The Landmark London
US$256
US$233
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$212
Rosewood London(London)
US$588
US$491
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$159
US$215
US$171
galahotels.com
US$312
US$292
3,135 results
All reviewswinter gardenmarylebone stationmirror barafternoon teabeautiful hotelmarylebone high streetfive star hotelregents parkexecutive roombottle of champagnefamily roomwest endatriumspaconciergeluxurydoorman
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Have stayed at many first class, four & five star, hotels, and the landmark rates with the best of them. Would definitely rebook.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Executive_Office222, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2011

Many thanks indeed for your very kind words. Please do contact me personally should you wish to rebook at the hotel. We will be delighted to welcome you back
Douglas Glen
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 18 September 2011

We ended our trip in Europe at The Landmark. We walked from Paddington Station to the front door which was under construction. We saw no signs with any direction. We walked ALL the way around the building to the back door with Bellman, who pointed to go straight... After going straight we saw no one... after turning around we finally saw another person who again "just pointed" & said go that way. This is a very large hotel. We finally made it to the front desk. We were checked in by a "training" receptionist. She was not friendly & could not make any suggestions on nearby restaurants, etc. we even asked about a taxi for departure & She went & asked conceierge & said just go out the back door, walk across the street to tube & you will see taxi stand. The location is away from everything you will want to visit on your trip. Other than that it is a beautiful hotel. That's about it! Stayed at The Rubens at beginning of our trip, wish we hadn't already booked this.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Judy B
The_Landmark_London, Director of Marketing at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2011

I am so sorry that you had a poor experience with us. We have indeed just renovated our flag stones at our Marylebone entrance. During this work we were using a temporary entrance on Marylebone Road as well as our North Entrance opposite the station and taxi rank.

To assist our guests, we always try to use human signage and encourage our staff not to point but to escort our guests to their destination. I am so sorry that during your stay with us you did not have this experience and in fact had the opposite, I am hoping that our staff were escorting other guests at the time of your arrival, but obviously can not be at all sure.

So many of our guests love our location, being in a slightly quieter, residential area of Marylebone, yet with tubes and taxis on hand and a pleasant area for walking. I am sorry that our team did not share with you the secret gems we have on our doorstep, which may have made all of the difference to your stay with us.

If you were visiting London again, I would love to share with you the glories of our location and hope that you may think of us on your next visit.

I hope the rest if your stay in London was wonderful and that you will choose to come back to the UK and hopefully The Landmark in the future

Kind Regards

Sally Beck
Director of Marketing

Reviewed 18 September 2011

From our arrival to our departure this Hotel was amazing. The staff were friendly, helpful & made you feel welcomed. The accommodations were great- room decor, shower and bath were all first class. The Hotel was restored to it's brilliant opulence and it was so enjoyable to just lounge around- not that we ever had that much time! Afternoon tea is a must! Though expensive (even by this NY'ers standards) it was still well worth it; truly a memorable experience. The Hotel is directly across from the Marylebone Tube Station which made travel very convenient. For breakfast we enjoyed this place across the street from the back of the hotel- the name of which escapes me, but very reasonably priced. (caution-their bacon is not like ours!) Overall quite a wonderful vacation.

Room Tip: We were in a room which directly overlooked the atrium- nice location
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

We were delighted to read your very kind comments and equally thrilled we contributed to a wonderful vacation and created some memorable experiences for you. Thank you from all the staff at The Landmark for your very kind feedback
Douglas Glen
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 15 September 2011

i was going to London and made up my mind" i am not staying in tiny rooms" as so many hotels are. so i reserved at the landmark. it is not cheap at all but i was thinking the rooms are roomy and the are~
however the staff is really treating the guests (ok, me) as someone who was born yesterday or never traveled before.
i called the hotel before leaving the usa and asked for early check in "lady we will do our best"
then i arrived dead tired after a red eyed flight and long lines at the airport. at 11 am they then informed me that its not possible and i need to wait they tried but can't give me a room now. they will "keep my luggage gladly" really? how sweet you are i wanted to say. went to have 12 dollars tea and waited as they said 30 min. i had my tea and came back "sorry not ready yet" ok by now i am not smiling i went to seat again at the lobby and came back after 30 min. nope no room she said with English smile of fake apology (i am a ware its not just English. smiling) then she informed me that if i had paid for the night before i will get the room. how smart of her to point such "unknown fact". i got the room 2 hours later and she pointed to me that i still got it 2 hours "before".
the room was grand and the bathroom were huge with full bath and full shower. the decor was elegant. 22 dolllars wifi, the view was none. and some of the room elements were tires like my sheers at the window was torn. not too classy i will say.
then the best was the doorman's that will stood outside in both entrance and will not help you with the doors which are heavy. time and time again as if i didn't seem to be the kind of a guest who were needed to bothered for.
the concierge gave me a dirty look when i asked for a map and didn't tip him. heloooo your job is to help and get tip for great service a map is not great service! beside i really think that when its comes to old style hotels tips are getting to be such a demanding ways.
on the day before my departure the hotel was more like a zoo and the wonderful element of chic was gone.
i liked one person in the front guest the one who checked me out. her name was Camilla, or maybe it was just because i was happy to leave an old stuffed up establishment that did not stay thru to their core being which is "guests are your paycheck"!
if the hotel will be on 80% i will stay here again other wise i was looking at other hotels and taken notes of where i will stay next time.
i did get some sunshine in london so i am lucky after all ...smiling

Room Tip: ask for the family room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank navawritz
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I was here for a week this past month. Overall the accomodations and service were excellent. The staff was polite, thoughtful, and attentive. The rooms were very nice (and quite large by London standards). The atrium is wonderful and the meeting rooms were quite nice.

The only negatives were the price (even by London standards - ouch) and the location. It is wonderful to have the Marleybone station across the street but the hotel is a bit out of the way (unless of course your visitt focuses on Marleybone). Some wonderful parks within an easy walk but most of the sights, dining, and nightlife required more logistics than I would ideally prefer at this price point.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business