“Avoid this hotel”

Ranked #49 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Avoid this hotel”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This hotel is a rip off.
They charged me 18.42 pounds for a local call to a London cell phone.
When I questioned the charge, the general manager responded by saying that he found this outrageous charge to be " in line and more competitive than others" and no adjustment was made.
They also charge internet service.
Avoid this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
7 Thank 2222222h
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on this site.

I am deeply sorry that your stay in March this year did not meet your expectations, and indeed that you found our pricing not to be in line with other 5 star hotels in the city.

We take your comments on board regarding our pricing for WiFi. We have consciously adopted a more transparent philosophy with regards to our charges, meaning that we do not include extras in our room rates. In accordance with our own guests’ feedback, this enables them to ensure only what is used is paid for.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I do hope that in the future we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London, and to restore your faith in us.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Buckinghamshire
Reviewed 28 November 2013

We will shortly be returning to this wonderful hotel for our Christmas shopping trip and look forward to enjoying the wonderful architecture, ambience and high level service. The Atrium is simply spectacular and the rooms are comfortable and spacious.
The hotel is convenient for all the North London stations and literally opposite Marylebone station and tube. The walk down Marylebone High Street to Selfridges is interesting with lots of stuff to see on the way.
The 222 bar downstairs is good but the Mirror Bar is one of the best London has to offer.
The Spa is as you would expect but watch out for the additional charge to use the pool and sauna, somehow it caught us out as it wasn't made clear.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel on this website.

I am delighted that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back, for your annual Christmas spree. Thank you for highlighting the features of our hotel – I am so pleased that you remember your previous experience so well, and can assure you that our team will do their utmost to ensure your next stay is as wonderful and memorable as the last.

Please do feel free to contact me directly at Hotel.Manager@thelandmark.co.uk if there is anything I may arrange arrival that will make your upcoming visit that bit more special.

I look forward to hearing from you prior to your visit, or indeed post departure to hear how your experience was.

Baku
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Very good service and beautiful building. Breakfast at the conservatory/winter garden turns it into unforgettable experience. Rooms are of a good size and very clean. Staff is professional, yet not intrusive. Location is another good thing about the hotel. Tube station just across the road, yet you can still easily walk to Oxford street too.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel on this website.

I was delighted, in particular, to see that you enjoyed your breakfast experience in the stunning setting of our magnificent Winter Garden, and indeed that you found your spacious guest room to be so comfortable.

It is most rewarding for our team to read positive feedback about their efforts, and it will be my pleasure to pass your kind words on to them. I am glad also that you found our location to be so well suited to your needs during your recent stay.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London for another memorable experience.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Every time we stay at the landmark we're made to feel like royalty. The service and facilities reflect the stunning 5* setting and everything is delivered in a considerate, non intrusive way. The spa is wonderful and breakfast offers a vast array of choices. The staff make you feel totally at home. Wouldn't consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments on this website, following your recent visit.

I was delighted to read not only that your most recent stay with us was so enjoyable, but also that each and every time you visit our team are able to meet and indeed your expectations. Every one of our team members works hard to ensure our guests’ experiences with us are as comfortable and memorable as possible, and I am so glad that this is the case for you on every stay.

It is our aim to ensure you feel at home away from home, and I am so pleased to see that this is indeed the feeling you have when you are here.

I do look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit to The Landmark London in the near future.

Burnley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013

It was our first stay at the Landmark hotel and it was superb!! On walking in to the stunning reception, Andres was very welcoming and polite, he happened to check us out as well and remained friendly and professional throughout our stay.
We were in a suite which was luxurious, my daughters were jealous of the room (I had to send them pictures to show how fabulous it was!) and we slept well in the comfy beds after a long day walking round London.
Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and Sarah Thornton was friendly, helpful and showed us round which was lovely.
The hotel location is great and I wouldn't hesitate to come back and stay again next time I'm in London.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, following your recent stay.

It is such a pleasure for me personally to read such positive feedback about our team members on this website, and the memorable experiences they are creating for our guests. Thank you for your kind words regarding Andres & Sarah – indeed it will be my pleasure to pass these on to them.

I was pleased to read that you found our location to be convenient for the duration of your stay, and delighted to hear that you will be coming back to stay once again.

I do look forward to welcoming you back soon to The Landmark London, for your next visit.

Stoke on Trent
Reviewed 25 November 2013

What a great hotel, from the check in desk you walk through the atrium with the high glass roof, palm trees and comfy seating. Even the most basic room is fabulous with views of the atrium good beds great bathroom and first class in room entertainment. The service in the hotel is first class with afternoon tea, with champagne strawberries while listening to live piano music. Before leaving for a night out on the town visit the Mirror Bar, which servers good quality Champagne and other drinks to set up the evening. I have had only one problem on the many times I have stayed at the hotel, the air conditioning was too hot, within 20 minutes we were moved to a new room job done.

Just love this hotel

Room Tip: Any room will do
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank johnwhalley
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on this website.

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your time with us so much, and that you were so impressed with the spectacular setting of our beautiful Winter Garden. Moreover, I was pleased to read that our team were able to make this experience a memorable one, and that the service you received throughout your stay was of such high quality.

I am sorry, however, that the air conditioning in your room was not set to the appropriate temperature, and that this has been a recurring issue. If you would be so kind as to contact me directly prior to your next stay, I will personally ensure that this is not the case for subsequent visits. I can be contacted at: Hotel.Manager@thelandmark.co.uk

I do look forward to hearing from you soon, and having the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London in the near future.

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Our second stay at the Landmark for a family 50th Birthday. Concierge and reception fantastic as expected allowing us to leave bags from early on and then checking in 2hrs early as room was ready!
Room was superb with a perfect 6th floor view over the winter garden restaurant which regardless of the time of day always creates a heavenly atmosphere.

In the Mirror Bar it was a pleasure to sit and watch the scientists concocting their tailor made cocktails, in particular Mathius and another gentleman (short dark hair and glasses) who are true artists at what they do!

The champagne brunch was yet again spot on with staff refilling after practically every mouthful although occasionally when requesting something they had to be reminded.

Yet again another memorable stay and can't wait to return next year. Thanks!

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Graeme R
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your comments on this website.

I was pleased to read not only that you enjoyed your return stay with us so much, but also that our team were able to make this special celebration so memorable. It is such a pleasure for us when our guests choose to spend such occasions with us, and even more delightful to read that we were able to contribute to this milestone.

Thank you for your comments regarding our fabulous Mirror Bar, and in particular about Mathius. It will be my pleasure to pass on your comments to him, and indeed the rest of the team. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our famous Sunday brunch whilst you were here also, and that indeed this was a highlight of your stay.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London in the near future, perhaps for another special celebration.