“Expectations” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #378 of 1,089 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Expectations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

The doubletree Hilton has exceeded my expectations.

I didn't expect a jammed switch, which meant a bedroom light stayed permanently on.

I didn't expect that to remain unfixed 24 hours after it was reported.

I didn't expect to have to unscrew a lightbulb at night.

I didn't expect curtain tracks 2" narrower than the window, so the light floods in round the edges.

I didn't expect gooey stains on the carpet.

Or scratched brown furniture I've previously associated with student halls.

Or four days internet costing more than four months at home.

Still, they gave me a cookie. Which makes them better than a travellodge. Right?

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Motorina
Peadar M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

Firstly allow us to apologize profusely on failing to meet your expectations on this occasion. I would like to assure you that the situation encountered is a complete exception to our usual high standards and that every measure will be taken to prevent a re-occurrence.

Our Guest comfort and satisfaction is our first priority and we would welcome the opportunity to restore your faith in us. Please contact me directly if you wish to discuss these matters further and for arranging a new booking, where I will ensure that every detail is given the best attention. My email address is p.mcfadden@dtlondonwestend.com

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed at the Double Tree Southampton Row in London for one night and although the room was quite large, it was very noisy. It was right on the road at street level and opposite a children's playground. Also, it was adjacent to the hotel's delivery room hence vans kept pulling up outside and banging around. At 5am the dustcart pulled up outside my room and crash around for 30 mins. All in all not a good room - and this was meant to be an executive room, really not impressed. Have stayed in over 10 hotels this year, many of them Hilton group, this is by far the worst stay I've had.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Guest,

We were very sorry to hear that you encountered some noise disturbance during your stay in your room. We have recently surveyed and replaced all of our secondary glazing where required, however, with London being a very dynamic city, noise from the street is sometimes hard to bypass. We will be sure that your next stay is a most comfortable one and that such annoyance is prevented. We have left an internal note to ensure that you are offered a quieter room on your next stay with us.

We do hope to have the pleasure of being your host on a new occasion, and to provide you with the level of service that you are accustomed to.

Atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I got a room here from one of those sites where you select the location and star rating and they select the mystery hotel. When I got this four star hotel, with all the great reviews on Tripadvisor, I thought I was in for a treat. Well, it was all fine, a basically forgettable corporate hotel, but the size of the single room - that was memorable - so small, absolutely tiny. The bathroom was nearly as large as the actual room - no exaggeration. Could not have been more that ten feet wide. At checkout I asked if my room was the usual size for a single, thinking they stuck me in the worst room due to my very low rate, but I was assured that its the usual size. Other than that, the location is great (one of my favorite areas in London), but the room - geez, so very teeny tiny.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing DoubleTree by Hilton London West End.

Firstly allow us to apologize profusely on failing to meet your expectations on this occasion. We were very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the size of room allocated. Due to the historical nature of our traditional London building, our rooms do vary in size. We will endeavour to allocate you a larger room on your next stay with us.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future where we will look after your every need.

Winchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

This hotel is about five minutes' walk to Holborn tube station, and close to the British Museum, so it would be a good base for a city-centre holiday in London. I was attending a conference at the London School of Economics, about 15 minutes away, so the hotel was convenient. The room was small but well set out, and the bathroom was spacious by the standard of city-centre hotels. There was a small problem with a non-functioning room key when I arrived, but this was quickly sorted out, and the hotel gave me a complimentary breakfast and free wifi for the two nights I was staying to compensate me for the inconvenience. The breakfasts were high quality buffet-style, with good choice.

Room Tip: I had a quiet inside room. I suspect that the rooms overlooking Southampton Row (a busy thoroughfare...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback and for taking the time to review your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton London - West End.

We are delighted to read that you overall enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our breakfast.

We do hope to welcome you again in a near future.

Fanwood, New Jersey, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

I recently visited London with my family for 5 days. This hotel was in a good location and the staff was generally very helpful, especially the concierge staff. Unfortunately our room had an A/C issue which wasn't resolved until our 3rd night in the room. When I requested some acknowledgement of this failure in the form of a credit to our bill, I received no response. I followed up with an e-mail and have received no response. They will not receive our business during future trips.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Peadar M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We are happy to see that you are happy with the service provided from our staff. However, we are sorry to notice that you seem to have experienced issues with our heating/cooling system. We have immediately shared your feedback with the relevant department for them to investigate and resolve as appropriate.

Our guest comfort and satisfaction is our first priority and we would welcome the opportunity to restore your faith in us. Please contact me directly to discuss it further and I can assure you of our best attention moving forward. My email address is p.mcfadden@dtlondonwestend.com

hull
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Wonderful hotel, we had an appointment at great Ormond Street and it is perfectly located, we walked into Covent gardens and around also, which was lovely as the walk you felt safe and close. A brilliant hotel with fantastic staff, do not look further!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback and for taking the time to review your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton London West End.

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and have graded our services with such high scores. It is a real pleasure to learn that your experience with us was a success.

We do hope to welcome you back on your next visit to London.

Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

If you choose Hilton to "get your points" -- you'll be putting up with a lot -- if you stay here. The lobby looks like one of the hotels in Reno, with purple discotech panels/inserts on the walls, and fake blown glass fixtures. The lobby carpet is filthy. My room had plastic/fake wood paneling and Ikea furniture. The light in the bathroom was hanging by it's wiring. The wash cloth was filthy/stained. My office is in the Holborn area, so it is convenient. If you need to be in the Holborn area, stay at the Rosewood around the corner. It's more expensive but worlds away. This hotel was about 25 pounds more than I paid the previous week for a top-notch boutique hotel in Mayfair district. That's the cost of being cheap. Is it worth it?

Room Tip: don't get a room here at all.
3 Thank Max98116
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your time to review your recent stay with us.

I regret to hear you are entirely dissatisfied with your recent stay at our hotel. Please contact me directly to discuss it further and I can assure you of our best attention moving forward. My email address is p.mcfadden@dtlondonwestend.com