“Second Time is a Charm”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End
Ranked #406 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 9 May 2014

On 16 Dec 2013 I submitted a review of the DoubleTree West End that was not good. In response to my review I received an e-mail from the Manager asking if I would give the hotel a second chance. I did and the level of service was a genuine step up from my previous stay.

I brought my family for a visit to London between Christmas and The New Year. We booked and stayed in one of the apartments on the top floor, which was perfect for the family.

The service was attentive and I received an apology for the problems I had on my previous stay. My family and I had a wonderful time and enjoyed our stay very much. I would recommend the DoubleTree West End for its location, comfort, cleanliness, and the staff. They changed my mind.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Peadar M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback and for taking the time to review your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton London West End.

We are delighted that you gave us a second chance and to learn that your experience with us was a success. Nonetheless, as we warmly welcome your opinion, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you wish to share any further details on this or any other subject.

We do hope to welcome you back on your next visit to London.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,266)

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed at doubletree during may bank holiday. Excellent location, close to tube, nice places to eat breakfast, small but does the job fitness room..Although the room looks small, its comfortable enough for 2 adults and 2 children.excellent stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Peadar M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and have graded our services with such high scores. It is a real pleasure to learn that your experience with us was a success.

We do hope to welcome you back on your next visit to London.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Nice hotel, friendly staff and clean rooms. However, the noise from outside was terrible as it is on one of the busiest roads in the city and the windows do not block any of this. Barely slept because of this. It was a warm day but the climate control in the room would not let me take the temperature below 19oC and the windows didn't open. Issues on check in but I think this was due to complex arrangements. Internet cost £15 but was very weak and support service uncontactable. Breakfast was good.

Dear Guest.

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

We are happy to see that you are satisfied with our team and the breakfast experience. However, we are sorry to notice that you seem to have experienced discomfort around the noise from the street and that you had issues with our air conditioning system. We have immediately shared your feedback with the relevant department for them to investigate and resolve as appropriate.
We have recently surveyed and replaced all of our secondary glazing where required, however, with London being a very dynamic city, noise from the street is sometimes hard to bypass. We will be sure that your next stay is a most comfortable one and that such annoyance is prevented. We will endeavour to allocate you to a quiet room during your next visit.
We are currently upgrading our Wi-Fi facility in order to increase the capacity and make it more user friendly for our guests. I realise that this is a very important facility to many Guests and we aim to offer a high standard of Wi-Fi through-out the Hotel. We also offer complimentary access to all Guests in our public areas and complimentary access as a benefit to all Hilton Honours Gold and Diamond members.

We do hope to welcome you again in a near future.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

The doubletree Hilton has exceeded my expectations.

I didn't expect a jammed switch, which meant a bedroom light stayed permanently on.

I didn't expect that to remain unfixed 24 hours after it was reported.

I didn't expect to have to unscrew a lightbulb at night.

I didn't expect curtain tracks 2" narrower than the window, so the light floods in round the edges.

I didn't expect gooey stains on the carpet.

Or scratched brown furniture I've previously associated with student halls.

Or four days internet costing more than four months at home.

Still, they gave me a cookie. Which makes them better than a travellodge. Right?

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Motorina
Peadar M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Firstly allow us to apologize profusely on failing to meet your expectations on this occasion. I would like to assure you that the situation encountered is a complete exception to our usual high standards and that every measure will be taken to prevent a re-occurrence.

Our Guest comfort and satisfaction is our first priority and we would welcome the opportunity to restore your faith in us. Please contact me directly if you wish to discuss these matters further and for arranging a new booking, where I will ensure that every detail is given the best attention. My email address is p.mcfadden@dtlondonwestend.com

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed at the Double Tree Southampton Row in London for one night and although the room was quite large, it was very noisy. It was right on the road at street level and opposite a children's playground. Also, it was adjacent to the hotel's delivery room hence vans kept pulling up outside and banging around. At 5am the dustcart pulled up outside my room and crash around for 30 mins. All in all not a good room - and this was meant to be an executive room, really not impressed. Have stayed in over 10 hotels this year, many of them Hilton group, this is by far the worst stay I've had.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We were very sorry to hear that you encountered some noise disturbance during your stay in your room. We have recently surveyed and replaced all of our secondary glazing where required, however, with London being a very dynamic city, noise from the street is sometimes hard to bypass. We will be sure that your next stay is a most comfortable one and that such annoyance is prevented. We have left an internal note to ensure that you are offered a quieter room on your next stay with us.

We do hope to have the pleasure of being your host on a new occasion, and to provide you with the level of service that you are accustomed to.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I got a room here from one of those sites where you select the location and star rating and they select the mystery hotel. When I got this four star hotel, with all the great reviews on Tripadvisor, I thought I was in for a treat. Well, it was all fine, a basically forgettable corporate hotel, but the size of the single room - that was memorable - so small, absolutely tiny. The bathroom was nearly as large as the actual room - no exaggeration. Could not have been more that ten feet wide. At checkout I asked if my room was the usual size for a single, thinking they stuck me in the worst room due to my very low rate, but I was assured that its the usual size. Other than that, the location is great (one of my favorite areas in London), but the room - geez, so very teeny tiny.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing DoubleTree by Hilton London West End.

Firstly allow us to apologize profusely on failing to meet your expectations on this occasion. We were very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the size of room allocated. Due to the historical nature of our traditional London building, our rooms do vary in size. We will endeavour to allocate you a larger room on your next stay with us.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future where we will look after your every need.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

This hotel is about five minutes' walk to Holborn tube station, and close to the British Museum, so it would be a good base for a city-centre holiday in London. I was attending a conference at the London School of Economics, about 15 minutes away, so the hotel was convenient. The room was small but well set out, and the bathroom was spacious by the standard of city-centre hotels. There was a small problem with a non-functioning room key when I arrived, but this was quickly sorted out, and the hotel gave me a complimentary breakfast and free wifi for the two nights I was staying to compensate me for the inconvenience. The breakfasts were high quality buffet-style, with good choice.

Room Tip: I had a quiet inside room. I suspect that the rooms overlooking Southampton Row (a busy thoroughfare...