“Convenient Bloomsbury hotel”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End
Ranked #395 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This hotel is about five minutes' walk to Holborn tube station, and close to the British Museum, so it would be a good base for a city-centre holiday in London. I was attending a conference at the London School of Economics, about 15 minutes away, so the hotel was convenient. The room was small but well set out, and the bathroom was spacious by the standard of city-centre hotels. There was a small problem with a non-functioning room key when I arrived, but this was quickly sorted out, and the hotel gave me a complimentary breakfast and free wifi for the two nights I was staying to compensate me for the inconvenience. The breakfasts were high quality buffet-style, with good choice.

Room Tip: I had a quiet inside room. I suspect that the rooms overlooking Southampton Row (a busy thoroughfare...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Peadar M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback and for taking the time to review your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton London - West End.

We are delighted to read that you overall enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our breakfast.

We do hope to welcome you again in a near future.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I recently visited London with my family for 5 days. This hotel was in a good location and the staff was generally very helpful, especially the concierge staff. Unfortunately our room had an A/C issue which wasn't resolved until our 3rd night in the room. When I requested some acknowledgement of this failure in the form of a credit to our bill, I received no response. I followed up with an e-mail and have received no response. They will not receive our business during future trips.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Peadar M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

We are happy to see that you are happy with the service provided from our staff. However, we are sorry to notice that you seem to have experienced issues with our heating/cooling system. We have immediately shared your feedback with the relevant department for them to investigate and resolve as appropriate.

Our guest comfort and satisfaction is our first priority and we would welcome the opportunity to restore your faith in us. Please contact me directly to discuss it further and I can assure you of our best attention moving forward. My email address is p.mcfadden@dtlondonwestend.com

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Wonderful hotel, we had an appointment at great Ormond Street and it is perfectly located, we walked into Covent gardens and around also, which was lovely as the walk you felt safe and close. A brilliant hotel with fantastic staff, do not look further!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback and for taking the time to review your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton London West End.

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and have graded our services with such high scores. It is a real pleasure to learn that your experience with us was a success.

We do hope to welcome you back on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

If you choose Hilton to "get your points" -- you'll be putting up with a lot -- if you stay here. The lobby looks like one of the hotels in Reno, with purple discotech panels/inserts on the walls, and fake blown glass fixtures. The lobby carpet is filthy. My room had plastic/fake wood paneling and Ikea furniture. The light in the bathroom was hanging by it's wiring. The wash cloth was filthy/stained. My office is in the Holborn area, so it is convenient. If you need to be in the Holborn area, stay at the Rosewood around the corner. It's more expensive but worlds away. This hotel was about 25 pounds more than I paid the previous week for a top-notch boutique hotel in Mayfair district. That's the cost of being cheap. Is it worth it?

Room Tip: don't get a room here at all.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Max98116

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your time to review your recent stay with us.

I regret to hear you are entirely dissatisfied with your recent stay at our hotel. Please contact me directly to discuss it further and I can assure you of our best attention moving forward. My email address is p.mcfadden@dtlondonwestend.com

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Staff and decor, very lovely.
Quality of food, extremely poor.
When spending £30 per person, you expect the food quality to look and taste of something better than what you could make at home. Sandwiches were sparse (one cucumber slice on dry bread with butter), and we ended up not eating them because they tasted days old. Same with the sweets, all looked a bit manky and old. Scones were okay, but honestly just felt like a waste of money. Would not eat there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to provide us with your feedback.

I am sorry to hear of your recent experience in our restaurant. Let us assure you that the situation witnessed are complete exceptions to our usual high standards. We would be very keen on making matters up to you and restoring your faith in us should you decide to return to the hotel.

Please contact me directly to further discuss you comments and we will ensure that every detail of your stay is given our best attention. Please email me directly under h.ewald@dtlondonwestend.com

Holger Ewald
F&B Manager

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We have stayed several times at this hotel and will not stay at any other Bloomsbury area hotel. Very pleasant, helpful staff, typically European smaller room that was very nice with everything one possibly needed, great chef, nice lobby and bar area, and a 5 minute walk from the British Museum and either Holhorn or Russell Square tube station. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My Boyfriend and I visited for the weekend in November.
Location from Kings cross, shops, museums and attractions is perfect.
Warm cookie given to us on arrival at check in desk and shown to a small yet comfortable and nicely finished room.
Hotel stay was great - buffet breakfast nice and we ate in the restraunt one evening. Reasonably priced and amazing food (especially salmon fishcakes).
When we return to London, we will most definately stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple