The Tower(London)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$115
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$133/night.

US$206
US$177
  • Fitness centre
US$336
US$304
  • Pool
Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock(London)(Great Value!)
US$134
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$158/night.

Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$659
US$487
Agoda.com
4,492 results
All reviewstrafalgar squarecomplimentary mini barcovent gardennational gallerynespresso machinebottle of champagneperfect locationexecutive roomexcellent hotelwest endlondon eyespecial thankstrain stationbuckingham palacewonderful staybig benreception staff
Reviewed 16 August 2017

The hotel room was really clean and nice. The hotel provide some free snack every day. The staffs here were all very nice and willing to help the hotel guest. The location of this hotel is really nice, close to the National Gallary and Leicester Square. Overall this hotel is a good choice for you if you visit London.

Room Tip: A clean hotel with nice location
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ERIC0913
Charing X, General Manager at Amba Hotel Charing Cross, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear ERIC0913,

Thank you for sharing your kind words and wonderful review on your recent Amba Hotel Charing Cross experience.

It is a pleasure to read your kind words on our welcoming and attentive team and that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

I booked this hotel mainly on the recommendations on this site, and stayed here for a week earlier this month. I agree about many things others have said. The location can hardly be beaten, excellent transport links next door and easy walking distance to many attractions theatres etc.
I had a deluxe double, the bathroom was lovely, the bed was the best I've ever come across in a hotel and the mini bar useful. I did think the room was smaller than it seemed in the pictures on the hotel website, and it overlooked Villiers street; the double glazing did not quite shut out all the noise, nor the smell of fast food, but at least I didn't have to walk far to the lift.
When I checked in, the room had only one chair, a swivel typist type chair with no arms, I did feel that was incompatible with the description 'deluxe' and asked for something comfortable. This was provided, but I got the impression they thought they were doing me a big favour by putting in a cheap bucket chair that was probably 90% MDF, and it irritated me.
Apart from that, the staff were helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: I had a 5th floor room close to the lift. Reasonably quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Pepesmum

Dear Pepesmum,

Thank you for sharing your feedback of your experience with us at Amba Hotel Charing Cross.

I am delighted that you highlight our fantastic location which is perfect for sightseeing and discovering many of London's highlights. I am also pleased that you found the team to be helpful and friendly.

We look forward to your return to London.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

We have been there for the third time. It was wonderful as every year and we will come again.
Our room was greatful and all staff very helpful. We also enjoyed the breakfast and the small
talk with the older Isabel, she is funny. The place of the hotel is also very good for visiting a musical.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank jutta_heinrich

Dear jutta_heinrich,

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review of your Amba Hotel Charing Cross experience!

I am absolutely thrilled that you mention Isabel. She creates a 'home away from home' for all of our guests, and I am delighted that she has, once again, delivered!

I do hope to welcome you back to Amba Hotel Charing Cross soon again.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for the first leg of our European vacation. It's conveniently located next to the tube and walking distance to all the major attractions. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The shower water pressure was awesome!

Something we wish we would had known prior to booking is that the hotel is connected to a railway station. There were a lot of homeless people surrounding the hotel a night. We can imagine this could make someone traveling alone feel uncomfortable. Everything else was great though - perhaps that just comes with staying so central.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Pablo P,

I am thrilled that you found the team to be both friendly and helpful.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again on your next visit to London.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Had a wonderful day at the Amba. We were getting married nearby and the staff were extremely kind and helpful. Had a cake delivered to the room and vouchers for champagne at the bar. The check in staff were exceptionally friendly and the room was quite spacious and well equipped for London. The price also compared very well to nearby places. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank alf1968
Charing X, General Manager at Amba Hotel Charing Cross, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Dear alf1968,

Thank you for sharing your 5 star review of your recent stay with us at Amba Hotel Charing Cross.

I'd like to wish you a huge congratulations on your marriage and I am thrilled that you enjoyed the whole experience with us.

Kind regards,