“Exquisite as always”

Ranked #49 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Somerset, England
“Exquisite as always”
Reviewed 9 January 2012

The Landmark earns its five stars in my view. The rooms are first class, the food is excellent and the service impeccable. The Landmark have a way of making you feel special and individually served despite the size and scale of the place. On this visit, I was on a tight schedule and needed my luggae sent to my room immediately so that I could dress for my next engagement. The porters always take your luggae from you automatically at the Landamrk and I was worried how long it would take to get to my room. I explained this to the desk clerk who checked me in and in the end he personally brought my bags to my room so that I wasn't delayed at all. A lovely touch. Stay here if you can. Straight opposite a tube station too.

Room Tip: Geeting a room looking inwards in to the hotel atrium gives you a peaceful night's sleep - a rar...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Executive_Office222, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, 17 January 2012
We were delighted to receive your very kind praise and have shared this with our luggage and concierge teams. It is very pleasing to read how special you feel when staying with us and do hope we can welcome you back in order these memorable moments are repeated once again.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (496)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles
Reviewed 6 January 2012

I'll try to keep it short but I tend to get a bit verbose. This was my second stay (first was for business - great option!). Brought my wife for New Year's and it was great again. I'll highlight three areas; 1) Room size and quality - the deluxe room has an entry foyer, small sitting area, sleeping area and a bathroom larger than some hotel rooms in London - the room was larger than many in the US of similar quality. 2) Service - My wife (Italian) and I regularly marvel at the marginal service in "regular" restaurants throughout much of Europe - If I'm paying $300+ for dinner, service is usually good (anywhere). No joke but left three restaurants because no one approached our table after a 10 minutes wait. The hotel recruits younger workers from throughout Europe and clearly instills a commitment to service. We never waited for more than a minutes or two before we were welcomed to their restaurants/bars. One of our favorite bars in London ironically turned out to be the Landmark's Mirror Bar where the creative drinks match the sophistication of the setting. 3) location - we like settings that are more residential or sedate (vs. tourist centers). The Marlebone train/metro station is across the street and two stops from Paddington (for express train to Heathrow). This time we got oyster cards at Paddington station for the week stay and used the metro instead of cabs (I'm sure we saved $400-500 in cab fares).

To a fault, we felt welcomed every time we returned to our "home base" and the feel of the hotel was one more of a residential accommodation with guests who tend to stay longer instead of the crush you may feel in some more touristy hotels.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Your very kind comments are very much appreciated and have been passed on to all the team. It was very pleasing indeed to read how much the team had impresssed you and we are very grateful for your kind praise. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your feedback

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Hard to fault the hotel really. only thing i can say is that it was a little too quiet for the wife and I. nice big room though on the top floor and very helpful staff.
a down side i suppose was that the cheapest wine in the bar is £13 for a small glass but you have to expect that there.
all in all very nice.... but not mind blowing

handy hint. the marylebone train station right outside hotel has a marks and spenser that do good bottles of wine for your room, and has a paul bakery for a lovely morning crossant and cup of tea for breakfast.

Room Tip: aitrium view room was very quiet
2 Thank chris t
Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us and for your very kind compliments regarding our staff. I do hope we can welcome you back in the near future to experience our food and beverage outlets in particular our restaurant and bar called 'two twenty two'

immenstaad
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I visit with my Girlfriend in december the Landmark Hotel at London.The lovely winter garden
was decoredet with a big christmas tree.The food was good but it could severd a liitle bit
warmer.The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us in December and we were delighted to read you enjoyed the impact from our 32ft Chrsitmas Tree displayed in the Winter Garden. I am sorry that you experienced the food not to be at the correct temperature and do hope we can welcome you back to experience the hotel once again.

Andernos-les-Bains, France
Reviewed 4 January 2012

All the good reviews about this hotel and it's staff are well deserved. It is well located and makes for a very enjoyable stay. Marylebone tube & rail station is right on the doorstep, at the back of the hotel. Couldn’t be more convenient.

The extras on the side are a bit pricey: a cup of tea in the lovely winter garden costs a rather stagering £6,50, buffet breakfast is £25 and buffet plus full English is £29, but other breakfast options are also offered.

Our room overlooked the winter garden so was nice and quiet, albeit a little stuffy.

1 Thank TNH33
We were very pleased to read your kind comments and delighted you found our location to be very convenient. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back in the very near future

Worcester
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Stayed here on new years eve.
Without doubt the Landmark has the most professional, accommodating and cheerful staff of all the hotels we have stayed in......truly exceptional and an example to other establishments.
Clealry managed by people who know exactly how to deliver customer service.
Our spacious room was beautifully furnished, quiet and newly decorated. Exceptionally comfortable bed and immaculate marble bathroom with powerful shower. Breakfast provides everything you could possibly want.
The hotel is located close to all of the popular tourist attractions and the Thames Embankment is easily walkable (at least it was for us!). Parking is limited but we managed to get a space in the hotel underground car park. However, there is a multi-storey car park about 100 metres away. The underground is literally opposite the hotel at the rear, along with a taxi rank and a few small cafes. No hesitation in recommending !

2 Thank Severnsider
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback and your comments regarding our staff are very much appreciated. We were delighted to read that you had a very enjoyable stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

London
Reviewed 2 January 2012

After having read many reviews of diffrent 5 star hotels in central London, to pick the best as a surprise, and to my surprise found out that even VERY expensive hotels such as "the savoy, the claridges, the ritz or the dorchester..." did not get as many possitive reviews as the Landmark hotel, never mind that they charge nearly 100% more in room rate and offer rooms just about half the size, I went with it and booked 2 deluxe rooms for my parents and I over Christmas.

I live in London, yet wanted this extra bit of luxury and wow...

The landmark is one of the last hotels form the golden days, loads of marble and thick carpets, coloured glass wondows, huge staircase... VERY English and a great way to either impress guests coming from another country or for tourists to explore the real English luxury.

My parents and I were impressed from the moment we arrived, ok there was nobody there 2 meet and greet and open the door, rather unusual for a 5 star hotel, but once we had taken out cases inside the service was great, fast check in, given rooms as i had asked for.

My parents stayed on the 5th floor, in room 553 a deluxe room in the corner with great viwes across the winter garden and ok there was a piano a few floor further down but it is not very loud for the matter of fact you really have to listen hard to hear it! and ok you can see into the rooms on the other side of the building but really no big deal, and if it is to much for some then use the curtains or book a room with street view!

I stayed on 4th floor in room 432 with views of the train station, and yes it was peaceful!

Both rooms were HUGE, and when i say huge i mean HUGE, clean and the rooms looked as good as new, next was the massive bathrooms, white marble, walk in shower and nice bath, seperat toilet and a wardrobe so big one could sleep in it!

The beds were GREAT, slept like a baby! and the rooms were great for hanging out in the evening, big sofa and an armchair!

Only thing that could have been nicer in the bathroom would have been there soap and shampoo products, ok they use "the white company" but really... for a 4 star hotel fine but for a 5 star I would expect something like Floris or Molton Brown, but hey I guess I will just bring my own next time.

The dressing gowns and slippers were a nice touch.

And let me just say that the issue with small TV's are long gone, as they now offer huge flat screens that even I can not fault.

Several people talk about dark rooms, open the curtains!!!

Was going to have dinner at the "222 restaurant" but it is closed on a Sunday, so went for dinner in Edgware Road at "Maroush Gardens" very nice food and great service, very busy so book a table.

Did not get to use the Pool and spar which I had looked forward to as it was closed on a bank holiday, but hey thats for next time!

Several people say that food at the hotel is expensive... Ok it is not cheap, hence why we did not go for the Christmas menu as it was something like £120 per person, mayube also a reason why the restaurant was not very busy.

Breaksfast... was going for the buffet, but it was not as grand as I would have expected from a 5 star hotel, it was ok but we all 3 went for breakfast menu options with which we were VERY happy. But what I wanted to say is, if people dont like the prices in a 5 star hotel, eat out or stay at a cheaper hotel.

I called for room service several times, not for food but for services and I was very impressed with the speed and frindly service, never once did i pass a member of staff who didnt great me, many hotels could learn from this! Turn down service is a nice 5 star touch!

A tip, I booked the room via lastminute.com and saved a lot of money, luxury for less!

If you are looking for luxury at a ok price, great location only a few tube stops from oxford and piccadilly circus, and like some of the biggest hotel rooms in London, the you got to stay here!

I would like to thank the team at the Landmark hotel form making my christmas such a special one and for looking after us so well!

Room Tip: Higher floors takes you away from the noise. try to get a room away form the lifts as we did as they...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family