“A top London Hotel in every sense”

The Landmark London
Ranked #52 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Simply one of the best stays ive had in London full stop. Everything about the stay was perfect; experience, staff, food and drink, room, location and facilities. I stayed with my wife for our wedding anniversary and couldnt have wished for a more ideal base. We were upgraded straight away and generally just looked after & made to feel special in what is a very busy and exclusive hotel. Very rarely do you come away from a 5* thinking it was worth the price or fuss but The Landmark is an exception.

Keep up the good work

Room Tip: Our room was right opposite Marleybone Station and despite that didnt hear any disturbance at all wh...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wevskiwev
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback on this website, following your recent stay.

Firstly please allow me to offer our congratulations on your recent wedding anniversary. I am delighted that you chose to spend this special time with us, and that our team were able to contribute to a memorable experience for you both.

I will happily pass your comments on to our teams, who will be delighted to receive them. They work hard to ensure that the time our guests choose to spend with us is comfortable and relaxing, and I am glad that they did just that for you on this most special of occasions.

I do hope that indeed we will have the opportunity in the near future to welcome you back to The Landmark London.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

Loved staying at the Landmark with my 12 year old daughter this June. The service was great. Every employee was pleasant, professional and very personable. They often anticipated your needs. My daughter caught a cold in London and ordered soup from room service and when the attendant delivered it, they told us the location and opening times of the nearest drug store for cold medicine without me having to ask.
The rooms were very spacious and comfortable with a beautiful, large, marble bathroom.

I'd say the highlight was the winter garden restaurant. Best eggs benedict I've EVER had in my life. Great assortment of wonderful food choices for breakfast and all perfectly prepared. Also had a few lunches there as well. We stayed 4 nights and many of the staff recognized us and called us by name on sight. The Marylebone tube stop right across the street made it easy to get around and because it isn't a giant station, it was easy to get tickets for the tube without long lines. Getting to and from Heathrow was a breeze on the Heathrow express because it's walking distance to Paddington Station.

Room Tip: We had a room on the top floor and could see the London eye and other sites from it. Plus being in...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SanAnselmoJeff

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay.

I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay, and that our team were able to assist in making this visit a memorable one, even despite your daughter falling ill on your visit. It will be my pleasure to share them with all involved. Our teams work hard to ensure all our guests’ stays are as comfortable and memorable as possible, and I am delighted that they were able to do just that for you during your visit.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

Stayed one night on a promotional rate booked through an offer company. As we were staying for a wedding anniversary i contacted the hotel in advance and they very kindly provided some amazing chocolate dipped strawberries and a cake at our evening meal. Nothing was too much trouble. Check in was excellent and we were escorted to our executive room. the room was fantastic, huge for any hotel room, let alone a central hotel. The rooms are arranged in a square around a central atrium so half the rooms look out of the hotel and half into the fantastic central autrium. We ate dinner in the winter garden and took advantage of the new menu, both the steak and the pork loin where excellent although very rich. Our rate entitled us to visit the spa without extra cost and we took advantage of this, the pool was very good and warm (it is a non-chlorinated pool) and not too busy. overall, all the staff we had contact with were excellent, and we really felt like we were special. Yes, the hotel is expensive (£4 for a small bottle of soft drink from the hotel bar) but on this occasion it was worth every penny.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank terryhey

Reviewed 17 June 2013

We arrived at Marylebone Railway Station and so entered by that entrance. We were welcomed at the door and directed to the reception desk. There we were welcomed and advised we had been upgraded from a deluxe room to an executive room on the 5th floor. That was an unexpected nice surprise. We were in London to celebrate my wife’s birthday so this great gesture got us off to a wonderful start.

The air conditioned room had a large king size bed, a large separate seating area, two large flat screen TVs, and a very spacious bathroom with, bath, separate walk in shower and large wardrobe.

We thoroughly enjoyed breakfast the following morning in the Winter Garden. We have stayed at many truly great 5* hotels around the world but I think the leisurely excellent quality breakfast with great variety at the Landmark is the best we have had.

The level of service and attention from all the staff we encountered at the Landmark was exceptional and beyond our very high expectations

In business you only get one chance to make a good first impression to a customer and the whole Landmark team made a great impression on both of us.

We highly recommend the "Capital Weekend Break" which is very good value and includes a bottle of champagne in the room.We will definitely stay at the Landmark next time we come to stay in London.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JASAS

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel on this website.

I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay, and that our team were able to assist in making this visit a memorable one. I am particularly pleased that you enjoyed our delicious breakfast as our team of chefs will be only too pleased to receive your kind words; they work hard to ensure each and every week we have only the highest quality offering for our guests.

I will happily also pass your comments on to the rest of our teams, who will be delighted to receive them. They work hard to ensure that the time our guests choose to spend with us is comfortable and relaxing, and I am glad that they created such a memorable first impression for you.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity in the near future to welcome you back to The Landmark London.

Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night in June and were treated like royalty.
Room was huge with seating area and huge bed.
Bathroom & separate wc areas excellent.

Staff were superb nothing was too much trouble.

Great ambience in atrium area.

Great location just beside marylebone station.

A real treat & can't wait to return.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank welton

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on this website.

Needless to say, I am delighted that you had such a wonderful stay with us. I am so pleased that we have exceeded your expectations, and that our team were able to make your time with us that bit more special.

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive comments from our guests, and I will happily share them with our teams.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to your home away from home, for another memorable experience.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

We booked the Landmark through an offer company in order to get a high class of service at a reasonable price, out of the London Congestion Charge area.

We were not disappointed, half a mile off the A40 ramp with it's own car park it could not have been easier. London taxis make every part of London available within a £20 cab ride, so no problem once the car is parked. The tube is a cheaper option and is a block away.

The hotel was truly 5 Star but prices for extras matched that with room for change. The vaunted spa and pool is also extra so we didi not use it, at £15 each per day that was just not worth it.

Room WiFi was included but did not work on my IPad, however, the manager allocated a different server and all was well.

The staff couldn't have been more helpful but in truth, what with the Palm Tree Atrium, multi ethic guests and non- English staff, inside the hotel could have been anywhere in the Middle or Far East. In reality if you want 5 star service and hard working helpful staff this is probably the right answer.

Our stay was a pleasure and worked out exactly as planned for work and play so a good decision well worth the "offer price", I would think twice about booking at the full price but it is possible.

All in all a good experience, well done the Landmark, I can recommend it especially to those travelling in from the West by car (use the M/A40).

Room Tip: The spa is extra so drops in rating for value not quality
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on this website.

I am very glad that you enjoyed your trip, and that your stay with us was indeed a memorable one.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London on your next visit to the city.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

We come to The Landmark Hotel from University of West London as a part of our course. The topic was customer service; obstacles and best practice in delivering good customer service. We were welcomed by two wonderful ladies from Training department; Lindsay and Lenita. Both Ladies prepared for us absolutely fantastic experience, shown us around the hotel and shared with us some of their extensive experiences. Also other employees whom we did have opportunity to meet during our short trip were very friendly and welcoming. The hotel appears to be a model for" how it should be done". We certainly could see that the employees are understood, looked after and therefore they take great care of hotel guests. Thank you Lindsay and Lenita for doing this. UWL students

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business