DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End
Ranked #387 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Great”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Great hotel in a great location - look for offers on the price as that's the only down side! Stayed here twice before when it was Park Inn and again when Doubletree by Hilton took over but the price then doubled. Beds are comfy and its lovely and clean and in walking distance to Covent Garden and Oxford Street. What more could you want?

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Peadar M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton London West End.
It is a real pleasure to learn that your experience with us was a success. We do hope to welcome you back on your next visit to London.

Best Regards,
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lossiemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Very poor customer service from check in and throughout stay. Water in room doesn't work and no temperature Control ruined the last day of weekend as had to move room just to shower before check out. Only to be told there was nothing wrong With the shower so it was either Boiling water or off and theats good enough!!!!!! Don't recommend

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Jason W
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at The DoubleTree by Hilton London- West End.
I was very sorry to learn that you were not satisfied with the service and accommodation provided. I believe you were contacted separately by our Duty Manager to address highlighted issues. However, should you wish to share any further comments please feel free to contact me on p.mcfadden@dtlondonwestend.com.

Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I booked a Doubletree rather than a typical quaint European hotel because I was hoping for more of an American-style bathroom. My main complaint was the shower was more of a mist and the glass shower door made it hard to keep the water in the tub. The teen girls in my group complained they weren't easily able get their hair wet. The hotel is tastefully decorated in a contemporary style. The breakfast is nice. The staff is helpful and friendly. My bed was a little worn out with a sagging mattress. Air conditioning was spotty and there was a heat wave in London when we were there.

The hotel is well located, just a short walk from the Holborn Underground Station, and the neighborhood is stocked with quite a few restaurants. It is also walkable to many major attractions if you are fit. We walked to the Eye, Trafalgar Square, Big Ben, Parliament and Westminster Abbey.

I'd probably stay here again, but only if the rates were low. They were pretty high when I booked my rooms. With lower room rates, the rating would have been higher.

1 Thank WardHayworth
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The DoubleTree by Hilton London West End.
We are extremely happy to hear that you were satisfied with our team's performance and that you have enjoyed your breakfast during your stay. However, I was very sorry to hear you have encounered issues with the shower in your room. We have an extensive property maintenance plan ongoing to ensure that the quality of maintenance in all guest rooms is of the highest standard. All of our shower heads have been replaced just recently. Please can you send your reservation details or room number to p.mcfadden@dtlondonwestend.com so that I can address the bed/mattress issue highlighted.
Please do contact me directly for future reservations where I will ensure that every detail is given the best attention.

Best Regards,
Northridge
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The very best part of this hotel is the location. Near the heart of the city with quick access to anywhere in London. Two block access to Holborn tube station and a pretty quick 7-8 minute cab ride to Waterloo Train Station. Ample places to eat and all within walking distance. Staff was professional and friendly. Only drawback was the quality/size of the room for the amount paid. I know it's London and the room sizes are nothing like the U.S., but had to upgrade room because the Standard size room for 2 people was just not doable; 1 person would be cramped, but noway two people can stay in those rooms. However, I would stay there again due to the perfect location in the city. Oh, one further thing: great A/C in the rooms!!

Room Tip: Standard room for 1 person is very, very small compared to U.S. Standards.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this review.
We are delighted to read your great comments about our team members, I will ensure to share your comments for their great work. Yes indeed, we are perfectly located within walking distance to many London sites.
I was very sorry to learn that you were not satisfied with the size of your room. All of our rooms differ in size and layout due to the nature of the building. We will endeavour to allocate you a larger room on your next stay with us.

We do hope to welcome you back on your next visit to London.

Best regards,
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Lovely, polite & friendly staff. Clean, modern rooms. Welcome cookie on arrival & jug of juice in reception - a nice touch. Delicious breakfast, with a good selection of fruits and pastries, along with the full English! Well located, 5 min walk from Holborn tube station.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The location of this Hilton DoubleTree property is spectacular … the building itself is nice, location close to the theater district, on the Piccadilly Tube Line direct from Heathrow with convenient tube stops, and close to great attractions and fantastic dining. Arriving at 1p, the rooms were not ready and the front desk promised 1 family suite and the other being upgraded to an executive suite, we stored our bags and thought at first we found a gem.

When we checked in later that evening, we were pleased but far from impressed. The lifts are really cramped and slow and the family suite would be fine for 2. My 3 daughters were staying in it and when you use the family area as a sleeping room it was very cramped with a very small bathroom and feeling generally tired. Might be good for a couple with an infant, but tight for 15 to 23 year olds. The executive king was fine for business but nothing special and again feeling a bit tired. I am Hilton Diamond, so I use a lot of their properties and this one definitely has potential … but until they invest in a more extensive renovation, there are a lot of much more attractive hotel alternatives in London if you are looking for top notch experiences. It didn't help my opinion that a pickpocket attempted to lift my satchel in a rather crowed lounge.

Kudos to the breakfast, however, staff and food did get the family's day started with a smile and some energy.

Room Tip: The lifts are slow and cramped … so during high tour seasons make sure to get a low floor. Family su...
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback.
The hotel is indeed in a good location, I was happy to hear you were upgraded to an executive and family rooms, however I was very sorry to hear that you didn't find them spacious enough. Please note due to the historical nature of our traditional London building, our rooms do vary in size. We will endeavour to allocate you a larger room on your next stay with us. I was very concerned to hear about the attempt to take your satchel.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with further details in order for us to maximize safety and comfort of our guests.

I was however pleased to hear that you did enjoy our breakfast in the morning.

Kind Regards,
p.mcfadden@dtlondonwestend.com
Hatfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I had won a night's stay in a DoubleTree hotel at a Traverse Events Mingle. After much deliberation my partner and I decided to stay at this one in Central London and have a touristy day. The location is excellent, we were able to walk to the British Museum and into Soho for lunch and dinner. We checked in early in the morning, leaving our bags with the concierge, and munching our warm cookies for breakfast. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. The room itself was huge (we upgraded to a double executive). I was able to starfish on the bed, which normally leaves my partner no room, but he still had plenty of bed for himself. My only issue was there not being a bottle opener in the room, we had to open our World Cup Final beers with a teaspoon. Not much of a hardship, but a little niggle. I would definitely recommend this hotel for people wanting to sight-see in Central London.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple