“Stunning”

Ranked #50 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Stunning”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

I loved this hotel. Great location in Marylebone/Baker street area. The hotel is right opposite Marylebone train & tube stn. I love that it is a walk away from Regents Park - where you would never believe you were in central London. Oxford st and Knightsbridge is 5 mins cab ride away.

The hotel is beautiful and the staff excellent. I treated myself to a suite as was not disappointed. Spacious and luxurious.

Afternoon tea is wonderful and food in general is good.

I would recommend highly.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Executive_Office222, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, 12 May 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to share your feedback with us. We were delighted to read that you found the hotel , the facilities and all the staff made for a memorable experience. We hope it will not be too long before we are able to welcome you back to the Landmark London. Thank you very much for selecting the hotel.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

I didn't know what to expect because I booked the hotel via Hotwire and the Tripadvisor reviews were mixed. However, our stay was great starting with the service at the entrance of the hotel followed by registration. Service was efficient and warm. I was shocked by the size of our room. It was huge, the furniture was warm and the bedding was so comfortable. What we liked most about our room was how quiet it was, you can't hear a thing. We slept so well. It is also near metro station and if you rather get a modest breakfast, you can get a quick meal, coffee and drinkables at the train station across the street at the back of the hotel. I would certainly return to this hotel and highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lolaottawa
Executive_Office222, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
It was very kind to share your feedback with us following your stay in London. We were delighted to read that you found the service to be efficient and warm , and together with the size of our bedrooms ,on average at 55 square meters, they made for a very comfortable nights sleep.
We will be only too delighted to welcome you back in the very near future

Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

Excellent central London location, staff very professional, helpful. Food was amazing. Expensive but if you can afford it it's worth the investment. Note: gym/ swimming pool not included. Need to pay extra to use

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank MF123Dublin
Your very kind comments are most welcome and it was very pleasing to read that our team were very helpful and that the food was a great highlight for you during your stay. Many thanks for sharing this feedback and we do look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

Rogate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

This hotel is incredibly well positioned with very spacious rooms and very good service. It lacks intimacy and charm, thus no 5 rating, but as a business hotel it is an excellent choice. I used just about every amenity - laundry, room service, concierge - and everything was well attended to. Slightly too much dressing on the salad Nicoise - but, hey, let's not get too picky.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to share the feedback following your stay and we were very pleased that you found the business facilities were yo your liking, together with the service and the size of the bedrooms. I do hope that we can welcome you back in the very near future in order that you may further experience the hotel.Thank you for selecting the Landmark London

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Attended a conference at the hotel so thought I would stay the night before with my colleagues.

The executive room was amazing, really big and to an exceptional standard. The bath was deep, the wardrobe was a great size, and basically I rattled around the room on my own. Fantastic service from the staff around the place, great cocktails at the basement bar. The whole place oozed luxury and I would love to have come here for something other than business.

Conference experience amazing too, best conference lunch I've had in a long time, and the rooms were great - perfect temperature, which is so important at conferences and rarely achieved.

The only thing that spoilt this hotel for me was that on arrival we were offered to upgrade at a charge from the Superior to the Executive rooms. We decided not to as we were using the hotel as a base, not somewhere to chill out in our rooms, but then the receptionist gave us a complimentary upgrade "so we could experience the hotel". This kind of stuff puts a bad taste in my mouth - don't try to charge me for something you were going to do for free, potentially because you didn't have the superior rooms left...

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Many thanks for sharing your feedback following your stay and I am sorry that our arrival experience was not completely clear on arrival. We should have offered the complimentary upgrade from the outset and I apologise that this was not done much earlier. Your very kind comments regarding the 2-22 Restaurant and Bar together with the service from all the staff is very much appreciated, as is the very positive lunch experience within our conference and banqueting facilities
We will be delighted to welcome you back on any future occasion.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Landmark on a recent trip to visit family and friends in London. We were upgraded to a beautiful room and surprised with champagne and a chocolate cake when the reception staff heard it was my birthday! The staff were attentive and very friendly. All in all, we had a wonderful stay at the Landmark.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Executive_Office222, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and we were delighted to contribute towards your birthday celebrations. Your kind comments are very much appreciated and we were very pleased to read that you and your husband had a very enjoyable stay at the hotel.
I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel and to London in the very near future.

With kind regards
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

just returned from a weekend at the landmark celebrating my daughters 18th birthday.The landmark is straight outside Marylebone station. at the entrance turn right you will see cobbled stones and a taxi rank cross over and "the back door" of the Landmark is there. We did not see that we turned left then went for a 20 minute walk around a big block however we did see restaurants and banks on route and its all on the flat. We arrived at 12midday and was allowed to check in straight away. All the staff we met during the weekend were pleasant, helpfull and smiling. Unfortunately our room was small, bathroom was no good ( limited space, and rather worn looking.) and my daughter refused to use it. We deceided to upgrade to a family room which was very nice with character, downside it was facing the road and after buying earplugs was able to get some sleep.This is not the hotels fault as the windows have 2 layers of glass and thick curtains, it is an old building with character. We ate in the atrium, the mushroom risotto was lovely but the club sandwhich was average, main shock bottle of tap water £6.25 ( nice bottle though) we had a cocktail each at £15, the pianist was relaxing. It is a 15/20 minute walk away to Oxford street again on the flat and only crossing one main road so no need to get the underground.I was slighty disappointed about not getting the personnal touch as other reviews have mentioned about special birthdays as i did mention it at time of booking and would have been lovely. The bed linen is gorgous ( i,m afraid that is my highlite of my stay, my daughters is the orange juice for breakfast - freshly squeezed)
I would recommend the breakfast at £29 each for fully cooked english. A wide choice of food in pleasant surroundings.
positive points - the staff and position of hotel
negative points - the basic room is like any other hotel and bathroom is dated, go for more expensive room if you can.The room was dusty and my daughter suffers from hayfever ( she got through one box of tissues and started the second !)
my daughter described the landmark as a cross between the titanic and princess diaries, the sweeping staircases, lead windows, marble tables, plush settees.

Room Tip: don,t go for basic and try and get atrium room