“Highly recommend the Champagne Breakfast.”

The Landmark London
Ranked #53 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 25 November 2011

My *husband* and I spent a few days here after our wedding in honor of our "mini-moon". We couldn't have asked for a more lovely experience. The room was nice. The bathtub was amazing. And I especially loved complimentary toiletries. I have now become a fan of "The White Company" because of this hotel.

The food, I must say, is the real reason we enjoyed this hotel so much. Lounging around in our robes, relaxing, ordering room service; we were living the life! Haha. The spiced potato wedges are THEE BEST I have ever had! Not too spicy & extremely crunchy. A dream. But, the real winner here was the Champagne Breakfast. We were full the entire day!

2 lattes; 2 cereals; 2 yogurts; 2 large helpings of fruit; 4 pain au chocolats & croissants; 2 juices/smoothies; 2 pots of milk; 2 steak & fried egg plates with (what I think is hollandaise sauce; not sure though); champagne; and the wonderful feeling of literally getting out of bed, putting on a robe, and eating.

Seriously. Worth the treat. *:)

Room Tip: We used lastminute.com. In the past we've gotten rubbish rooms, but this one was rather quiet &a...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,984)

Reviewed 22 November 2011

We spent two nights at the Landmark recently, having landed an excellent deal through Lastminute.com. We arrived late afternoon and discovered that our run of house room was, in fact, a superior room. It was very spacious, looking inwards to the courtyard that is the Winter Garden, famous for its palm trees. This could be a disadvantage for those who want to go to bed early but are light sleepers as you can hear the piano in the courtyard playing until late evening. The bathroom was also large, with a good sized bath and twin vanity units and high quality White Company toiletries. The loo was through a separate door, a continental idea which I like a lot.

We found all the staff in the hotel very well trained, responsive and polite. The room was clean and well serviced and the hotel provides a turndown service. There was also a huge flatscreen TV with a good range of channels.

The Winter Garden is a lovely area and the Mirror Bar is also fab, albeit very expensive but hey, it's London and this is a five star hotel.

I did have some niggles - the water simply wouldn't switch over from shower to bath so to have a bath, we had to fill it from the showerhead which was a rather protracted process but after a long day on our feet, we went for it anyway. My biggest complaint, however, is charging £14.50 for 24 hours wirelss internet access in your room. Large hotels commit daylight robbery when they charge for web access and this was one of the worst offenders I've ever come across!!

There is also no tea or coffee making materials. They probably hope you'll order room service but at over £6 for a latte, we simply walked round to Marylebone station right behind the hotel where there's plenty of choice, including a nice French-style bakery/cafe with good coffee and great pasties.

We didn't use the leisure facilities so can't comment on the pool, gym or spa but the literature did imply that there was a charge.

Overall we felt we had a great stay especially given the price we paid although I'm not sure I'd have felt quite the same if I'd paid the full rate.

Room Tip: You need to weight up the noise from the Winter garden against the noise from two busy rooads either...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Executive_Office222, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2011

Please accept my sincere apologies for the bath not operating to the required standard as clearly it should have been. I do hope that our team were able to assist you in order to have this rectified during your stay. Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention together with the pricing of internet and coffee. We have available in our business centre, complimentary wifi for all our guests and we will be delighted to provide this for you on future stays.
Your very kind comments regarding the staff at the hotel together with the facilities offered is very much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to write to us and sharing your very positive and constructive feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Landmark in the very near future

With kind regards

Reviewed 22 November 2011

Stayed here twice business trips. Location is great as Underground station is directly opposite, service impeccable, Rooms facing inner courtyard are enormous by european standards and also very quite. Highly recommended although pricy (even by London standards).

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your very kind comments and we were very pleased to read you enjoyed our bedrooms that face into the hotels atrium and Winter Garden. We do look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 21 November 2011

This hotel has got all the modern comfort and cosy english style .
The staff is pleasant helpful and on watch.
the room are very spacious and comfortable.

Room Tip: the Deluxe room is beautiful, large , and comfortable. Very big bathroom, separate toilet. Large...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

We were delighted to read your very kind comments regarding our facilities and service offered together with the comfort you found within our deluxe bedrooms.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us.

Reviewed 19 November 2011

This is a brilliant hotel on so many levels. The rooms are spacious, the service is excellent, the facilities are all great. Certainly it is very expensive, but it's five star, and five star in London seems to be pretty much the highest one pays (comparitively a similar hotel in New York, for example, wouldn't be the same amount). It's generally a five star experience allround here, and that covers pretty much the whole thing - staff, toiletries, fixtures, fittings, etc. There are a couple of things I will mention, as they are things to keep in mind at any rate, and whilst these are 'negative,' they are for consideration and did in no way diminish my enjoyment of this hotel. I arrived earlier than check in so was not surprised to find my room not ready, however I was surprised that 90 minutes after check in my room was still not ready - finally got in almost 2 hours after I should have). Phone calls (ie. local calls) are ridiculously expensive, and you should avoid these. The palm court is gorgeous, but it's incredibly noisy once you're in it, so if you're after a quiet breakfast or drink, find somewhere away from the throng. The surrounding area to the hotel is incredibly busy and dirty, so don'ty be shocked when you arrive at Marylebone station because until you're in the building you won't see any five star at all.

Room Tip: I have deliberately left out a Value rating as I am NOT a high income person and treated myself to t...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Zaubie
Reviewed 15 November 2011

We stayed here for an Information Technology hosted by The451Group and what a treat. The service was impeccable and food outstanding. From the doorman to the waitress and maid service it was really great.

It is a absolutely beautiful hotel in a great location

Highjly recommend!

Room Tip: We had a suite and loved it!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank NewYorkBeachTraveler
Executive_Office222, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2011

Your very kind comments regarding the food and service received from the team are very much appreciated. We are so delighted that you enjoyed the experince at the Landmark and very much look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
Thank you for taking the time to send your very positive comments to us.

Reviewed 15 November 2011

We stayed for 3 nights after getting a great deal on Hotwire.com. The location is good, just across the street from the underground, there is lots of shopping nearby and Oxford St is a short cab ride away.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating, especially the porters and doormen.

The room size was fine for me, but the hotel itself in the hallways and whatnot is a little dated. The atrium area is beautiful, as is the spa, but the Mirror Bar and everywhere else could use some sprucing up. On my first night I was in a very loud room (high traffic area it seems), and asked to switch the next morning for the remaining 2 nights. I was moved to a quieter room on the second floor which was perfect.

My biggest issue with the hotel is they don't seem to be that organized. On the first night someone called my room twice at 5 am. Not sure if it was a room to room call or error at the front desk, but I was very much looking forward to a lie in and it didn't happen. On the third night again someone called very early in the morning, and then housekeeping tried to deliver breakfast (which we didn't order and they insisted we did) and kept knocking on the door despite the "do not disturb" light being on. While they're not "big" problems, they are still little issues that take away from it being a 5* hotel which is part of the Leading Hotels of the World chain.

Like I said, I would stay there again if I got a great deal, but wouldn't even consider it if I had to pay the rack rate.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank janermacp

I am sorry to learn that you were disturbed on occasions during your stay and please accept our sincere apologies for what was clearly a totally inappropriate inconvenience. It was very kind of you to highlight our porters and doorman for their kind service and this is greatly appreciated. We will be delighted to welcome you back and please do contact me personally in order to ensure you have a very comfortable stay with us.
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to send your feedback.