“You won't believe the size of these rooms”

The Landmark London
Ranked #52 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 16 December 2011

I stayed at Landmark London only one night, breaking up a trip from Africa back to the United States. Checking in late one afternoon, I was immediately sorry I was going to only be there one day. From the front desk staff to all the other employees encountered that afternoon, they couldn’t have been more accommodating or friendly.

Checking into my room, I was taken aback with the size and layout of the place. Used to small European rooms, this was nothing like I expected. In addition to a sumptuously comfortable king-sized bed, there was a full sized sofa, chair and coffee table as well as a wonderfully practical full-sized desk. The palette of beiges and cream tones was accented with an African print on the pillows. Gleaming marble throughout the large bath completed the luxury experience.

Grand hotels can be grand but awkward if they don’t accommodate the technology needs of today’s travelers. That’s not a problem here. Plenty of bandwidth on their hi-speed internet and a large flat-panel TV were ready for whatever your media or communication needs.

My room (#461) looked out onto the eight-story atrium where I could watch diners in the Winter Garden restaurant below. The following morning I couldn’t resist trying the breakfast there. It was a fantastic selection of buffet fare as well as cooked to order eggs, sausages, etc. I will guarantee that no one leaves here hungry. Food was piping hot and perfectly presented. This is a place for casual paced dining though. Don’t plan to hurry in, eat and leave. You’ll enjoy your time here.

Room Tip: Room 461 looks out into the atrium so no road noise whatsoever
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelWriterDB
Write a ReviewReviews (3,024)

Reviewed 12 December 2011

We have just come back from a stay in this wonderful hotel.The PA. to the manager,HELEN, was so very kind to me with my booking.I cannot wait to visit this hotel again.
margaret lavery(mrs)

Room Tip: Any room in this hotel will be wonderful.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Executive_Office222, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2011

Dear Mrs Lavery

We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and your are most kind to highlight Helen for her assistance ensuring you had an enjoyable visit to us. Thank you for taking the time to share that and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future

with kind regards

Reviewed 12 December 2011

Location - literally opposite Marlyborne station. Fantastic location for travelling by tube and taxi rank is just outside.

Rooms - The rooms are very big and beautiful with a standard bathroom. Has everything you need for a little weekend break. Very quiet and comfortable.

Staff - The staff were very helpful and friendly. Particularly, the spa staff... i would like to thank them for a fantastic spa session.

Although, we did not have food at the hotel. It looked lovely as we walked through the indoor courtyard section which serves food. I am guttered i did not try the afternoon tea and cakes as this looked very tasty.... next time!

The gym, swimming pool and spa facilities were amazing. I would definitely go here again for a massage.

Thank you for a wonderful stay. People, you must stay here!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carpediem208
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I had a poor stay during some renovation to their kitchens this summer. I returned again for a high tea at the winter gardens, and would like to say the customer service with our food was excellent. I was impressed with standard of the high tea, the sandwiches, scones and sweets were "scrummy." The staff friendly, and very knowledgable about their food. I am hoping to bring back my family now for a future stay.
Well done to the Landmark for changing my views

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amandabracey
Executive_Office222, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to share your feedback following your recent visit. I was delighted to read that we had restored your faith in the hotel through our service and customer engagement.. We will , of course, be delighted to welcome you back in the very near future and thank you very much for returning on this occasion.

with kind regards

Reviewed 5 December 2011

Stay here for 3 nights in November 2011 and I have to say, this property is below expectations. Everything about this property was disappointing:

- Check in: Slow, staff appeared to be trainees and no doormen to assist with luggage (they are only around a few hours each day).
- Room (was an upgrade) was a suite. So the size was fantastic but the furniture was old and too worn out. As my room was facing into the courtyard, it was never bright and always dark. Would be great if you've there for a romantic time, but absolutely bad for any other reason. The bathroom is huge and well appointed but again, odd layout.
- Restaurant: It's ok. The staff are trainees but efficient. They are friendly but please don't ask for anything complicated and beyond the menu.
- Frontdesk staff: They argue! I could not believe it but they argue. This is my second "Leading Hotels of the World" property in 2 months and I have to say, on both visits, the frontdesk staff argue. I don't believe it but they seem to think the 'customer is always wrong'! A total different experience from better chain hotels (Four Seasons, Hyatt, Mandarin, etc) and absolutely not pleasant.
- Only plus is that the bed is very comfortable.
Will not return to this property, even if the location is somewhat good. Finally, this hotel has a lot of conferences. For my entire stay, there were various conference held during the day and in the evening, there would be conference related events that take over a lot of the public space. Therefore, if you are not part of the conference, you don't belong there.

Room Tip: Maybe a room not facing into the courtyard
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank HuarenToronto
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I had Champagne Brunch with my wife recently and I could't ask for more, all my expectations were exceeded. Beautiful venue, stunning interior. The buffet was amazing; great variety of food, absolutely delicious. Unlimited champagne sounded attractive but I was a bit concerned as my wife and I are not big drinkers, yet the champagne was delightful, very fine and we were also offered wine with the main course. The staff was genuine and extremely attentive, my every need was anticipated and we enjoyed talking to them.
The brunch is highly popular and we had to wait for quite sometime for our booking which happened to be in the same week with my wife's birthday. As the booking was made a long time ago we didn't mean to celebrate it there and then but when a birthday cake with a little candle was placed on our table my wife was so overwhelmed by the surprise she almost cried. (it came as a surprise for both of us!!??)
Everything was just perfect and we can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank H T
Executive_Office222, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2011

It was a pleasure indeed to receive your very kind feedback and we were delighted to read that you enjoyed our Sunday Brunch and that the day was a memorable experience for you both. Your very kind comments regarding the team were very well received and we do look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us

kind regards

Reviewed 29 November 2011

Me and my husband stayed here for 1 night as part of my birthday weekend. The Landmark Hotel was amazing and had everything we could have wished for and more. We upgraded our room to an Executive Suite that was so worth the money, very spacious, big bathroom, tv, bathrobe and slippers included. The only downside to this hotel is they don't provide tea and coffee in the room and the food is quite expensive but would expect this from a 5 star hotel.

The Landmark Hotel is in a perfect location with the Marylebone Station just 2 minutes behind the hotel which is very handy for the use of the underground. For us it was only one tube to Oxford Street and 2 tubes to the Victoria Station for the theatre.

We used the spa in the morning which was very lovely, relaxing and perfect to end the weekend, very clean and was again given bathrobes and slippers for use by the pool, there is a £10 charge each for this service but was worth the money but some people might not want to pay this. The staff were very friendly and helped us with everything we needed including the location of places, shops and hotel information. Would defiantly book here again!!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Executive_Office222, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

Thank you very much for sharing your very kind feedback and we were delighted to read that your birthday weekend was enjoyable and memorable. It is very pleasing to read you enjoyed the comfort of our bedrooms and that the Spa experience was very well received.
I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back and thank you once again for your very kind comments.

kind regards