UK. There is a lot of street noise as this is a busy area. Rooms tend to be small.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Recently spent a weekend in London and this hotel was in the ideal location for many attractions and some great restaurants. On arrival we were greeted by very friendly staff and told where breakfast would be served and given a warm chocolate chip cookie (delicious). Our room was of a nice size for a standard room which was very tastefully decorated. The bathroom was spotless with complimentary toiletries. The tea and coffee making facilities were good and the bottles of water was a nice touch. We found the hotel surroundings very nice with good comfortable seating areas. Breakfast was superb with a great choice and the waitresses were very nice and accommodating. Fresh food was topped up regularly and was never let to run out. No complaints at all wished I could have eaten more but was so full with all that choice. As the weather was so brilliant we walked to many places ( Covent garden, London eye, theatre, Selfridges etc.) Would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay here again. Stayed here for two nights and slept great not a problem with street noise, .

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review regarding your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to learn that you had such an enjoyable experience with us and that you liked the friendliness of our team, the comfort of our rooms and the quality of our Wake Up Doubletree breakfast buffet.

I do hope to have the pleasure of being your host again on your next trip to London!

Best Regards

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last weekend for a special occasion.
The location is the only positive remark I can make.
Poor, unfriendly reception at check in, tiny "deluxe" room (where we could not even see the television because of the poor design) and poor breakfast left us feeling extremely disappointed in our choice of hotel. Our waitress at breakfast forgot our tea/coffee order and when we asked a second time she got the order wrong. There were no apologies to this, simply an "Oh Jesus" exclamation from her.

I stayed in a premier inn for a quarter of the price last month and my experience there far outranks the Doubletree Hilton.

I would advise to seriously consider other "luxury" hotels in this price range if you are looking for a special break.

2 Thank Elizabeth M
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable comments in regards to your recent experience with us.

Although I was happy to learn that you liked our central location, I truly regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the size and design of your room, and that you encountered some unacceptable issues with the service provided at reception and at breakfast. Rest assured that your honest feedback has been shared and addressed to the relevant team for them to investigate and ensure that our standards and attentive attitude is consistently being provided to our valued guests.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again, and to provide you with the high standard of service that will restore your faith in us.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed over on a Saturday night. I did get the famous cookie when I checked in (although they said it was the 'last one' - I presume I should have been eternally grateful?) but they came onto me like a ton of bricks to pay more for an upgrade ('only if I wanted to') only to be given a room on the side street (avoid these at all cost) as - what felt to me - was in pay-back for not wanting to spend more. Respectable room but the noise from people emptying the dumpster the following morning was out of this word. It was as if I was sleeping on the side-walk.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike N
Peadar M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable comments regarding your recent experience at our hotel.

I truly regret to learn that you were disappointed by the service provided at our front desk and that you were not satisfied with your room, as you encountered some noise coming from the bin collection. I can assure you that such matters are complete exceptions to our usual standards and that they will be investigated. Our rooms at the back of the hotel are usually very quiet and we have already contacted the refuse company in order to ensure a later collection time to prevent further issues.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again and to provide you with the level of service that we are renowned for.