“Afternoon Tea 12th October”

The Landmark London
Ranked #48 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Bushey, England, United Kingdom
“Afternoon Tea 12th October”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

My wife had organised for a friend and myself to go to The Landmark to celebrate the friend's 70th and my 65th. Service excellent, ambience excellent, tea selection excellent, food excellent. A thoroughly enjoyable experience that I would be happy to go to again

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit with us.

I was delighted that you and your friend enjoyed our sumptuous Afternoon Tea, in the magnificent setting of our Winter Garden. I was particularly pleased that our team were able to make this experience a memorable one, and that you thoroughly enjoyed the wide range of delicacies on offer.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London, perhaps for another special celebration.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Stirling, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

Average may seem a bit unfair to some but to attain "average" , as well as bad points there must be good. The hotel rooms are superb in layout and size. My room a had glorious deep bath and comfortable bed. The downsides are " some " poor staff, some cleanliness issues. Very high drinks and room service prices and in the 21st century they want £14.50 to connect to WiFi ! This is crazy when fast food restaurants and coffee shops give it free ! Breakfast was a bit like a chain airport hotel style buffet. To end on a high note some of the staff were a joy and could not be more polite and helpful, notable was the doorman, such a nice jolly chap.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your feedback, following your recent stay.

Whilst I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your time with us, I am sorry to hear that there were some aspects of your stay that did not meet your expectations, and would like to offer my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

We do take on board your comments regarding our additional charges, however based on our guests’ feedback, we have decided to adopt a more transparent approach to our pricing. As a result, we do not include any extras in our rates; rather we provide more flexibility for guests to pay only for what they use. However, as I said we appreciate your comments, and thank you for sharing them with us.

I am delighted however that our team, and in particular one of our charismatic door team, were able to contribute to a memorable experience. I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London.

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

From the moment we stepped into the hotel, it was immediately obvious that we were in somewhere special. The staff were efficient, helpful, attentive and professional. The hotel generally, and our room were pleasantly comfortable, clean and welcoming. The restaurant provided prompt and polite service; the excellent food was enjoyed in a relaxing and stylish atmosphere. No doubt about it, five stars.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sue m
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on this website.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, and that your experience overall was so memorable. Our team work hard to delight our guests at every possible moment, so I am glad to hear that they were able to do just that. Our team of chefs will also be delighted to read that you enjoyed your meal so much, and it is always my pleasure to share such kind words with them.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity in the near future to welcome you back to The Landmark London, for what I am confident will be another wonderful experience.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

When we arrived to check-in at the Landmark, they gave the entire family a tour of the hotel amenities which included special access to the indoor swimming pool. Generally reserved for adults as part of their spa and fitness center, the hotel invited families to use the pool during certain hours during Spring Break. With the weather being about 43-45 degrees celsius, it never occurred to us to pack a swimsuit for our 9-year old and 4-year old sons. But it was the absolute highlight of their stay in London. My husband walked a few block and got a great deal on swimsuits, himself included, and the boys were in the pool just about every day. The breakfast buffet was terrific and they really tried to accommodate the entire family. The pub in the hotel was also great for kids, and there's a great fish and chips place within walking distance - Seashells was the name, I believe. It's also close to the Marylbone tube stop, just across the street - which has access to tube service and train service. The room was also an amazing 400+ square feet. It included two double beds and a sitting area, perfect for those nights when the boys convinced us room service should be on the agenda! My husband had forgotten his phone charger in Paris, and one of the desk staff loaned him her personal charger for the duration of our stay - talk about customer service!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to learn that you and your family enjoyed your time with us so much, and that in particular your children were able to make good use of our fabulous swimming pool, located within our popular Health Club and Spa.

We are very fortunate to have such spacious rooms within the hotel, and I am glad that you were able to enjoy the benefit of the extra space. I was also personally thrilled to read about the service received from one of our team – all our team members endeavour to ensure all our guests’ experiences are as comfortable and memorable as possible, and indeed it is very rewarding to hear about it when they do.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you and your family back to The Landmark London on your next visit to the city.

South Windsor, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We recently stayed several nights at this lovely hotel. The interior, from the atrium to the room decor, gives you the feeling of getting away into a warm and elegant city apartment building harkening back to a quieter era. The staff was effusively pleasant, the food was terrific (one of the nicest Sunday brunches we've ever encountered), and the hotel is convenient to Regent's park, a few lovely pubs, and right across the street from a tube stop. We were SO pleased that our tour picked this hotel to host us while in London.

Room Tip: Rooms on the inside (atrium view) are probably quieter than on the outer street side. We didn't...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on this website.

We too our pleased that we were your chosen hotel for your group’s visit to London, and I was personally delighted to read that your experience with us was such a memorable one. We are indeed extremely proud of the marvellous building we find ourselves in, and it is always pleasing to read when our guests share the same feelings.

I am glad that you enjoyed the food so much, and indeed that our team were able to exceed your expectations.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back once more to The Landmark London.

United Kingdom

Location
Excellent location just at the Marlyborne station, which is only from Paddington and thus fast and easy to get back/from heathrow. The hotel also has a good location for nice restaurants and shopping.

Room
I stayed at the hotel for 4 days for business reasons. I requested a high floor room, which the hotel honoured and also upgraded me to an executive room as a member of LHW. Avoid rooms at the 2nd level towards the main street due to traffic. I have tried that complained to management and was moved to a satisfying room.
Loved the sky light sealing and the large room. I have stayed in several rooms at the hotel and they are all pretty large. Good business working area. Bathrooms are well designed for two people. It is fresh with marbles and all necessities. Own brand of shampoos etc (made in Italy, no parabens). The light over the mirrors in bathroom could be a bit brighter. Room very clean everywhere on hat shelf, under the bed etc.

Breakfast
The breakfast holds a 5 star hotel of LHW class. It is fresh, abundant and service is rather swift. Tranquil and beautiful environment. A full breakfast is easily a lunch as well.

The service is attentive and the reception recognised me from previous stay in a personalised way. The room service is swift, pleasant and correct. One evening I needed a blouse washed hastily and a helpful man Nicodemus actually promised and delivered the blouse in 2 hours, although hotel have a 4 hours deliverance scheme. Very efficient and helpful attitude.

Overall:
Great location, rooms and breakfast. Like all large hotels it is not very personal, but very professional and with a dedicated management.

Room Tip: Avoid 2nd floor towards main street
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us, during your recent four night stay. Our location is ideal for traversing the city, and I am glad that it was convenient for your short time here. I was sorry to read that the first room you were allocated did not meet your expectations; however I am pleased we were able to find a more suitable one for you.

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding our breakfast. Our dedicated team of chefs work hard to ensure we cater for every guest’s needs, so it is pleasing to read that they were able to do just that.

I was of course particularly delighted to read that our team were able to make your experience here at the hotel that bit more memorable, as I truly believe they endeavour to delight all our guests, and indeed make them feel as if they were at home.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London in the near future.

Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

I was staying here as part of a business conference. Every single contact with staff was professional, helpful and friendly. Food was very good and my room on 6th floor gave good views over London. It's a short walk from Paddington (Heathrow Express) and Tube station is seconds away.
It's the same with all great hotels - it's the staff who make the difference.
The Landmark is a great hotel

Room Tip: 6th floor is fine. Don't know about any other floors.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review of our hotel on this site.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us so much, and in particular that our team were able to make your time with us so memorable. I am pleased that you found our location to be so convenient, and that our food offering was also to your liking. However, for me personally it is always the greatest accolade to read that our team are making our guests feel at home, and exceeding their expectations.