“Five star quiet luxury”

The Landmark London
Ranked #52 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 27 May 2011

We stayed for four nights attending my sisters wedding. The location is great a short 15 minute stroll to Oxford street and a short taxi ride to most places. The main body of the hotel, lounge and receptions are all spotless and the staff are all where you need them to be as it were, opening doors or carrying luggage. Our room was gorgeous, thick carpet big comfortable mattress and very roomy for a central London hotel and I have stayed in most of the best. Bathroom was big too lots of light. My family were in other rooms and all were as lovely as ours, my sisters suite was again roomy for London and so nicely decorated. The Afternoon tea was simply delicious, served in the winter garden central restaurant the ambiance is perfect. The staff were attentive but not too much and the mini pastries and sweets delicious. The buffet breakfast was even better and such good value I can hardly believe it. We had a snifter in the mirror bar a bijoux little place to sit in a comfy chair and kick back and relax. The whole stay was just everything you want in a hotel. What a building, I am looking for any excuse to book in for more of this five star luxury.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Landmark London

Reviewed 27 May 2011

Having stayed in hotels such as the Dorchester and La Samana, I rate the Landmark as having the best trained, most efficient and most friendly staff of them all.

Reviewed 26 May 2011

Normally stay Kensington but this hotel handier with wealth of taxis at the rear. Impressed with the calm check in as many hotels can be like a noisy hurried football match. The hotel and sumptious large room both were great. Next time I shall ask for one of the inner rooms then no road noise at all. In room breakfast first class delivery,presentation and quality. Their Mirror Bar needs to be better though...too small and not befitting. Sure the bar on the atrium should stay open instead. All in all very good and would return

1  Thank HarryManchesterUK
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2011

Thank you very much for your great feedback on your recent stay with us, we are delighted that you enjoyed your visit. On your next visit can I suggest our twotwentytwo bar and restaurant, it is a very spacious bar and a contrast to the more intimate Mirror Bar. I am sure that you will enjoy it.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Landmark London on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 24 May 2011

i stayed here for a couple of nights, due to an event i had to go to.
The location of the hotel was excellent as i travelled by train. i stayed at the superior room, it was gorgeous, very spacious, huge bed, beautiful decor. i had a lovely facial done at the spa which is situated in the hotel, which made it very convenient. the staff were wonderfull so helpful, polite made you feel very welcome. being a burns victim i knew i needed more assistance than the usual person thus the hotel staff and concierge made this possible.
The Landmark is one of the best hotels in london!

Room Tip: superior room perfect for a solo traveller.
Reviewed 23 May 2011

My wife and I went to London for business and booked this hotel through Luxury Link. The hotel was extremely accommodating to our dates (Luxury Link has black-out dates) and the deal was quite special for 4 nights. I imagine this hotel was quite spectacular years ago. The lobby areas are a little "dated" now, but the the rooms are quite spacious and very comfortable. Our stay included breakfast each morning with was very good. There is a tube stop across the street from the hotel that will get you anywhere in London within 5-10 minutes. The staff was extremely friendly and even chased me down after the bell hop noticed I left my camera in the back of a cab. Whew!

All in all....a nice place.

Reviewed 23 May 2011

This was our third visit and all I can say is Perfect!

Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2011

We have stayed here a couple of times. The rooms are spacious, the bathroom is divine, and the personnel is fine. Lovely urroundings, and very quiet rooms. Real value for money! The only comment I have is the breakfast. For 25 pounds, I expect lovely variety in bread, yoghurts, teas and waters. That is not the case. I have had breakfast in many 5 star hotels (SOHO, MayFair, Park Plaza, four Seasons, Ritz), and I have never experienced such a poor quality breakfast. 25 pounds is a rip off!
The rooms are impeccable. So my tip: do not hesitate to book a room (because you get the best), but eat your breakfast somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2011

Thank you so much for giving us 5 stars, we are delighted that you are recommending us but really sorry that you did not enjoy our breakfast. We have such a large array to cover all of our guest’s needs, from continental, full English, A la Carte as well as the Breakfast To Go from our Room Service, all differently priced. I am sorry that you did not find something that suited your needs.

Hopefully on your next visit, we will be able to offer you something that suits you better

Kind Regards