“A Great Hotel!”

The Landmark London
Ranked #53 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My wife and I decided to splash out on our Wedding Anniversary and stay at the Landmark. The staff were very polite staff and friendly. The room was immaculate and spacious- we were lucky to be upgraded to a slightly larger room! We were also lucky enough to have complimentary breakfast in our room as the hotel was very full and they were expecting breakfast time to be very busy. The food and service were great. Couldn't asking for anything more on out anniversary stay!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on this website.

Firstly, please allow me to offer our congratulations on your recent wedding anniversary. It is always a delight to read that when our guests choose to spend their special occasions with us, that our team are able to make their experience that bit more memorable.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the comfort and luxury of your spacious guest room, and indeed that the breakfast served in your room was so pleasant. It will be my pleasure to pass on your kind words to our team.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,981)

Reviewed 24 October 2013

We attended a family wedding at the hotel and stayed two nights. Everything was very well organised and the staff, food and hotel were excellant. I would certainly recommend the hotel to anyone who is visiting London and it is a great location.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DebbieMGuy

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments, regarding your recent stay.

I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed the wedding you attended here so much, and indeed that our team were able to make this experience a memorable one for you all. It is such a pleasure for us to host such happy occasions here, and our team work hard to ensure every detail is taken care of.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London, perhaps for another event or indeed another overnight stay.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We booked a table for 10 in august 2013 . because we were more than 6 we had to have the set menu and I promise you the food was awful, I had a chicken thing with a green sauce that was so strong tasting it was revolting, as for the chicken it neither resembled or tasted like it.the starters were awful too just so pretencious and unappealing in taste.cant even remember what the dessert was it had made such a good impression on me!!!! I always try to write good reviews fair and honest, I feel a wee bit sad I cant find anything good to say about the food. Just hope the chef that cooks the food and the person that decides the set menu is reading this review and do something about it...the actual hotel is absolutely stunning the waitress that served us and the other staff there really nice but once again just a shame about the lousy set menu food..oh and by the way it wasnt just me that never enjoyed the food it was all of us...so landmark scored a 10 out of 10 for all the wrong reasons

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on this website.

I was naturally disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy your dining experience with us, and indeed that the food you and your party had did not leave you with a good impression. Please be assured that our team of chefs indeed do receive all forms of feedback that our guests take time to leave, and will do everything necessary to ensure your experience is not repeated.

However, I am pleased that you enjoyed the beautiful surroundings of our hotel, and indeed that our team were able to take good care of you.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London in the near future, and prove to you the high standards our valued guests have come to expect from us.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

An excellent hotel in every respect. Delightful staff, lovely bedroom, very good dining facilities. Sunday "brunch" offers a good way to entertain with good value for money.Ideally located for Marlybone Railway Station.

Room Tip: Overlooking the Atrium
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Whilst I was pleased to read that you found our location to be convenient for you during your time with us, and indeed that you enjoyed the comfort and luxury of our spacious guest rooms, I was indeed delighted to learn that the service you received from our team made this stay all the more memorable.

Our team work hard to ensure all our guests’ experiences are as comfortable and enjoyable as possible, and I am glad that they were able to do just that for you on this occasion.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We booked a room for my parents so they could celebrate my mother's 70th birthday. Their stay coincided with the live opera dinner in the Winter Garden.

My parents had a lovely room, warm welcome, birthday card from the staff and we all enjoyed the opera dinner - wonderful food and a really magical evening.

The breakfast just before checkout was wonderful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank T_A_1232013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, following your parents’ stay with us.

I was delighted to read that your parents enjoyed their time with us so much, and indeed that we were able to make their celebrations for your mother’s birthday that bit more special. It is always a pleasure for us when our guests choose to spend such memorable occasions here, and I am so pleased that they not only enjoyed their guest room and dining experience, but also our popular Opera night.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you all back to The Landmark London in the near future.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Probably done over 40 nights here and it is a sound 5* hotel close to Marylebone and straight off the A40 with parking. An imposing entrance, reasonable rooms, a decent bar/bistro downstairs and nice pool. However, the service has been found very wanting at times, particularly in the Winter Garden where I would go so far as to say the staff are dismissive which is very odd as this is not exactly a high-brow venue...

Anyway, you'll get a good rate, reasonable room and will get fed. It won't be in the league of the big players but, then again, it should not be purporting to be.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on this website, following your most recent stay.

Whilst I am pleased that, in general, you do enjoy your stays with us, I was disheartened to learn that as a regular guest, your experiences with us are not always as you would expect. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience caused by the shortfalls in service experienced.

I would very much welcome the opportunity to learn what more we could do to make your time with us more memorable, and would be delighted if you would like to get in touch to discuss further. I can be reached at Hotel.Manager@thelandmark.co.uk

I do hope to hear from you soon, and indeed we look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed here with a tour group. Our extra night before the tour was good, but "wow" on the price.
The room was large with a comfortable bed and two comfortable chairs. The bathroom was lovely marble and had all the extras you would expect. However the room had one narrow window that looked out into the atrium. Because we were on the second floor and there was a wide balcony at that level we could not see the atrium. We could only look out and see other windows and up to the glass roof. I missed natural light and being able to see the sky outside.
The breakfast was extraordinary with most every food, juice and bread available. The coffee came in your own french-press pot which I loved!
The location is good. Not many restaurants close by, but there is a train station across the street.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel on this site.

I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us, and indeed that you enjoyed the comfort and luxury of your spacious guest room. In particular, I was delighted that you enjoyed our sumptuous breakfast in the specular setting of our Winter Garden, and in addition that you found our location to be convenient.

I was sorry to read that our prices did not meet your expectations – we do regularly check our prices to ensure we are in line with other 5 star hotels in the city, and find ourselves always to be competitive. However, we take on board your comments, and thank you for taking the time to share them with us.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London on your next visit to our city.